H1 Spyderhawks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thombrogan

H1 Spyderhawks

Post by thombrogan »

Spring is around the corner. That's a good reason to do sprint runs of the H1 Spyderhawk (PE & SE) in orange, black, and foliage green FRN, right? Just a way to squeeze some service out of the E3 handle tooling, right? Maybe as a way to whet appetites for an as yet undesigned Caribbean Superhawk, right?
vivi

Re: H1 Spyderhawks

Post by vivi »

Yes!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

:D
Definitely yes! These two are getting tired of working every day, they need temporary replacements!

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'd be in for one. I've always wanted a really large hawkbill blade.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would like to see them do a Sprint Run of the H-1 Spyderhawk with G-10 handles. The H-1 Spyderhawk has been discontinued for so long that I truly believe it would be a sales chart darling in a second time around. I still say that if Spyderco would market all of those Hawkbill blades and some of the Reverse S blades in gardening and landscaping magazines they would sell like tickets to a rock concert :cool:

I also very much want to see the return of the G-10 Harpy because it's way overdue for a Sprint run if nothing else. Yeah it's high time for some of the better Hawkbills to return to the main line up IMO.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Thom,

I'm not opposed. Maybe an orange handle?

Hey JD,

G-10 models made in Seki are often expensive so sales are slower. It seems that Warncliffe's are beginning to be more popular, thanx to Mike Janich and Jazz, so maybe hawkbills will grow in favov?

sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:Hi Thom,

Hey JD,

G-10 models made in Seki are often expensive so sales are slower. It seems that Warncliffe's are beginning to be more popular, thanx to Mike Janich and Jazz, so maybe hawkbills will grow in favov?
Hey Mr. Glesser tell me if my memory is right or not>> because it seems like I remember last summer at Bladeforums there was a guy ( not myself) that started a thread on the G-10 Harpy and I seem to remember that it was you that said that a Sprint Run of the G-10 Harpy could be possible at some point? And since then I haven't heard much talk about it. I can live with a Spyderhawk with the original FRN handle but that G-10 handle on that Harpy truly made a huge difference for me and others who like the model.

Or is there just too much currently going on to even consider it at this point?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JD,

We always have a lot going on, but I'll check with the maker.

sal
hank_612

Post by hank_612 »

I would be in for any new frn wharnie or hawk in H1, vg10 or 200n.

Now a stretch wharnie or hawk in orange... that would be perfect.

I love my wharnie delica and I ended up buying 4 for gifts but the length and grip of the stretch is ideal.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

thombrogan wrote:Spring is around the corner. That's a good reason to do sprint runs of the H1 Spyderhawk (PE & SE) in orange,
I will be in for Orange SE.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

sal wrote:I'm not opposed. Maybe an orange handle?
If that's something that could be done, I'd be all for it. Orange, PE and SE for indoors and outdoors if possible.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd buy a couple of them in orange, both PE and SE assuming both were run.

With the talk of wharncliffes, I wouldn't mind seeing a wharncliffe Pacific Salt...
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I'd gladly buy some new Hawks if we're lucky enough for a Sprint run. Wharnies and Hawkbills have slowly become my favorite blade shapes these last years.
And I'm also waiting for the Tasman 2 to have a worthy successor for my already beaten and tired Red Tasman!

nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

sal wrote:

sal
Yes! Orange would be a great choice, likewise for any other H1/Salt knives. Tradition for the marine milieu, regardless if used at depth or not. ;-)
Wrathhog

Post by Wrathhog »

nicked.onaut wrote:
sal wrote:

sal
Yes! Orange would be a great choice, likewise for any other H1/Salt knives. Tradition for the marine milieu, regardless if used at depth or not. ;-)
Hopefully not the bright orange like the Delica scales. Hopefully more tangerine or peach colored.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

A Spyderhawk Sprint would make me a happy camper SE or PE what about this color?
kjk.jpg

*Light Blue
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

That's a beauty, too. I've been asking for the orange one since 2007-2008, so I'm hoping it's first, but that blue looks awesome,too
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

ANY color and I will buy (at least) one in SE. Last time, I picked one up in PE and, while it's my go to "yard work" knife, SE works so much better for those sorts of tasks.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

When can I place pre-order for Orange SE Spyderhawk?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

dsvirsky wrote:ANY color and I will buy (at least) one in SE. Last time, I picked one up in PE and, while it's my go to "yard work" knife, SE works so much better for those sorts of tasks.
I wonder how many of us use the Hawkbills as our dedicated gardening folders... ;)