Official Petition for a Premium Tenacious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a higher end Tenacious?

Absolutely!
56%
Nope, I'm fine with 8Cr13Mov/China
44%

Total votes: 102

Afterman

Re: Official Petition for a Premium Tenacious

Post by Afterman »

It's one of my favorite Spyderco designs. A smooth liner lock, 4 way carry, open pillar construction, and the blade all the way to the handle.
rivy

Post by rivy »

I'd love a premium tenacious. Doesn't need to be crazy super steel, but an upgrade to steel and handle material would be a great sprint run.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

David and others: Would you consider the upcoming Spyderco Pole Star to be sortof a fit for a premium Tenacious? It is American made from what I read and uses the new CTS BD1 Stainless Steel and has a G10 handle.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... estar/1023

Oh I just read where sal mentioned the Pole Star. It looks like an excellent folder.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:David and others: Would you consider the upcoming Spyderco Pole Star to be sortof a fit for a premium Tenacious? It is American made from what I read and uses the new CTS BD1 Stainless Steel and has a G10 handle.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... estar/1023

Oh I just read where sal mentioned the Pole Star. It looks like an excellent folder.
The Polestar is nice, and can be considered an improved Tenacious, it is made in the same factory as the Byrd Raven though.. Also i prefer the Raven due to the choil.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Just placed an order for the blue Tenacious with CPM S35VN
kobold

Post by kobold »

elena86 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 pm
AEB-L steel is the winning formula

Marius
On another forum, they were discussing the Tenacious and in the end the consensus was that although there is no spydie-hole, the Real Steel Terra Carbon Fiber in 14C28N was better for less money.
I should add, that I don't have a Tenacious, nor a Terra, but AFAIK the Terra is on ball-bearings and the Tena is on PB, which I prefer.

Still, something to think about.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Well, I don’t think the country of origin is gonna change any time soon because it’s one of the higher-value designs. There are several Japan, Taiwan, and US-produced models in the same size category to choose from.

They did just release an S35VN model though, not sure if you’re aware of that.

From all I’ve heard they’re of excellent quality regardless of the steel or handle material.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N