More Cruwear?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mastiff

Re: More Cruwear?

Post by The Mastiff »

I doubt many people really like Cruwear more than I do. I still regret I only was able to get one PM 2 Cruwear and that was only because a regular here helped me out. The knives selling out so quickly makes me think there is still more Cruwear knives to be sold. I do like to think that a model for us lockback fans is warranted at some point. Native 5 or maybe even an original Manix lockback sprint ( G10 not CF)

Joe
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I know of at least one shop that still has CRUWEAR PM2s. like$300 though :/
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I know of at least one shop that still has CRUWEAR PM2s. like$300 though :/
Thanks. That would be the food budget for the month though. Can't starve myself for what is essentially a Pre need replacement / back up. I'm hoping for a lockback Cruwear knife. That I might stretch the budget for.

Joe
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

The Mastiff wrote: Thanks. That would be the food budget for the month though. Can't starve myself for what is essentially a Pre need replacement / back up. I'm hoping for a lockback Cruwear knife. That I might stretch the budget for.

Joe
Joe, if you're looking for more Cruwear then why not check out the knifecenter exclusive Manix with carbon fiber handles (it's $165,I believe). I have the g10 sprint and it's really an awesome knife but I'd gladly buy the cf version in a heartbeat if I had the funds :p :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Surfingringo wrote:I almost feel like Cruwear could hold a permanent place in the Golden lineup. I think it would be cool, for example, to be able to choose s110v, s30v or cruwear on regular production models according to your needs and tastes.
Ab
so
lutely.
My favorite general purpose steel. If I'm not carving rocks or bleeding bluefish, make mine a Cruwear!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Joe, if you're looking for more Cruwear then why not check out the knifecenter exclusive Manix with carbon fiber handles (it's $165,I believe). I have the g10 sprint and it's really an awesome knife but I'd gladly buy the cf version in a heartbeat if I had the funds
It's the lock . I have a couple but I'm not as comfortable with them as I am with ones I've used for decades. If I stretch the budget the knife needs to be a knife I really want and expect to use a lot. I have a few other Cruwear knives and I have no reason to talk myself into it like I did the Maxamet Manix. That was to try the steel in daily use. If the Native in Maxamet came out first I likely would have skipped the Manix version.

Joe
npad69

Post by npad69 »

I wish spyderco would release a LW manix 2 dark gray frcp in this flavor
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Turns out that the KW Manix exclusive called loud enough... should be here early next week.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Surfingringo wrote:I almost feel like Cruwear could hold a permanent place in the Golden lineup. I think it would be cool, for example, to be able to choose s110v, s30v or cruwear on regular production models according to your needs and tastes. For my uses, I would choose cruwear over s110v in every model other than knives I was planning to take on the kayak.
Gotta agree here although I have to stay away from most water due to health reasons so I would choose Cruwear over most any steel anytime. ;)
Would also love to see some more Cruwear in FRN or FRCP! Would be quite the hardcore user blades!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Hopefully I just scored a cruwear Millie. Don't have any cruwear yet and you enablers pushed me over the edge. Fingers crossed!!
Josh
Revival

Post by Revival »

JRinFL wrote:I would love a gray G10 Cruwear Native or PM3 or ... :cool:
This...pretty please!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think that you have a lot better chance of seeing a Cruwear PM3 than Native. At least until they get the Maxamet version of the Native figured out.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Cruwear in a regular production lw Manix2 would also be a nice affordable user knife and a great affordable platform for people to test the steel if they don't know it yet.
(it's a shame with all those very cool Sprints that so many end up hardly ever being used because they are so valuable)
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

I've been using my pm2 cw up, its my current favorite steel and I have access to a lot of steels.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

The Mastiff wrote:I doubt many people really like Cruwear more than I do. I still regret I only was able to get one PM 2 Cruwear and that was only because a regular here helped me out. The knives selling out so quickly makes me think there is still more Cruwear knives to be sold. I do like to think that a model for us lockback fans is warranted at some point. Native 5 or maybe even an original Manix lockback sprint ( G10 not CF)

Joe
The new lock back Manix would be a perfect Cruwear candidate!!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Popsickle wrote:
The Mastiff wrote:I doubt many people really like Cruwear more than I do. I still regret I only was able to get one PM 2 Cruwear and that was only because a regular here helped me out. The knives selling out so quickly makes me think there is still more Cruwear knives to be sold. I do like to think that a model for us lockback fans is warranted at some point. Native 5 or maybe even an original Manix lockback sprint ( G10 not CF)

Joe
The new lock back Manix would be a perfect Cruwear candidate!!
Yes, it would.

Even better if it was available in a combo edge. :)
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

I might just get that one in CE,SE & PE.. :)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Joris Mo wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm
Surfingringo wrote:I almost feel like Cruwear could hold a permanent place in the Golden lineup. I think it would be cool, for example, to be able to choose s110v, s30v or cruwear on regular production models according to your needs and tastes. For my uses, I would choose cruwear over s110v in every model other than knives I was planning to take on the kayak.
Gotta agree here although I have to stay away from most water due to health reasons so I would choose Cruwear over most any steel anytime. ;)
Would also love to see some more Cruwear in FRN or FRCP! Would be quite the hardcore user blades!

Bumping for continued discussion. Count me in as voting for Cruwear as a permanent production steel for all of the Golden lineup. I would be in Spydie heaven.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

A knife brand that's well known for making fine edges on great slicers should definitely do well having a great steel known for it's toughness as a production steel. ;)