Manix2 Backlock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Uke

Re: Manix2 Backlock!

Post by Uke »

Wow, the good news keeps on coming! I hope we see a lightweight version too!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Uke wrote:Wow, the good news keeps on coming! I hope we see a lightweight version too!
With thick FRN, not FRCP.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Jazz wrote:
Uke wrote:Wow, the good news keeps on coming! I hope we see a lightweight version too!
^
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Now that the hap40 stretch kicked my sebenza out of my pocket, i have a gaping spyderhole and this manix will fill it nicely.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

In for this. Thicker handle and blade? In all over it .... even with s30v

So much for my one knife for 2017. Just snagged a WE knife co 703 and I guarntee I'll be getting the back lock manix 2.... I always loved the manix 2 but the handle was a bit thin for me but otherwise overall perfect. This is going to be awesome. I really hope it comes in at a decent price point

Also being that it is a production sample.... I think we see His one SOON!!!
BrandoSpoke

Post by BrandoSpoke »

i prefer the ball lock over the back lock but it will definitely be interesting
"If you talk all the time, you will never hear what anybody else has to say, and therefore, all you'll have to talk about is your own conversation."
-Alan Watts
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Jazz wrote:
That I would also like a lot!
orangejuice

Post by orangejuice »

Looking forward to this version!
Drink juice
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Vivi wrote:Is there an ETA on this? 2017, or 2018?
Eric said in the video march/April latest as they were finishing them up when he left for the Amsterdam show.

I'm interested to see the thickness comparison of the handles
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The back of the handle doesn't look like it has much chamfering. Looks blocky. I hope the inside of the handle is chamfered.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

ABX2011 wrote:The back of the handle doesn't look like it has much chamfering. Looks blocky. I hope the inside of the handle is chamfered.

https://spydercollector.wordpress.com/2 ... back-lock/

Here a bunch of pictures
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm hoping these scales are super simple to make. If so I plan on having some made that are 2x as thick so I can contour the handles down really nice. It's gonna rock.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Evil D wrote:I'm hoping these scales are super simple to make. If so I plan on having some made that are 2x as thick so I can contour the handles down really nice. It's gonna rock.
Sounds cool! I love contoured handles
vivi

Post by vivi »

Popsickle wrote:
Eric said in the video march/April latest as they were finishing them up when he left for the Amsterdam show.

Oh wow, that's much sooner than I expected. Just picked up a Manix XL and Manix LW in the past two months, already got quite the family goin!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Vivi wrote:
Popsickle wrote:

Oh wow, that's much sooner than I expected. Just picked up a Manix XL and Manix LW in the past two months, already got quite the family goin!
I had quite the manix 2 collection years ago, but have since thinned my collection. I was thinking of adding another manix 2, but now ill wait for the back lock!
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Glad to see no Boye detent with this one.
I'm in, and hope for sales good enough to justify runs with other steels.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

nicked.onaut wrote:Glad to see no Boye detent with this one.
I'm in, and hope for sales good enough to justify runs with other steels.
Only way to make that happen is to vote with our wallets
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Let's hope this becomes a big vote so there might be some more models with backlock or powerlock made.
(I'd love the whole Military/PM/Para family)
Quite often when running or doing other quite physical stuff outside I only want to carry backlocks, preferably FRN for weight, since they hardly ever open up when they fall out of your pocket.. I've had a lot of other locks fall on the floor at home or on the street/grass outside, bounce and land halfway or all the way opened up. This never happened to me with backlocks so I have since tried this quite a lot with different user blades and it's the backlocks that hardly ever open up "by themselves".
(the action of a backlock is offcourse pulling the knife closed even when slightly opened instead of just being a detent at one point)

Hope this one is becoming available soon, trip planned in May, might be able to bring it. :)

PS Just tried this every now & then, no proper testing of these locks done or anything like that.
Last edited by Joris Mo on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Joris Mo wrote:Let's hope this becomes a big vote so there might be some more models with backlock or powerlock made.
Quite often when running or doing other quite physical stuff outside I only want to carry backlocks, preferably FRN for weight, since they hardly ever open up when they fall out of your pocket.. I've had a lot of other locks fall on the floor at home or on the street/grass outside, bounce and land halfway or all the way opened up. This never happened to me with backlocks so I have since tried this quite a lot with different user blades and it's the backlocks that hardly ever open up "by themselves".
(the action of a backlock is offcourse pulling the knife closed even when slightly opened instead of just being a detent at one point)

Hope this one is becoming available soon, trip planned in May, might be able to bring it. :)
Totally agree!!!

I'm hoping soon also. Eric said march/April
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Popsickle wrote:
Joris Mo wrote:Let's hope this becomes a big vote so there might be some more models with backlock or powerlock made.

Totally agree!!!

I'm hoping soon also. Eric said march/April
Let's hope March/April will be made! I figured then I could probably bring it to Spain in May.. The Spydiemeet one looked like a production version, let's hope there will be a lot of them someday soon.