Reinhold Rhino Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Reinhold Rhino Update

Post by ZrowsN1s »

white-rhino-large-101011-1038x576.jpg
I'm on Rhino watch :D Can't wait.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:white-rhino-large-101011-1038x576.jpg
I'm on Rhino watch :D Can't wait.
Did Michael design this too? :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Natural selection IS an efficient way to test new prototypes ;)

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Sully

Post by Sully »

^^^^^^That photo makes my point from yester-year that a gray (or grey) Rhino would have been killer. Gray G10, gray micarta, gray whatever. Ok fine, better suited for when the Rhino is in full sprint. :D

Credit to Spyderco for reconfiguring the Rhino with even better materials when the initial piece was not up to par. They're making it even more "worth the wait." What a cool design it is, made even better by skipping past the entry-level version. Though I do appreciate the merit of the low-cost/value argument.

Expecting a leadoff homerun for Michael, and already looking forward to seeing what designs follow.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
palonej

Post by palonej »

Sully wrote:^^^^^^That photo makes my point from yester-year that a gray (or grey) Rhino would have been killer. Gray G10, gray micarta, gray whatever. Ok fine, better suited for when the Rhino is in full sprint. :D

Credit to Spyderco for reconfiguring the Rhino with even better materials when the initial piece was not up to par. They're making it even more "worth the wait." What a cool design it is, made even better by skipping past the entry-level version. Though I do appreciate the merit of the low-cost/value argument.

Expecting a leadoff homerun for Michael, and already looking forward to seeing what designs follow.
Oh God Sully!!! Now I know I'm gonna need custom scales for my Rhino!!! Gray or grey!! I'll take either!!!
:D
Joe
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sully wrote:^^^^^^That photo makes my point from yester-year that a gray (or grey) Rhino would have been killer. Gray G10, gray micarta, gray whatever. Ok fine, better suited for when the Rhino is in full sprint. :D

Yeah I think a Grey G-10 would be nice too. A polished G-10 "white rhino" would also be cool :D

Sully

Post by Sully »

palonej wrote: Oh God Sully!!! Now I know I'm gonna need custom scales for my Rhino!!! Gray or grey!! I'll take either!!!
:D
Joe
Please, please, please.... POST PICS of the very first Gray (GREY?) Rhino born in the wild!!! :D

Maybe Michael will adopt her. :)
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Sully

Post by Sully »

ZrowsN1s wrote: Yeah I think a Grey G-10 would be nice too. A polished G-10 "white rhino" would also be cool :D
Ooooooh, the ever-so-rare Albino Rhino would be so cool!

Can't wait to ogle the upcoming "Custom Rhino" thread. :cool:

bh49

Post by bh49 »

White rhino,
No problem
Attachments
roof on background is the roof of Michael's shed, where white rhino lives
roof on background is the roof of Michael's shed, where white rhino lives
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

What I really like about this knife is I don't feel like I have to wait for a sprint before I pick one up. It's already got upgraded handles, washers, and steel on the base model. That being said I also can't wait for sprints. :D I have an addiction.

cyclone336

Post by cyclone336 »

I'm sure this will be a fantastic knife, but it is going to be too rich for my blood. Ever since I lost my Dragonfly in ZDP-189, I don't want to EDC a knife over $70. Pre-order canceled.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

cyclone336 wrote:I'm sure this will be a fantastic knife, but it is going to be too rich for my blood. Ever since I lost my Dragonfly in ZDP-189, I don't want to EDC a knife over $70. Pre-order canceled.
you right. You need to work on not loosing knives first. I never lost any of my knives.
But I recently lost my favorite light :) :eek:
BTW Welcome to the Forum

cyclone336

Post by cyclone336 »

bh49 wrote:you right. You need to work on not loosing knives first. I never lost any of my knives.
But I recently lost my favorite light :) :eek:
BTW Welcome to the Forum
Thanks! Yeah. I don't know what happened. It was clipped in my pocket when I went to the optometrist, but when I got home it was gone. Since then I have been carrying a Roadie. I love that guy, but he is too small for some EDC tasks.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

cyclone336 wrote: I don't know what happened. It was clipped in my pocket when I went to the optometrist, but when I got home it was gone.
If I would be you, I would never go to this optometrist ever. :)
I have no clue where I lost my light. Fortunately I got 15% off coupon and got replacement.
Sorry about lost Dragonfly. It is a good knife.

cyclone336

Post by cyclone336 »

bh49 wrote:If I would be you, I would never go to this optometrist ever. :)
LOL!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Cyclone,

Welcome to our forum.

I agree not losing knives is better than losing them. Sorry about your loss.

A thought to share: Sometimes one lessens the experience by putting a dollar value on it.

I won't carry an expensive knife because I might lose it.
I drive a cheap car because I might crash.
I eat cheap food because I might throw up.
etc. etc. etc.

balance and moderation is a good standard.

sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote: I won't carry an expensive knife because I might lose it.
sal
I hope that Eric still giving you employee discount for Spydercos :) :D

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I used to hesitate to carry my expensive knives. But then one day I had a thought that sort of changed things for me, who am I saving them for? Future me? Relatives, friends, or the next guy who happens to end up with them after I'm dead and gone? Everything falls apart. :) Enjoy it before it falls apart.

cyclone336

Post by cyclone336 »

sal wrote:Sometimes one lessens the experience by putting a dollar value on it.
Right, and that's why I believe in "buy once, cry once" for good gear. Unfortunately for me, buying twice or thrice ends up being more crying than I want to do. So I guess my comment was an expression of disappointment in the fact that I will not allow myself to buy the new Rhino and not a judgement on the merits of the new Rhino.

Also, it would have been a harder decision if your Byrd knives weren't so good (I'm looking at you, Crow 2).
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
cyclone336 wrote: I don't know what happened. It was clipped in my pocket when I went to the optometrist, but when I got home it was gone.
If I would be you, I would never go to this optometrist ever. :)
I have no clue where I lost my light. Fortunately I got 15% off coupon and got replacement.
Sorry about lost Dragonfly. It is a good knife.
Welcome to the forum, Cyclone. Nice to have you here! Sorry to hear about the missing Dragonfly 2. I had a similar incident with losing a Calypso Jr. many years ago. Never knew where I lost it, but it bummed me out for several weeks. :o I am really hoping the Rhino's cost stays fairly reasonable when it comes out. Hopefully you can get one. :)

bh49 wrote:
sal wrote: I won't carry an expensive knife because I might lose it.
sal

I hope that Eric still giving you employee discount for Spydercos :) :D
True! Although I've been known to use the reverse perspective when pleading with my wife: "But Honey, I won't lose this expensive knife because I'll be extra careful with it." ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal