Yoohoo - got a new 8Mpixel digicam

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ted

Yoohoo - got a new 8Mpixel digicam

Post by Ted »

Have been looking for a long time, but finally got myself an 8Megapixel camera. It's the Olympus C8080. All reviews are raving about this model. I dont' have much time but took a few quick shots. The color of the lil-temp is a bit off, but I need to dig in the white-balance settings to get the right colors. Many many more will follow later.. :D :D

Jur, now we can finally take some decent pics of your collection!

Ted
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Ted - Yeah, you're right. You just don't let things simmer, do you? Just last week you tell me that you need a new camera and... Right on, here it is and what a quality snap shot box it is....
Beautiful, crisp pictures you show us here. I just can't wait for our next photo shoot. We'll be in touch and in the mean time get that white balance thing sorted out please..... :p
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

BTW Ted - where did the "old" camera go??? Can we talk????
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

WOW, nice camera!
Congrats on your new photon-wrangler.

Color me jealous.
-Rorschach :][: RHOS
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Does that camera have a manual focus on it? If not, how did you focus on web? Did you just estimate and lock distance on a "hard" object? What media does that camera use? Great :spyder: pics! Can't wait for more. :)
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

That is an excellent choice, Ted!
I own the C5060WZ, the predecessor of the C8080, and both are very good cameras. But I guess it will take some time to learn all the controls and functions to push the camera to its limits.

Shiden
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Great pictures Ted, enjoy your new toy! Hope you don't mind, I grabbed a copy of the spider web to use as wallpaper.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ted

Post by Ted »

spyderknut wrote:Does that camera have a manual focus on it? If not, how did you focus on web? Did you just estimate and lock distance on a "hard" object? What media does that camera use? Great :spyder: pics! Can't wait for more. :)
spyderknut, this was done with auto-focus (I was surprised also that it could focus). But the camera can do manual focus also. The camera has two media slots, compact flash and XD-cards.

Here's a new Lil temp, with better color and exposure.

severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

Ted

Post by Ted »

Humm, first overall negatieve review I've read. But, it's mostly focussed on the controls of the camera, not it's picture quality.
And, if you read carefully, it says the Olympus has excellent picture quality, and near perfect color tones, but still the reviewer prefers the Sony F-828.
Other popular review sites (DPreview, Steves-Digicams) rate the Olympus higher then the 8Mp Minolta/Nikon/Sony/Canon competitors. The Olympus also had the best battery life of all these digicams.
The menu interface and system is indeed a bit odd, but is very flexible once you get to know it.
And, a menu interface doesn't take pictures...that's done by the lens, shutter, aperture and CCD. And those do it very well in the Olympus.

Ted
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

tsjeeeez 8 megapixels? I'm still trying to find a proper use for my 5mp Sony camera!

Great pix, and congratulations with your new snapshot box!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram