Manix 2 Back Lock – I Got Mine!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Igloo

Manix 2 Back Lock – I Got Mine!

Post by Igloo »

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I received the Manix 2 Back Lock from Blade HQ today. The fit and finish is excellent. The G10 scales have a very fine texture. I don't have access to a scale; but, to me the new back lock Manix 2 is lighter than the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. Also, the G10 scales and the blade stock is thicker than on the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. I've attached some pictures. Sorry for the cell phone picture quality.
–– EDITED TO ADD ––
I forgot to mention that the new back lock Manix 2 does not have stainless steel liners.
Attachments
IMG_20170411_115251.jpg
IMG_20170411_115317.jpg
IMG_20170411_120433.jpg
IMG_20170411_120552.jpg
IMG_20170411_120259 2.jpg
Last edited by Igloo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delica 4 Saber Grind, Manix 2 G10, Native 5 LW, Delica 4 FFG, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 Back Lock, Endura 4 FFG, Para 3, Raffir Noble Chaparral... I'm sure more to come.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Manix 2 Back Lock – I Got Mine!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Igloo wrote:I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I received the Manix 2 Back Lock from Blade HQ today. The fit and finish is excellent. The G10 scales have a very fine texture. I don't have access to a scale; but, to me the new back lock Manix 2 is lighter than the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. Also, the G10 scales and the blade stock is thicker than on the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. I've attached some pictures. Sorry for the cell phone picture quality.
Awesome looking knife. Welcome to the forum :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Welcome and thanks for the pics!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Thanks for the pics. I ordered from gpknives today!!!!! Very excited for this!!!!!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Very nice! I'm really interested, but I'd be thrilled if it was thinner G-10 and thinner blade stock. I guess I'm after a Manix 2 G-10 Lightweight Backlock. I'll probably try this one out, though.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Very nice!
WireEdge Roger wrote:Very nice! I'm really interested, but I'd be thrilled if it was thinner G-10 and thinner blade stock. I guess I'm after a Manix 2 G-10 Lightweight Backlock. I'll probably try this one out, though.
Agreed!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum. Still undecided on this one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

abbazaba wrote:Very nice!
WireEdge Roger wrote:Very nice! I'm really interested, but I'd be thrilled if it was thinner G-10 and thinner blade stock. I guess I'm after a Manix 2 G-10 Lightweight Backlock. I'll probably try this one out, though.
Agreed!
Agreedx2
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would have also liked thinner stock but I always say that about every knife.

It looks like this Manix lacks the superfluous jimping of the standard G10 Manix2. If so I really, really like that.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Igloo wrote:I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I received the Manix 2 Back Lock from Blade HQ today. The fit and finish is excellent. The G10 scales have a very fine texture. I don't have access to a scale; but, to me the new back lock Manix 2 is lighter than the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. Also, the G10 scales and the blade stock is thicker than on the ball bearing lock G10 Manix 2. I've attached some pictures. Sorry for the cell phone picture quality.
If you had to pick one?

Also welcome to the forum
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Popsickle wrote:
If you had to pick one?

Also welcome to the forum
Between the two, I prefer the back lock version of the Manix 2. I like back lock folding knives. Of my Spyderco knives, my favorites are my two Native 5s. And between those two, I prefer the Native 5 Lightweight.
Attachments
IMG_20170410_122706.jpg
Delica 4 Saber Grind, Manix 2 G10, Native 5 LW, Delica 4 FFG, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 Back Lock, Endura 4 FFG, Para 3, Raffir Noble Chaparral... I'm sure more to come.
Firebat

Post by Firebat »

bearfacedkiller wrote: superfluous jimping
oy vey
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Wow put my order in at 220pm and was picked up by usps at 2:51 LOL. I guess I had great timing
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

Thanks for the pictures and welcome to the forum, Igloo!

The standard G-10 Manix 2 is one of my EDC favorites because of how it fills the hand. This one looks like it might be even better. I especially like the thick G-10 scales and the new texture. This definitely seems like one I will be picking up in the future.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Igloo,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

sal wrote:Hi Igloo,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks for the welcome, Sal. And thanks for designing and producing such fine knives.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Well this just made me decide to sale my original manix 2 and get a backlock version! I'm not a fan of the jimping of the original and it is quite heavy with solid liners. If I get a backlock version I'd actually carry the Manix. I can't bring myself to carry the one I have now. Thanks for the pictures and welcome to the forum!
Josh
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Looks like the Native lock to me...Daddy likes
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dang that thing is thick. 8-|

I ordered one from GPKnives today before I had realized how thick they were. We'll see. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

–– EDITED TO ADD ––
I forgot to mention that the new back lock Manix 2 does not have stainless steel liners.
if you don't mind, could you please post a back to back thickness comparison?