KW Excl: Mil CF/Ti R.I.L. S90V = Mid May?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: KW Excl: Mil CF/Ti R.I.L. S90V = Mid May?!

Post by Evil D »

ohcyclist wrote:A lot less comments here than I would have expected given this dropped today. Any idea how well these are selling. I get worried when dealer exclusives move slow as it may deter future special models.

I just can't pay that much more for a heavier frame lock, and I even love Ti. I'm also not hurting for another Military and I'm still saving my pennies for some of the new models that haven't dropped yet.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I ordered. I don't have much of a use for it ATM, but I know this is probably the most preferred combination for me. It'll be a nice compliment to the CF M390 that was out a little while back.
-Woodsman-

Post by -Woodsman- »

I ordered one of these and cannot wait to get it. My EDC is a DLC Military. I think the Military is one of the best folders Spyderco has produced to this date. I think the combination of Ti/S90V and Carbon Fiber is actually a great value at the price these are selling for considering the upgrades you are getting in materials used. I noticed The weight listed for the Military CF/Ti is advertised as 4.7 oz. The weight of a standard Military is 4.5 oz. I am glad Spyderco was able to keep the weight in the same ballpark range as the standard Military.
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

Never been super fond of the Military. Owned one about 5 years ago (black blade, camo G10) but traded it right away. Not sure why, just didn't warm up to it. Then I saw the previous Ti/G10 exclusive with M4 and really liked that combination. So, as soon as KW put this up on their page I subscribed for a notice of availability (which I feel was at least a year or more ago). It popped up and I purchased it no hesitation. Excited to get this one in hand and give this model another shot!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

****, just woke up rubbing my hands together like a greedy little housefly!
Come on post man!
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Mailman just delivered it. It's surprisingly light-about the same weight as my regular smurf-blue S90V millie. The usual high quality Spydie fit and finish applies. The grind is rough, but very even-will polish it up later. I think I will get a second in a few months, if it's still available, as a spare.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Just got mine as well. Very nice. I like it with the CQI changes.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Lookin good, how's the centering and grinds? Mine probably won't be here until Monday, always takes 4-5 days for usps to get packages to me up here.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

Just got mine too. PERFECT specimen of a Military. Centered, perfect edge grinds, smooth, and strong detent on this one.

WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Way better pictures than mine :D Overall I'm glad I got one. They are really dialed in.
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

WireEdge Roger wrote:Way better pictures than mine :D Overall I'm glad I got one. They are really dialed in.
Yes, they are dialed in and the CQI made this one perfect!
anycal

Post by anycal »

Yep, I knew opening this thread would be torture. Going to sleep on it... over the weekend.

Please, stop posting pictures; I mean, post more picures. Seriously, stop. Don't...
Peter
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I am mildly disappointed. Beautiful? Check. Centered? Check. Blade grind and sharpness? Check. But, and this I a peeve of mine, lockup is at 70% out of the box. Might not bother many but I don't like lockup past 50% brand new. Mulling what to do.

Not very smooth compared to my others but I think that is a combo of tight pivot which I need to loosen and a strong detent.

I will either return or sell or live with it. Gonna sit on it over the weekend and see how I feel.

Georgous knife though. Best looking of my five Millies.
chrisjohn

Post by chrisjohn »

Perfect. I've had some permutation of the military since the introduction in 1996, when I was active duty, and this will likely be my favorite even though I do favor the old forum knife with the pearl spyder inlay.

Knives like this one negate the necessity or desire for custom folders, at least for me.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Super excited now, just checked shipping and it looks like mine will be here tomorrow instead of Monday..YES :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

This one is a must have! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bchan

Post by bchan »

[quote="WireEdge Roger"]Just got mine as well. Very nice. I like it with the CQI changes.

Can someone enlighten me what CQI changes have been incorporated in this model? Thanks.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Stepped stop pin, rounded pocket clip, larger hardware, new pivot, standoffs instead of a backspacer, larger lanyard tube. I could be wrong, but I think they are thinner ground. I've noticed this with the 204P, 52100 and S110V models. I haven't examined a M4 version yet.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Decided to return mine. Can't live with such late lockup. What a shame. Now, I need to decide to try another and hope nothing wrong with it or just return it and forget about trying another. So disappointed I am leaning toward forgetting about it. Knew after it shipped I should have asked them to check lockup and centering before shipping.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I'm thinking most of them are at about 50% lockup from what I've been reading. That's how mine came too.