First Sprint Run for the Para 3 ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which steel would you like to see in the first Para 3 Sprint Run?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

XHP
19%
s90v
15%
10v
7%
7%
M4
27%
k390
24%
cast 440C
No votes
D2
3%

Total votes: 75

RamZar

Re: First Sprint Run for the Para 3 ?

Post by RamZar »

TALON52 wrote:Cruwear for me too, I went with the M390.
There's no M390 option in the poll. Perhaps you voted for K390?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

^^^^ wishful thinking!
USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

TALON52 wrote:^^^^ wishful thinking!
I see. Like my M390/204P/20CV choice although I did not vote since that option isn't there.

Time for a revised poll! :)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
sm32589g

Post by sm32589g »

M390, or Super Blue. And take away the lanyard hole.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'll take s110v and Maxamet as standard production.

Sprints? XHP, Cruwear, M390, 20cv...Anything will do.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Freediver wrote:
RamZar wrote:M390/204P/20CV with CF.
I'm with this guy. I would love one in m390 with CF scales. My original one should be delivered here within the next day or so and I can hardly wait.
I'm in with these guys, the 204P with the CF scales would be great, easy on the pockets. Or one to match the Knifeworks exclusive Millie/Para. Roger, are you listening?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Deleted, dupe post. Sorry bout that.
Last edited by Tdog on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

RamZar wrote:M390/204P/20CV with CF.
Another vote for this ^^^^
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
sm32589g

Post by sm32589g »

Has there been any real talk about a sprint? Or is this pure window shopping speculation?
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

Northglenn500 wrote:Since the Para 3's are hitting the shelves, and everyone seems pretty happy with them, I thought it'd be fun to see what you guys think should be the first Sprint Run. I only picked 9 steels, and I'm sure I left out someone's favorite, but I tried to pick some interesting ones. What do you guys think?
Please, Sal, please don't waste any steel on this meme-knife. That's what the mini para is, a meme. It was meme'd into existence by forum hype. A 3 fingered military makes zero sense outside of pocket jewelry, especially when the Native exists. Send future sprints to us Manix guys.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I need some more cruwear, I'm in love with this steel right now.
Josh
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Please, Sal, please don't waste any steel on this meme-knife. That's what the mini para is, a meme. It was meme'd into existence by forum hype. A 3 fingered military makes zero sense outside of pocket jewelry, especially when the Native exists. Send future sprints to us Manix guys.
Can you explain what you mean when you call the Para 3 a "meme knife" and how it was "meme'd into existence?"

Also, the Para 3 isn't exactly a 3 fingered military if that's what you're inferring. :rolleyes:
-Nick :bug-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

tripscheck'em wrote:
Northglenn500 wrote:Since the Para 3's are hitting the shelves, and everyone seems pretty happy with them, I thought it'd be fun to see what you guys think should be the first Sprint Run. I only picked 9 steels, and I'm sure I left out someone's favorite, but I tried to pick some interesting ones. What do you guys think?
You "Manix guys" had enough sprints so far :(

Marius
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

I just want to see a DLC variant...
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

wolfgaze wrote:I just want to see a DLC variant...
Me too.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Orange XHP would be sweet
^^ That
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Mushroom wrote:
tripscheck'em wrote:Please, Sal, please don't waste any steel on this meme-knife. That's what the mini para is, a meme. It was meme'd into existence by forum hype. A 3 fingered military makes zero sense outside of pocket jewelry, especially when the Native exists. Send future sprints to us Manix guys.
Can you explain what you mean when you call the Para 3 a "meme knife" and how it was "meme'd into existence?"
Meme magic is real! Praise Kek! :D ;)

Not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain the first sprint run of this knife has already been commissioned by BHQ, it will be M4 steel and Jade G-10. Really looking forward to this knife and I thank my fellow forum dwellers who have summoned it into existence through memetic shaman rituals, this knife is destine to be one of my favorite EDC's.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

tripscheck'em wrote:
Nice try. By this logic, the Paramilitary is a meme knife too. Who needs a Military "lite" when you can just have a Military, right? While I agree that the Native 5 and PM3 have a great deal of overlap, I think forum demand has sparked some great designs. ****, Spyderco's attention to the forums is at least half of why I am so brand loyal.
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

RamZar wrote:
TALON52 wrote:^^^^ wishful thinking!
I see. Like my M390/204P/20CV choice although I did not vote since that option isn't there.

Time for a revised poll! :)
^^^^^^^This.^^^^^^^ I will buy one if one of these happens. Kind of my "dream EDC" at the moment. I'd prefer G10 to CF, as well.

I also wouldn't mind a LW version with S110V and (gasp) dark blue FRN. Para 3 LW: Bringing the Military to the masses. :D
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
Woodibly

Post by Woodibly »

wolfgaze wrote:I just want to see a DLC variant...
Looks like C223GPBK will be that variant!