Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by SG89 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:Only the Purple and sandwashed clips and the prybar left
Wow that changed fast!
It's almost like trying to nab a sprint Spydie they go so fast! It's fun :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
LDB

Post by LDB »

When I looked they had all but black. I ordered 3 originals.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:Only the Purple and sandwashed clips and the prybar left
Wow that changed fast!
It's almost like trying to nab a sprint Spydie they go so fast! It's fun :)
When I bought my two sandwashed clips a few months ago Casey Lynch had posted on IG that he had just finished some clips and that they'd be avaiable on BHQ in a few days. I had been trying to buy one for a long time and I was bummed that I wouldn't be free to buy one. Then I saw that the shipment was delayed in the mail and they would likely go up for sale on a day that I would be home. So that morning I logged onto BHQ and searched for "Lynch pocket clip". Then I set my browser to auto-refresh every 20 seconds and waited....and waited.....aaand waited some more. Luckily I had plenty of work to do on the PC. Finally about 2:00 pm the stonewashed clips became available. I waited a few minutes to see if the blue anodized clips would drop (I wanted one blue and one sandwash) but they never did. So I ended up buying two sandwash and was happy to finally have those coming.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vgex

Post by vgex »

Spyderco Hungarian @Amazon for $111. No affiliation.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

vgex wrote:Spyderco Hungarian @Amazon for $111. No affiliation.
Roman speaks the truth... Buy this knife. He talked me into it last time and I'm glad he did.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

abbazaba wrote:
vgex wrote:Spyderco Hungarian @Amazon for $111. No affiliation.
Roman speaks the truth... Buy this knife. He talked me into it last time and I'm glad he did.
I bought this knife last time it was around this price and concur with Roman and abbazaba. This is a real sleeper, in my opinion. Very long blade (and thin too) makes it a great slicer. Ergos work well for me, despite my initial reservations on the bolster. Love the contoured and polished G10 scales. XHP icing on an otherwise wonderful cake. Buy it while you can!! :)
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

In regards to the Lynch NW clips in stock, I decided not to buy any today. I saw that everything but the black clip was in stock, and I had been really wanting a polished one. Alas, I have 3 sandwashed clips awaiting in my knife drawer, and decided to let others have a chance to snatch one up. I even own the little pry bar, its real nifty indeed.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Bdubs808 wrote:In regards to the Lynch NW clips in stock, I decided not to buy any today. I saw that everything but the black clip was in stock, and I had been really wanting a polished one. Alas, I have 3 sandwashed clips awaiting in my knife drawer, and decided to let others have a chance to snatch one up. I even own the little pry bar, its real nifty indeed.
Howdy, I've never purchased a polished one yet I have a few on different knives. A little polishing paste and 5 minutes with a Dremel polishing wheel will get you that exact finish. If you'd like, I'd be happy to do it for you. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

^Wow, thank you radioactive. I have Flitz and a Dremel at home, I'll try out your polishing method.
rivy

Post by rivy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Happy Tuesday all. For those that like Casey Lynch clips and pry bars, BladeHQ is currently showing stock of both with clips available in several colors. You can thank me later. Cheers, Radioactive :)
I'll thank you now! Much appreciated, these things are hard to nab since they sell out so quickly.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Here's a fun one.... We'll see if they ship:
https://slickdeals.net/f/10205320-spyde ... =1&src=pdw
bh49

Post by bh49 »

superdeal, if this is true. Unfortunately no Natives with coupon. I would buy few lady or man bugs, but no these either.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I bought two Delicas. We'll see if the order actually goes through and if I get CE or FFG. The title on the listing said full flat grid, but the description says the edge is partially serrated. Either way, great deals if this actually works.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Thanks abbazaba, those are some crazy prices. It looks like the Spydercos sold out but there are some other blades at huge discounts.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Yeah that was a crazy deal, disappointed that I missed out on all the spydies especially the techno.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I tried to order a pair of PM2s to be used as gifts. My order was not surprisingly canceled.

I hope that some of the orders from forumites are fulfilled!
Last edited by Capt'n Boatsalot on Wed May 31, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would have been all over that Myrtle.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

My order was canceled "due to inventory". Oh well.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would have been all over that Myrtle.
Yeah me too. I do expect (based on observation and speculation) the Myrtle to be discontinued this fall with big discounted pricing. Won't be that cheap of course. I bet it will be 60% off or about $145. Then I'll buy one. Vrango too probably.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I am still able to get the following stuff into my "bag" at J C Penney for 65% off (if you order S100 worth) until midnight tonight (31 May -- don't know what time zone) with code 44FORYOU

Gayle Bradley folder, Manix2 plain edge G-10 (may be hollow ground), CF Sage 1, Native 5 LtWt plain edge, Sharpmaker 204MF, Ontario Rat-3

These would be so cheap you could probably resell or swap them and come out ahead, but I'm going to pass and save my money for a Shaman :p

Edit: PS: Roman, you might want to give the LtWt Natives as gifts -- $35 each is not bad.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.