I need some Maxamet...which one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

I need some Maxamet...which one?

Post by Surfingringo »

I need to try some maxamet. NEED it I say! :rolleyes: I've been holding off waiting for the native but I was getting impatient and was just about to pull the trigger on a Manix. Now that the native is out I've got myself all confused. I like backlocks better than cbbl. I like blade length of Manix better though I've got plenty of stuff in that size. I don't know, I'll probably get the native but thought I'd get some thoughts from you guys first. I know it's always fun helping spend someone else's money.
3rdGenRigger

Re: I need some Maxamet...which one?

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

My Manix has broken in really nicely so far and I can operate the lock one handed quite easily. Flips out and back closed perfectly and smoothly every time, and it's very satisfying. Definitely better than the S110V LW I have, and better than the black BD1 that I sold a few years ago. If it was my money I'd go for the Manix first, because they dropped earlier and will be harder to find than a Maxamet Native in a few months time, and should hold its value well enough if you decide in a month or two that you'd rather have the Native (I'm assuming you don't want the the "Buy Both" option). I'm biased because I like the size of the Manix better, and I don't need a knife with such an exotic steel that's any smaller because they don't see the same type of use that my larger knives do.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I'm a bigger is better guy when it comes to knives. Go for the Manix! I have the Mule and the ManixLW and now I just want a Military.

I know you have a luke warm relationship with S110V but I think you are gonna like Maxamet when you put it to the stones. Lance, it's the shiz. I look forward to your feedback. I am smitten. A Maxamet Military will ruin a lot of other knives for me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Nate

Post by Nate »

I'm asking my self the same question. Initially thought I'd get the Native, but recently started to pivot toward the Manix.

I already have two of each. Manix I have the Cru-Wear and XHP g10 sprints. Native I have the s110v g10 and the s90v frn forum knives. Leaning toward the lw Manix because I don't have one yet, but I'm still on the fence.

Also, whichever one I buy will probably be offset soon after by a sale of the same model. So if I bought a Native I'd probably sell one of my existing Natives, etc... It's a tough decision!
:spyder:
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

The Manix. I like the Native, I carry it 4 days out of the week, but the Manix is my own favorite Spyderco, for what its worth.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Tough call here. I like both models and have several of each. I've been leaning toward smaller knives lately so I'll likely end up with Native at some point just try try the steel.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Five Manix2 and six Native5 over here. I guess I'm just as confused, but I carry the Manix2s way more. I'll likely pick up the Native, but I doubt it will be as carried as this guy:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I'm going to get the native. I currently have one Manix but no natives. Also, I am interested in the cruwear and backlock Manix so I better go ahead and go Native on this one.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Surfingringo wrote:I'm going to get the native. I currently have one Manix but no natives. Also, I am interested in the cruwear and backlock Manix so I better go ahead and go Native on this one.
This was a dilemma I was facing. I finally decided I would get more use out of the Native than the Manix because of practical every day size considerations. Plus, I like back locks better. I am putting that on hold, however, because of the Manix back lock and the Police 4, both of which I want. I can't buy everything. Added to that, someone gave me a new N5 LW recently that I am testing out. I will tell you that it is a very nice design, but it is a 3 to 3 1/2 finger (if I squeeze) knife for my large hands. If your hands are not as thick as mine it should fit nicely. I mean, without using the choil as primary gripping, I can barely get my fingers on it. With the choil, all of my fingers fit fine. The hole is a slight bit forward of where it is found on the Delica/Salt so it takes some getting used to in order to consistently and quickly find the hole to open the knife; at least for me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050