Image linking broken

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Larry_Mott

Image linking broken

Post by Larry_Mott »

Don't know if i am the only one, but my avatar won't show today. Also when i try to link to dropbox, Flickr or Onedrive images it fails. I find it hard to believe that all sources have stopped working at once?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Image linking broken

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Larry_Mott wrote:Don't know if i am the only one, but my avatar won't show today. Also when i try to link to dropbox, Flickr or Onedrive images it fails. I find it hard to believe that all sources have stopped working at once?
https://postimage.io I use this place. Mine is still up.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Interesting, my avatar is ok in other threads, let's see if it shows up here.

Yep, mine appears here, while neither of yours do.
Larry_Mott wrote:Don't know if i am the only one, but my avatar won't show today. Also when i try to link to dropbox, Flickr or Onedrive images it fails. I find it hard to believe that all sources have stopped working at once?
ZrowsN1s wrote: https://postimage.io I use this place. Mine is still up.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The Deacon wrote:Interesting, my avatar is ok in other threads, let's see if it shows up here.

Yep, mine appears here, while neither of yours do.
ZrowsN1s wrote: https://postimage.io I use this place. Mine is still up.
You can't see mine? I can. I can see yours deacon, but not Larrys

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I can only see Deacon's..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thats weird, I can see mine on my computer, but I checked from my tablet and it's gone.

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Not the end of the world, but I hope they fix it.

TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, Larry:
When I check the link you use for your avatar I get the following error from Dropbox.

File not found
Sorry, that file doesn’t live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private.

I'm seeing everyone's avatars except for yours Larry. Can you please try and post an image from one of the other sites you mention in this thread and let's see what happens. If you get an error of some kind please let me know what that is. We haven't made any changes on the forum so I don't know what would cause this issue on our side.

In the meantime, I'm going to move this thread to the tech support area.

Thanks!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Mine does appear to be showing up on my tablet now, but I assure you it was not there a few minutes ago. There might be an issue on your end.
*still cant see larys either

TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Just as a quick follow-up... Larry, I went to an older thread that you posted a photo in from your Dropbox and found the same error when I tried to view the photo directly. It will be helpful to see what happens when you post an image using a different platform.

Kristi
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ZrowsN1s wrote:You can't see mine? I can. I can see yours deacon, but not Larrys
Couldn't see yours then, but can now. Larry's is still MIA.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I suppose it's worth noting I could see larrys just fine yesterday.

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

This is may well be unrelated, but around 1:00AM CDT Wed night (technically the morning of Thur 16 May) my avatar disappeared in the Amsterdam thread then later came back again. That had never happened before. Also, I think about the same time, I had been looking at some pages in the electronic catalog and pages which I had recently loaded could be reloaded, but other pages would not load. This prompted me to download the pdf, which took about 10 or 12 minutes. This would usually have been a matter of seconds, but I suppose there are many things which could have caused that.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Testing Avatar from Dropbox
Testing OneDrive
Testing Flickr
Testing Flickr BBCode
ImageYinYangkopa by Lars, on Flickr
Testing Box
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Opened an account at postimage.org and now the avatar works again. A major nuisance about Dropbox and the others though :(
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

So, this could (and this is a guess at this point) be related to some things that are going on with our server. We are actually in the final stages of completing a migration to a new (much larger, more powerful) server. We'll be going live on the new server this coming Tuesday. Doug, the info you provided is very helpful. Thank you, Larry, for testing a few options - also very helpful. It doesn't make sense that one works and the other doesn't as we don't block anything. I'd like to wait until the server migration is complete and then we'll have another look at it if it's still a problem. Thank you in advance for your patience!

Kristi