Would you like to see the Dragonfly 2 offered in all the current colors the Delica 4 and Endura 4 are offered in?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

DF2 offered in same colors as D4 and E4?

Yes
83%
No
4%
Other: please comment below
13%

Total votes: 47

SG89

Would you like to see the Dragonfly 2 offered in all the current colors the Delica 4 and Endura 4 are offered in?

Post by SG89 »

I voted yes because duh
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ZrowsN1s

Re: Would you like to see the Dragonfly 2 offered in all the current colors the Delica 4 and Endura 4 are offered in?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Most definitely. They should make the DFly in every Steel in the catalog too! :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Evil D

Re: Would you like to see the Dragonfly 2 offered in all the current colors the Delica 4 and Endura 4 are offered in?

Post by Evil D »

I recall you recently pledged to pull back on purchasing so I've gotta vote no just to support your sobriety ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Evil D wrote:I recall you recently pledged to pull back on purchasing so I've gotta vote no just to support your sobriety ;)
Oh dang I need an intervention :o
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

I wish there were more colors across all the FRN/FRCP offerings.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I would like to see a Dragonfly in anything Zome with the leftover K390. ;)
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

Yes! But I would like the Delica 4 blue to be reserved for the Dragonfly 2 in LC200N plain edge.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yes, of course! I don't see why they aren't offered already!
-Nick :bug-red
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I voted other, but it would be nice in all the colors, but I'd really like blue jean blue, like the 110Vs.
- best wishes, Jazz.
attila

Post by attila »

We need more steels more than we need more colors, in my opinion.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

"Other" for me. I don't care much about handle color but I'm certainly not against the idea.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Other for me too.

I'm not sure about all the Delica/Endura colors but I'd probably be in for a bright red DF and maybe even the blue that was used on the early ZDP Delica & Stretch (like jazz described above).
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd rather see a DF2 in Maxamet than any number of different handle colors. :)

But if that's not an option, then yes, please. I have 4 Dragonflies, and I've gifted at least 5 more, and having more color choices would be appreciated.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Seeing we are unlikely to see more Kopas, rather than more FRN, I'd prefer to see inlays in the stainless Dragonfly.

IcemanUSA

Post by IcemanUSA »

I would like to see a blue DF2 in Superblue.
//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=74422
Stay Frosty :spyder:
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

I would like to see DLC blades offered on the DF2...

Black FRN On Black (blade)
Orange FRN on Black (blade)
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

I would like to see a more reasonably priced DF2.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

OakTree wrote:I would like to see a more reasonably priced DF2.
How much less expensive can it get? It's already only $55. If you want it to be any lower, you'll have to start compromising somewhere. The answer, then, would be something like the Byrd Robin 2. Compromises: blade steel, clip (your preference may vary, but I think the wire clip is better on a knife this size), weight, opening method (SpyderHole > Byrd Comet), manufacturing quality. Also, in my opinion, the DF2 is a better design, both in terms of ergonomics and aesthetics.

So where would you start in changing the DF2 that doesn't make it a Robin?
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

dplafoll wrote:So where would you start in changing the DF2 that doesn't make it a Robin?
I'd lower the profit margin.