Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by bh49 »

on_the_edge wrote:So using the link for the Manix above, I went out to Amazon and saw a new one available for $92.38 + $4.57 shipping...from CHINA!!! What gives with that? Counterfeit or no?
No
You will get real chineese spyder :) :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

bh49 wrote:
on_the_edge wrote:So using the link for the Manix above, I went out to Amazon and saw a new one available for $92.38 + $4.57 shipping...from CHINA!!! What gives with that? Counterfeit or no?
No
So you are saying that one could easily get a fake on Amazon, correct? How many have you gotten?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

on_the_edge wrote:
bh49 wrote:
No
So you are saying that one could easily get a fake on Amazon, correct? How many have you gotten?
It is possible to get fakes on Amazon and some have reported receiving knockoffs. When the order is fulfilled by Amazon, you're likely going to get a real Spyderco. When it's fulfilled by a third party that's shipping from China, well, that's a major red flag and I'd be extremely suspicious. Nice thing is, you're covered by Amazon if a marketplace seller sends a fake, so you can always get a refund.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... d=13832201
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

That price -- S92.38 + $4.57 S&H for blurple Manix from China -- is still up. If anybody orders that one, I hope they'll report back if & when it arrives... hmmm... maybe the distinction between G-10 & FRCP was lost in the translation.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

on_the_edge wrote:
bh49 wrote:
No
I didn't get any fakes from Amazon, but all knives, which I bought on Amazon, I bought from Amazon. And in your case the only way to be sure, if this is a fake or not is to buy it and check.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

mb1

Post by mb1 »

Ordering Spyderco from Amazon comes with inherent risk. Adding China to the mix...not worth it IMHO.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

Howdy:

Massdrop has a special edition Paramilitary 2 with S35VN steel for $136.19. Here is the link: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... 2903543055

Cheers,
LV
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

mb1 wrote:Ordering Spyderco from Amazon comes with inherent risk. Adding China to the mix...not worth it IMHO.
Makes you wonder why a made in USA knife would be shipping from China..........
LDB

Post by LDB »

I've had good luck with Massdrop on a few pieces. Once more in case someone hesitated before.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... emailshare
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

LDB wrote:I've had good luck with Massdrop on a few pieces. Once more in case someone hesitated before.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... emailshare
So what is the verdict? Is this a "crazy" deal, a more humble "great" deal or just a good deal?

LV
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

I would call it a good deal IMO. Not awesome, but good enough that I'd probably bite if I did not already have an S35VN, which I love BTW.
LDB

Post by LDB »

Definitely a good deal. Maybe a great deal. Probably not a crazy deal. But I take crazy deal as a thread title and the goal being anything from good deals upward.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I see KW has those Brown PM2s in stock. Massdrop is a little cheaper.

BladeHQ and who knows who else has them too. Guess they're back for a little while.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Hungarian is $120 at Amazon.
If somebody didn't get it earlier, I strongly advise to get one. Amazing price for this beautiful and useful knife.

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

on_the_edge wrote:
bh49 wrote:
No
there ARE reputable dealers on Amazon. But stick to the US sellers. Don't order from the Chinese Bookstore selling knives.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

bh49 wrote:Hungarian is $120 at Amazon.
If somebody didn't get it earlier, I strongly advise to get one. Amazing price for this beautiful and useful knife.
If someone is traveling to Portugal please bring me one. :D
My 1 month son is Hungarian and I'd love to gift him this knife some years from now.
vgex

Post by vgex »

Cabela's has the blue Delica for $54.99 w/free shipping.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Ebay coupon is back for those interested... Salt2 for $60 if you add $0.03 filler to your cart.

eBay.com offers $15 off $75+ when you apply coupon code PSUMMER15OFF and checkout via PayPal. Thanks alanbrenton via Slickdeals

Offer is valid today only, June 23, 2017 until 8 pm PST. Coupon can be used once per PayPal account. Eligible items exclude items in the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The last time I tried an ebay coupon like this, when I tried again with my wife's paypal account, it wouldn't work because "this coupon has already been used with this ebay account." So apparently you have to use a second ebay account as well as paypal acct. We actually have another ebay account too, but I got over my desperation to spend money for awhile and the deadline passed ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

I had been thinking about a Dragonfly in ZDP-189 after I got my SE H1 Dragonfly. Let me just say that this thread is bad for my willpower. :rolleyes: ;)