Russian version of Mili?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
qazy

Russian version of Mili?

Post by qazy »

I was looking at some knives from Russian makers and could not not notice this one. By the shape it immediately reminded me of the Military. It's not a clone since it quite different. But I think it was definitely inspired by.
Its from ELMAX HRC 62, blade length 110mm and closed length 140mm, weight 141gr, g10 and "Axis type lock". All in all for whooping $315!
I found it quite intresting....
bearfacedkiller

Re: Russian version of Mili?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A Spyderco blade and an axis lock? :rolleyes:
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

In Mother Russia, pattents and trademarks steal you!
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It looks like a Police 4 with an Axis lock.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Some great knives being made in Russia by the likes of CKF and Shirigorov but this one isn't one of them. Looks more like a rip off of a Ganzo though.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Doc Dan wrote:It looks like a Police 4 with an Axis lock.
Police 4/Griptilian hybrid. Bred for its skills in magic.
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

Nope. Just nope.
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

It's the knife of the master Alexander Cheburkov.
http://cheburkov.com/katalog/
He makes quality knives, but the class perhaps is lower than Shirogorov. Cheburkov participates in all famous Russian knife exhibitions and is well known in Russia. The knife on the picture is called "Raven" ("Ворон"), it has been done for a long time in different versions.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Handle looks Pro-Tech like.
qazy

Post by qazy »

DerRock wrote:It's the knife of the master Alexander Cheburkov.
http://cheburkov.com/katalog/
He makes quality knives, but the class perhaps is lower than Shirogorov. Cheburkov participates in all famous Russian knife exhibitions and is well known in Russia. The knife on the picture is called "Raven" ("Ворон"), it has been done for a long time in different versions.
Yes, it is. I did not want to make any "advertisement" of a competition product especially since its probably under a trademark violation. I did not have any doubt that the knife is of a good quality, does no mean it is not a curiosity still.

P.S. If I had that money radially available, I would buy one. I mean, comon - a Spidy made in Russia!!! :)
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

Here is another Military russian edition :)

This was done by Shirogorov. Not always Shirogorov knives were beautiful :D No, he did not forge Military, it was made in a single copy at the dawn of his production.
qazy wrote: Yes, it is. I did not want to make any "advertisement" of a competition product especially since its probably under a trademark violation. I did not have any doubt that the knife is of a good quality, does no mean it is not a curiosity still.
These are such "childhood illnesses" of many russian producers, and not only russian ones. Until they enter the world market and do not start taking their production seriously, there are a lot of borrowings in their products. Spyderco is one of the main "trendsetters" in the knife world and, of course, the object of imitation of beginners.