Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Robbob

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by Robbob »

Two Rescues on the way and I have no idea of what to do with them. Too good of a deal to pass up, though.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

LDB wrote:Wish I'd known that before I ordered but I also added a Sharpmaker so I get free shipping too. The two knives will be for my grandsons and the SM for me.

They have good customer service generally. Send them a message on the customer service portion of the website and let them know that you forgot to type it in. Couldn't hurt to try
Think for yourself
palonej

Post by palonej »

SF Native wrote:Congrats joe. Seems the knife is enjoying the cutting more than you. Yikes.
Yup!!! I was blown away when the knife smiled at me after it bit me!!!
:D :D
Carried it at work today and I am here to tell you this bad boy cuts like a light saber!!! What a fantastic tool!! Sal did one helluva job designing this slicy beast!!!
Joe
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

It's not a crazy deal, but brown para 2's are back in stock at BHQ. For those still looking for one. Go get em.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

That KC BOGO is a fantastic deal... The Rescue 3 is one of my favorite SE's. It has essentially the same powerful serrations as the D'Allara Rescue and Pacific Salt (though in a straight edge re the Pac Salt), plus it is very light and trim and extremely comfortable in hand. Anybody still on the fence about this one better jump on it if they're not all gone.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
rivy

Post by rivy »

jtoler_9 wrote:It's not a crazy deal, but brown para 2's are back in stock at BHQ. For those still looking for one. Go get em.
Why does S35VN cost more than S110V?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

rivy wrote:
jtoler_9 wrote:It's not a crazy deal, but brown para 2's are back in stock at BHQ. For those still looking for one. Go get em.
The S110V is standard production and thus made in much bigger quantities. The Brown S35VN is a Moteng distributor exclusive, so made in very small batches. Also, the smaller quantities of S35VN steel might cause it to cost more, now that Spyderco uses S110V in so many models.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
rivy

Post by rivy »

DougC-3 wrote:
rivy wrote:
The S110V is standard production and thus made in much bigger quantities. The Brown S35VN is a Moteng distributor exclusive, so made in very small batches. Also, the smaller quantities of S35VN steel might cause it to cost more, now that Spyderco uses S110V in so many models.
Gotcha, that makes sense. It looks like Knife center has a brown one in S35VN as well for a little less than the BHQ one if anyone's looking. The color of the brown looks a little different could be a photo/monitor thing, but not sure if they're exactly the same or not.
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

I just got a second hand Assist off eBay today, otherwise that deal would look great
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZMW wrote:I just got a second hand Assist off eBay today, otherwise that deal would look great
I've got a 2nd hand Assist too, which I leave in my vehicle for emergencies. It's a great knife, but I think the Rescue 3 is much better for EDC because it's relatively slim, trim, lighter, smaller in hand, and has a nice choil for choking up. The Rescue 3 is also better for cutting brush, etc, because the whole edge is serrated and it doesn't have the protective blunt tip. Just my 2 cents, not trying to facilitate or anything :rolleyes: ;)

Edit: Just checked the specs and the Rescue 3 is actually a hair longer than the Assist and just a bit lighter, but I still say it feels smaller in hand and carries much slimmer :)
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

DougC-3 wrote:
ZMW wrote:I just got a second hand Assist off eBay today, otherwise that deal would look great
I've got a 2nd hand Assist too, which I leave in my vehicle for emergencies. It's a great knife, but I think the Rescue 3 is much better for EDC because it's relatively slim, trim, lighter, smaller in hand, and has a nice choil for choking up. The Rescue 3 is also better for cutting brush, etc, because the whole edge is serrated and it doesn't have the protective blunt tip. Just my 2 cents, not trying to facilitate or anything :rolleyes: ;)

Edit: Just checked the specs and the Rescue 3 is actually a hair longer than the Assist and just a bit lighter, but I still say it feels smaller in hand and carries much slimmer :)
I hear ya! I was getting the assist to keep in my car, I want the carbide breaker - I have used the carbide tip before in some Firefighter training and it works well. But, I sold that one and wanted another for auto/emergency purposes. $90 is a lot to spend for a knife you will never use, but I found one used for $47 - assuming I actually get the knife mailed to me...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZMW wrote: I hear ya! I was getting the assist to keep in my car, I want the carbide breaker - I have used the carbide tip before in some Firefighter training and it works well. But, I sold that one and wanted another for auto/emergency purposes. $90 is a lot to spend for a knife you will never use, but I found one used for $47 - assuming I actually get the knife mailed to me...
That's some kind of a coincidence -- I paid $46 for mine -- the least I've ever paid for a Spyderco.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Amazon has the Dice for 148.00.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bdubs pointed out National Knives has the Green FRN Damascus Delicas for $87 in another thread. Just got one this afternoon :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
rivy

Post by rivy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Bdubs pointed out National Knives has the Green FRN Damascus Delicas for $87 in another thread. Just got one this afternoon :D
Dang, wasn't subscribed to that thread and missed out.
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

Happy Friday:

I'm a recent arrival to the forum and just wanted to share the Caly 3.5 in CF from last weekend's Amazon sale! Very impressed with the knife (1st :spyder: knife) and extremely happy I took some of the other forum members advice. No bites yet! :p

Respectfully,

Me - A Knife and Forum Newbie

Arrival:

Unboxing:

Money Shot:
Last edited by g4nz0 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Nice! Welcome to the forum
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the knife. EDC perfection.... :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

g4nz0,

Welcome to the Forum.
With Caly3.5 became your first Spyderco you are setting up very high standard for following purchases.
Enjoy the knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I'm really enjoying the heft and clean look of the piece. Just this morning I caught myself staring at it. Since my tastes are leading me more towards gentleman's EDC knife, it has proven to be very appropriate.

As to the follow-on purchases, naturally, I find myself salivating over the Gayle Bradley 2 next. Oh boy, this may prove to be a very costly endeavour :eek: .

LV