Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
William

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by William »

Ordered a Ladybug and Sharpmaker kit. Great deals
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am shocked that nobody picked-up Centofante3. After 20% off it is just a hair over $50.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

bh49 wrote:I am shocked that nobody picked-up Centofante3. After 20% off it is just a hair over $50.
I've always been on the fence with the centofante 3...sale me on it..:)
Josh
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

It's a spyderco. There, sold.
cpl

Post by cpl »

I was naughty and snapped up a Nilakka and Sage 2, in addition to my previous order. :spyder:
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Used that coupon again but got a Techno hehe:)
Josh
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Picked up a pair of Sharpmaker diamond rods for $38.38 w/free S&H. Not bad. By the way, today's the last day. (eBay PERFECTSTART coupon, unitedoutdoors)

I'd certainly snap up that British Racing Green ZDP-189 Endura if I didn't already have one -- $72.87, I believe -- that's a real steal for a great Spyderco classic. I'm pretty sure the one they're selling is the full flat grind -- they show pictures of it as well as the older saber grind.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

murphjd25 wrote:
bh49 wrote:I am shocked that nobody picked-up Centofante3. After 20% off it is just a hair over $50.
1. 2 mm think blade makes it one of the best slicers in Spyderco Line-up.
2. Great ergos
3. Good looking blade
4. Silver bug
5. Centofante
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

murphjd25 wrote:
It's one of the best kept secrets in the catalog. I never understood how it doesn't sell like hotcakes (or maybe it does since it's still around). Roman pretty much summed it up but I'll add that I like it 100% more than the Delica, it's also one of the only 2mm options you can get. The ergos are better because it doesn't have any finger grooves to force you into a particular grip (or in my case for my fingers to land right on top of).

If that's not enough let me nerd out for a second. The palladium bug is just icing on the cake... palladium is the same metal Tony Stark used to make the Arc Reactor that powers the Iron Man suit so if Iron Man were to carry a Spyderco it would definitely be this one ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

I had been mulling it over and decided to pull the trigger on it. Also, I got it for $48 shipped (seller had it listed as best offer so I offered him $60 and he accepted) :D
Hgwxx7

Post by Hgwxx7 »

Wright.88 wrote: I had been mulling it over and decided to pull the trigger on it. Also, I got it for $48 shipped (seller had it listed as best offer so I offered him $60 and he accepted) :D
Should have thought of that!!! Good on ya though. I think I paid $52. Picked up a ZDP Delica and Ladybug H1 hawkbill as well as the Cent on my 2nd coupon.
Stay Golden :spyder:
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Wright.88 wrote:
I had been mulling it over and decided to pull the trigger on it. Also, I got it for $48 shipped (seller had it listed as best offer so I offered him $60 and he accepted) :D
I was wondering if it was possible to other make an offer and use the coupon. Was considering making an offer on a Chubby to get the final price in line with what BHQ was closing them out at ($130). We'll see if I decide to go this route though. Chubby has never been quite interested enough to me to pull the trigger.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Thanks for the heads up. I used the coupon for an extra pair of binoculars.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a deal on a Pattada
I got to handle one at Smokey Mountain Knifeworks recently. And, wow, what a knife...
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:I was wondering if it was possible to other make an offer and use the coupon. Was considering making an offer on a Chubby to get the final price in line with what BHQ was closing them out at ($130). We'll see if I decide to go this route though. Chubby has never been quite interested enough to me to pull the trigger.
Yes you can do that. Unitedoutdoors typically won't knock off too much but you can save a few bucks this way. Since this coupon expires today there's no time left for a best offer.
Sully

Post by Sully »

bh49 wrote:Not a crazy deal, but there is coupon code for 20% off on items over $25 on e-bay. "PERFECTSTART" it is expired on 5/4/2017. It was posted on groupon
Just got my order in for a Dragonfly2 in H1. Been wanting one for awhile, just adverse to paying full price. It jumped from $41 to $45 as I foolishly debated, serves me right. Also the PM2 LH!!! has to take priority in my blatantly biased world. Anyway, I wouldn't have my first H1 blade on the way if not for your heads up, Roman. So thanks!

Can't wait to get it in my bathing suit pocket and get out there in the waves surfcasting.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

The only thing I found a need for was the SpyderPac small and saved a few bucks on it. My safe Queens will go in that and then into the safe. Thanks for tip!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

The brown Endura 4 lightweight I ordered arrived today. It's my first Endura. It's bigger than I imagined but it's very light for its size. The blade is a little off center but not touching the scales. It came very sharp just like my lefty PM2. I was impressed with the sharpness out of the box on both of them. I'll have even more trouble trying to decide what to carry each day with these two around.
jdw

Post by jdw »

fanglekai wrote:The brown Endura 4 lightweight I ordered arrived today. It's my first Endura. It's bigger than I imagined but it's very light for its size. The blade is a little off center but not touching the scales. It came very sharp just like my lefty PM2. I was impressed with the sharpness out of the box on both of them. I'll have even more trouble trying to decide what to carry each day with these two around.
Welcome to the Endura fan club! I am in the minority on the board but I prefer the Endura to the PM2. Once you get hooked on the Endura pick up a ZDP version. You won't be disappointed.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
setldown

Post by setldown »

Amazon has Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber ZDP-189 for 102.99 .........doubt this will last long but I was able to snag one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089 ... UTF8&psc=1