Tweakers got me good today

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Tweakers got me good today

Post by murphjd25 »

Broke into my work van and cleaned me out. Happy Monday everyone.
Josh
farnorthdan

Re: Tweakers got me good today

Post by farnorthdan »

Oh crap Josh, that blows, does insurance cover it, what'd they get, the dirty bastids.... :mad:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I'm going to have to see if my personal insurance will cover it because our company policy does not cover any of that at work...if your van gets broke into it's on you type of thing..

As far as tools they took all my personal tools, 3 meters, drills, impacts, batteries, torches, etc..I could go on. Nothing that was the companies but of course They only took my personal tools.

Cops even called me back and said they weren't going to be able to get a cop out for at least a few hours, so I just left. Back to the drawing board, nothing like starting over years worth of accumulating tools. :mad:
Josh
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sorry Josh. May the dirtbags get their cosmic retribution.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Thieves! they ruin everything and then the run for congress.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
awa54

Post by awa54 »

****, that blows! are you a subcontractor? I mean seriously, a business that makes their employees responsible for vehicle insurance on a company van sounds like a raw deal.

Having to replace tools is a bummer, but having to do it because some scumbag stole them is much worse...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I'm just a hvac service technician, we have insurance on the vans but for whatever reason they won't cover anything inside it, i.e. all your personal stuff, kind of dumb. I talked to my personal insurance and they won't help unless you have a underwriters because it is a "commercial" vehicle. Sucks so bad, I haven't slept all week and I'm still angry, but I got to let it go, **** happens Murphy's law. The theives will get what's coming to them someday, karma is a *****. I'm just thankful I have a good career where I have a nice savings and I can replace everything, even though I definitely would have rather not had to do that. If only I could carry my ccw at work, that'd be great(company policy not worth losing my job). Now I carry 3 spydies and put a 230 million volt stun gun in my tool bag. May god have pity on there souls. :mad:
Josh
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

Back in the day, your horse was your tool, and they knew how to deal with horse thieves back then.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Definitely sucks! Check local pawn shops and Craig's list maybe some will turn up :mad:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Dang Josh!!! Sorry to read this! Hope the thieves get what they deserve!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

It's not the loss of property that sends us into a homicidal rage. It's the disrespect.

Renters or homeowners insurance may cover the theft of the tools. Worth looking into.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

just found out today homeowners is going to pay for half, a little helps. Well I'm off to Home Depot to spend some more money..
Josh
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That's great. My wife's uncle painted his tools yellow to discourage thieves.
While you are at Home Depot, maybe pick up some pink paint.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

murphjd25 wrote:just found out today homeowners is going to pay for half, a little helps. Well I'm off to Home Depot to spend some more money..
That's great news Josh, working man needs his tools so he can pay his taxes to help support them deadbeats out there.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

farnorthdan wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:just found out today homeowners is going to pay for half, a little helps. Well I'm off to Home Depot to spend some more money..
That's great news Josh, working man needs his tools so he can pay his taxes to help support them deadbeats out there.
I wouldn't have it any other way! You know they've never worked a day in there life!
Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think that is bogus. I bet your employer has the van fully covered including contents but just doesn't want to file a claim. I am glad your personal insurance is covering some of it. I HATE thieves...
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

It is customary for employers to require employees who are mechanics to provide their own tools. The alternative is to have a property room where technicians have to sign out and sign in tools. Some companies use a combination of the two methods with mechanics providing their own basic hand tools and the specialized factory tools and electronic devices are issued separately. Otherwise, tools evaporate.
hubbabubba

Post by hubbabubba »

The "business" probably does not have the van's contents insured.
I had to purchase an "Inland Marine" policy to cover mine.
A full inventory was required.Also,purchase invoices were required
if submitting a claim.And,updating the inventory list,should additional
tools be purchased,was required
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I've got a few buddies that work for union shops, and all of there tools are supplied. Must be nice! Hopefully this is the first and last time this happens. Can't afford to replace all your tools all the time. I'd go to a union shop but I make way more then they ever will, kind of funny, unions aren't always as good as everyone thinks they are. Thanks for all your kind words everyone, I've replaced everything that was stolen as of today, now I'll wait to see how long I get reimbursed for some..
Josh
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Sorry to hear that your tools were stolen. Glad you were able to replace all of your tools as of today. Tools are such wonderful things and it's a shame when they're stolen or when someone who borrows them and breaks and/or ruins them.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!