5 Spydercos I have never regretted buying

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

5 Spydercos I have never regretted buying

Post by Doc Dan »

I have 5 Spydercos that I am especially fond of and have not regretted buying. That is not to say I regretted any of the many others, but these are my favorites

Here they are in no particular order: Manix 2 BL, Delica, Urban LW K390, Dragonfly, Military.

I would (and have) buy duplicates of any of these.

What about you all. What top five do you have that you do not regret in the least?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
jmh58

Re: 5 Spydercos I have never regretted buying

Post by jmh58 »

Delica, Chappral, Pingo, CF Balance, Cat.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Delica. I have 7 :eek: :D
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

Slysz Bowie, Delica, Dragonfly, M4 PM2, and Ladybug.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
FK

Post by FK »

Military, PM2, Delica, Stretch, Endura

Regards,
FK
Last edited by FK on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GBRookie

Post by GBRookie »

Rookie G10
GB1
GB2
Chaparral
Sprig
benben

Post by benben »

Wegner Jr.
Orange Urban wharncliffe
Manix LW S110V
Superleaf
Dragonfly ZDP
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

1st generation Delica that got me into modern folders
Centofante 3 (and a pre needed replacement)
Caly 3 (ditto) although it took time to grow on me
Memory, initially I regretted it but love it after I gave I the Scotchbrite treatment to get rid of the blue
Enuff Salt that is on my diving harness
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

In no particular order, Millie's, Para's, Mantra, Caly's, Phil Wilson's, and Pacific Salt. I never learned to count. :p
Sirens1

Post by Sirens1 »

Military 51200
Raven 2
Stretch Super Blue
Dragon Fly HAP40
LIL NIL Flash Batch
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yo2
Hap40 Delica
Hap40 manbug
RWL 34 mule
Ctsxhp m2 lw
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

I've only owned five and I like them all very much. I'd buy each again, for sure, although I don't yet have enough experience with my Manix 2 XL S30V to say that assertion is unequivocal. In alphabetical order:

Caly 3.5 - Lots of blade in the smallest possible package. Great EDC where discretion is necessary but so is a substantial piece of steel.

Dragonfly 2 - Easy to carry, big on utility. Everybody should own one.

Manix 2 XL - Big, burly camp knife. It'll handle anything you might want to handle with a folder.

Para 3 - I love this knife. Extremely capable with superior ergonomics, I don't think there is a better < 3" EDC out there for me. I just wish it came from the factory with either a different clip position or a short, deep- carry clip.
An extra $30 for an aftermarket clip makes it near perfection.

Para Military 2 - My favorite knife. A bit too big for an EDC in an urban environment but great everywhere else. The best ergonomics and great at every task I require of it. Blade shape and handle shape are perfect, IMHO.

The Military and a couple of Slysz designs are up next and also a Delica and Manix 2 LW. The above list might change with those acquisitions.
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
anycal

Post by anycal »

I 'only' have six different models, with no regrets about any of them. If all disappeared, I would only replace three of them, and try something different beyond that - 4 models on my list as of right now.

The three I would have to replace right away:

Military 204P
Paramilitary 2 M390
Native 5
Peter
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

My top 5, in no particular order: Kiwi, Stretch, Chaparral, K05 Small Utility, K08 Santoku.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Pattada
Nilakka
Military
Manix 2
Super Blue, all of them
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
awa54

Post by awa54 »

The only Spydercos that have given me cause to wonder if they were a good purchase or not are a 440C Cat and a sabre grind BD1 UKPK. The rest are keepers without reservation.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Huh. I really love all of my knives and I don't regret any of them in the least. Most of these also have sentimental value, because most of them were for some sort of occasion (birthdays, Xmas, Father's Day, etc.) or a couple were random gifts from the wife. So I'll try, but this is hard.

Delica 4 HAP40: Surprise Xmas present from the wife; keyword is "surprise", which gives it a bit more sentimental value to me. Also, it's a Delica, in my favorite steel.

Dragonfly 2 HAP40: My first Spyderco was the ZDP DF2, and the design hooked me on Spyderco but good. But, I like HAP40 better. Either one could go here really.

Para Military 2 CPM CRU-Wear: It's a PM2, in what is rapidly becoming one of my favorite steels.

Techno: This was my first "nice" Spyderco. I fell in love with it the first time I held one, and lusted after it for a while before my wife bought it for me for Father's Day '15. It's still such a gem to carry, and now that I bought a KME I can really re-profile that edge down and have some fun with that.

Nirvana: This was a hard pick for #5. I managed to not pick any of the birthday knives (DF2 ZDP, Chap, Mantra, Sage 5) and I also could've picked the Sage 4 (which was a random surprise from the wife). But, it's the Nirvana, which makes it special on its own. I really enjoy carrying it, and it's just so nicely done. Also, this is the first one that wasn't a special occasion knife. That's special to me because it was the first one (and what a first one) that I acquired just on its own, for no other reason, and I was able to afford to do so financially. The wife and I are only in the last year to 18 months really getting truly stable financially (we just bought a house a couple of months ago, for example), and it means something to me that I was able to buy a Nirvana of all things just because I wanted it and I could. I bought a CRK Inkosi at Blade this year (thanks again to the wife!) in a similar fashion. You guys probably know of those "you've been pre-approved!" credit card offer letters, and when your credit isn't great like ours wasn't a few years ago, they come with terrible interest rates and no real perks like cash back or whatever. But as your credit improves, those letters improve, and I for one sortof enjoy getting them now for the satisfaction of knowing how far we've come. So too do I get a satisfaction from carrying the Nirvana unrelated to most other reasons for enjoying it.

Sorry for the wall of text. :p
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

• C01 Worker - Purchased it in 1981. It's what started it all for me.
• Caly 3.5
• Manix 2
• Massaad Ayoob Sprint

I list these because they were or are unique to Spyderco and I regard near perfect in design and function. I have many other Spydercos that I highly regard and EDC often, such as the GB2, PM2, Stretch, Pacific Salt to mention a few, but I sometimes wished they had slightly different features/materials/design which I've found on similar knives made by other brands. E.g. Like a flipper, different blade shape or grind, blade angle, etc..
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Native 5 LW
Para 3
Manix 2 Backlock
Manix 2 BBL G10
Endura 4 FFG
Delica 4 Saber Grind, Manix 2 G10, Native 5 LW, Delica 4 FFG, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 Back Lock, Endura 4 FFG, Para 3, Raffir Noble Chaparral... I'm sure more to come.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Pacific Salt (big surprise huh?)
Cruwear Millie
Southfork
Hap40 Stretch
Paramilitary 2 (I have several but can't pick a favorite)