C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bpahk

Re: C152RN Raffir Noble Chaparral Showcase...POST YOURS UP!!!

Post by bpahk »

RenderedContent-FA3DB9F2-878F-4B71-86A4-6B03C920E18A.JPG
RenderedContent-B8B9045A-6CE7-483B-A3F3-D76423A832BE.JPG
I'm pretty happy with the scales I got
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Heh.. I figured this would be a popular one.. SO, When I saw it listed in stock on my local online purveyor, went to order, by the time I had filled out my order it was out of stock, sold out in about 10 minutes flat...
Guess I'll wait until he gets the next shipment in..
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
SpaceInvader

Post by SpaceInvader »

c01.jpg
c04.jpg
With some it seems you could view them in the same way one can look at clouds and let your imagination run. On one side I can see a spider (logo) coming out of his lair, which is shown like an transparent ant farm display. Haven't come up with anything for the other side yet. I think I prefer the less-busy side.

-Rick
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Really nice looking scales.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Well, I wish I could say that I really like the pattern on mine, but unfortunately I don't. :( I don't "hate" it but I've seen some others that were fantastic.

The presentation side only has a few ribbons in it, and is mostly the smoke acrylic. A bit more disheartening was the decent scratch on that scale located beneath the hidden frame screw (midway between the pivot screw and dent; that part of the scale isn't too well in focus in this pic). Oh well, I'll likely try to snag another to get a better (and hopefully not pre-scratched) show side. OTOH, I very much like the clip side. :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

This is the one Rob at National Knives picked out for me. Rob couldn't have been more accommodating in my efforts to avoid one I would be disappointed with. While this is not the best example I've seen it's not the worst either and it's alllll mine! Now the hard part...waiting for it to arrive!
017 wrote:Rob at National Knives will almost certainly do this.
Thanks for the recommendation 017!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Overall I am happy with mine. It's unique and different then anyone else's.
Josh
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It looks like I will pass on this knife, unless I will have an opportunity to see and like it before I buy. Totally hate to see liners holes through scales.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
paladin

Post by paladin »

Nice...KEEP EM COMING!!!
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
SpaceInvader

Post by SpaceInvader »

c04a.jpg
On further examination of my opposite scale, sitting in a tree there's a pointy-nosed animal with big green ears and black eyes. No I haven't been smoking anything in case you're wondering.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Speaking solely based on mine, I find the knife looks much nicer inside, out of the light, than it does outside. Outside, it looks unpleasing to me, especially on the on clip side, as you can see all of the liner and milled holes in the liner. I guess it all comes down to the pattern you get on your particular unit. The more I look at mine, it looks like 2-different knives, as you look at each side.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

this_is_nascar wrote:Speaking solely based on mine, I find the knife looks much nicer inside, out of the light, than it does outside. Outside, it looks unpleasing to me, especially on the on clip side, as you can see all of the liner and milled holes in the liner. I guess it all comes down to the pattern you get on your particular unit. The more I look at mine, it looks like 2-different knives, as you look at each side.
Guess there are folks who like that look, based on the success of the transparent FRCP Manix Lightweight. However, like you, I'm not one of them. And, unfortunately, the Chaparral's design, with "internal" screws recessed into the scales would probably make adding a thin spacer under the scales less than fully successful at covering those things up. Beginning to wonder if something as simple as applying a coat of silver or gold paint to the inner surface of the scales would do the trick.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

All these pics make me wonder how the knife would look with Raffir Uranium or Blue Uranium...
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

flasharry wrote:All these pics make me wonder how the knife would look with Raffir Uranium or Blue Uranium...
Glow in the dark is always cool.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Today I received my Raffir Noble Chaparral from Blade HQ. I'm very pleased with the wire mesh patterns in the scales. The only area that had less mesh was nicely hidden by the pocket clip. Also, if I hadn't been specifically feeling for wire mesh protruding from the scales, I would have never noticed the two very small spots where the wire is at the surface. I'm pleased with this small folder.
IMG_20170519_120613.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20170519_120737.jpg
Delica 4 Saber Grind, Manix 2 G10, Native 5 LW, Delica 4 FFG, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 Back Lock, Endura 4 FFG, Para 3, Raffir Noble Chaparral... I'm sure more to come.
dc50

Post by dc50 »

Good to hear,someone is pleased with their purchase.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I want one.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

I guess someone could buy a cheaper version and have a a pimper make new bookmatched scales with a block that you buy and approve of yourself...
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
jstrange

Post by jstrange »

I like the one I got for my wife and she does too. The scales both look nice but are totally different. Such is the nature of the beast. I can't wait for the FRN version now.
:spyder: jstrange
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

http://raffir.com/raffir-materials/raff ... -heatwave/

This material looks like fun too....Heat colour changing (Yes, I admit- I think anything that either changes colour or glows in the dark is beyond cool!)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/