Native 5 Maxamet is out also!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

Native 5 Maxamet is out also!

Post by murphjd25 »

Also for sale at the hq!
Josh
AlwaysTomboy

Re: Native 5 Maxamet is out also!

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

& Ordered. I've been eagerly waiting for this one. :D
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I've got one inbound too. Not my favorite model by a long shot, but I really want to try out Maxamet. I've got plenty of Manix's.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Snagged one! Thanks murphjd25! Only 1 left there.

Hate that blade hq doesn't have it on their new arrivals page nor did I receive an email that it was in stock.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Tabo wrote:Snagged one! Thanks murphjd25! Only 1 left there.

Hate that blade hq doesn't have it on their new arrivals page nor did I receive an email that it was in stock.
^This :mad: Why have I been checking their page every day? It's on my wishlist and I'm signed up for emails. No warning :confused: . :D Thankfully I live on this forum and saw the post and snagged the last one at BHQ, it listed out of stock right after my purchace. Good looking out murphjd25 and my fellow forum dwellers. I've been wanting this one.

FOUND! :D
zmax.jpg
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

Aye, I had it on my wishlist for notification when available and didn't receive an email, either. Was fortunate to be stalking this forum at the right time. 'Preciate the head's up, murphjd25.
jeff4air

Post by jeff4air »

Doh !!! Missed it by that much. It has been in my wishlist and on email notify at BHQ for weeks. Can only assume they got just a few. Nobody else showing stock.

Salt 2, Caly 3, and this one. Credit card in hand Spyderco...
Own- PM2 S30V, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, Chap CF CTS-XHP, Sage 5 S30V, KW CF/Ti Military S90V, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, KW Military CTS-204P, Delica 4 VG-10, Native 5 LW S110V, Para3 S90V CF Sprint, Native 5 Green G-10 S90V Sprint, PM2 CF M4 Sprint, Para 3 BBS M390, Para 3 Maxamet, Delica HAP 40 WC Jazz Sprint, Endura laminate Sprint Blue
Wishlist- Salt 2 SE H1
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

No problem guys! Glad I can help my fellow addicts!
Josh
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

And...that's why we hang here(well, one of the many reasons) ;) Not a big fan of the N5, already have too many that don't get carried as is, good on those who scored though. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Nate

Post by Nate »

Ack! That'll teach me to go out on a Friday night and not check my phone for a while... :(

Just kidding, after scoring on the first wave of a few recent releases, I'm okay waiting a bit longer for this one. I also recently started debating whether to get the Maxamet Native as planned or to go for the Manix instead. I think I'm not alone in this dilemma, what to do, what to do? :confused:
:spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Nate wrote: I also recently started debating whether to get the Maxamet Native as planned or to go for the Manix instead. I think I'm not alone in this dilemma, what to do, what to do? :confused:
Get Both! :)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This will be my 3rd Native in 4 months. Spyderco got me good with the LC200N Native for $100. I had little interest in the Native or combo edges but I REALLY wanted to try LC200N, and a Spydie Chef with those sweet (but correspondingly expensive) titanium scales just wasn't in the budget at the time. Then one afternoon much like this one I was checking the forum and saw a post by Taz that the previously unavailable LC200N Never Summer Native was available direct from Spyderco for $100, the color combo and design on the blade looked great, I wanted the steel, the price was very right.. so I decided to give in and give the combo edge and Native a try. Still not in love with combo edges (they do have their uses), but the native has really grown on me a lot. I love the blade choil and the flat spine and the ergonomics. Can't wait to try maxamet, this should be a great user.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Nate

Post by Nate »

TomAiello wrote:Get Both! :)
Brilliant! :D
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just got my shipping notice, it will be here Friday!

425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

I pre-ordered one from knifecenter but they still have it showing in pre-order status. Hopefully will ship out this week to me (along with my urban K390 that Ive been waiting for)
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

The Native 5 LWT Maxamet is number one on my list to be my third Spydie to go along with the Df2 and Caly3.5 as a rotational EDC and secondary "outdoor" piece.

I am thinking of a Military or Endura for the outdoor/camp knife, which will round out my core team of folders for everyday use. Then, the rest of the future purchases will just be to feed the addiction and provide the thrill of the hunt for the perfect knife.
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
Nate

Post by Nate »

EmperorMA wrote:The Native 5 LWT Maxamet is number one on my list to be my third Spydie to go along with the Df2 and Caly3.5 as a rotational EDC and secondary "outdoor" piece.

I am thinking of a Military or Endura for the outdoor/camp knife, which will round out my core team of folders for everyday use. Then, the rest of the future purchases will just be to feed the addiction and provide the thrill of the hunt for the perfect knife.
I think the Native lw is a great choice. BladeOps had a few Maxamet in stock yesterday and I manged to snag one, but they were sold out again by the time I went to post a head's up on it. I'm sure they'll be available in greater numbers soon. The pink one is also strangely tempting. It would be a nice hi-vis option but I don't know how much I'd actually carry it.

I didn't post in your camp knife thread because I thought enough people has already said "Military," but that is my pick as well. Nothing against the Endura, just a Millie fan and feel like the combo of blade length, negative blade angle, and straighter spine make it better for food prep if that's a primary factor. Otoh, the narrower blade of the Endura, or a Stretch, or a Salt, might be better for cleaning game... :confused: :D
DayMan_aAaaa

Post by DayMan_aAaaa »

Currently in stock at GP knives
blee

Post by blee »

DayMan_aAaaa wrote:Currently in stock at GP knives
Got it. Thanks.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Back in stock at BHQ as well (still no in stock email :confused: )
It's not on their new knives or coming soon page either. You have to search Native 5 maxamet on the site to get to the page. Good luck!