A muleish cousin?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
noseoil

A muleish cousin?

Post by noseoil »

I'm making a few knives now & just wanted to show a progressive "clone" of the Mule Team I've made. It's the second iteration of this design, since the first was a bit on the "chunky" side & needed some refinement. This one is 9" X 1/8" X 1 1/2" D2 with the HT at 61. What I like about it is the grip, which fills the hand like a mule but is a bit bigger & more solid. Also the blade shape, which is a stretched & more pointy, seems to cut well & Look OK. With the D2 steel it's fairly robust since I don't have the grinding part down very well yet.

The scales are black & gray canvas micarta & the hardware is stainless steel. I'm still very new to this stuff, but am enjoying the progress in fit & finish I'm making as I wander along this path. The knife is a gift for my son, who deploys again next month to the middle east.

This work has really given me a deep appreciation of Sal's work with Spyderco & his use of fine steels, quality materials & tight manufacturing tolerances. I look at what he's done & what I do and am humbled by his work with the company. His contributions to the world of knives is amazing to me. Thanks for looking.

Bloke

Re: A muleish cousin?

Post by Bloke »

That's awesome! Well done! :cool:

Hope your boy has a safe trip! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
remnar

Post by remnar »

That's a great looking knife. Nice work! :)
noseoil

2nd cousin...

Post by noseoil »

Another based on the same design as above. Really enjoying this & doing a bit better with practice. This is 1095 & some locally grown Ironwood. Really like working with this wood, but it's a booger to mill & stinks pretty badly. Still, nice when it's buffed out with a coat of wax.

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Nice!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb