Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I wish I did not even have to mention this but it deserves mention. I cannot believe this but it is true. There are actually people on today's world who believe the Earth is flat, and fixed in place, and there are people who believe in a round Earth but believe it is fixed and the sun orbits the Earth.

I am solidly convinced of a rounded Earth that orbits the sun. The evidence is abundant and available.

I am just shocked that there are people who actually believe that the Earth is flat like this, and there are people who believe the Earth is fixed and the sun rotates around the Earth. Galileo, Copernicus, and countless others, as well as modern measurements, reproduced experiments, prove time and time again that the earth is round and orbits the sun.

I was speaking with a man about this who is a geocentrist: He believes the Earth is fixed and does not move, and the sun moves around the Earth. I told him that: 1 The fact of seasonal changes prove a moving rotating Earth.

2 We know from detection that the core of the Earth is made of molten and solid iron and the spinning rotation of the Earth causes this iron to function like a giant electromagnet. It spins and produces the detected and measured magnetic field around the Earth which shields us and all living things from the intense microwave radiation of the sun and space, which, if we did not have the magnetic field, would cook us like a microwaved hot dog.

demoncase and Doc and others: What are your thoughts on this?
Knivesinedc

Re: Earth is round and orbits the sun. FACTS.

Post by Knivesinedc »

I am in agreement with you, SEF. The Heliocentric theory is also the only reasonable theory when predicting planetary motion. No other theory, especially Geocentric, are able to accurately predict where the planets will be and when.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

It's turtles, all the way down.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

...below the elephants.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows, we have been in outer space and even to the moon. We can actually SEE the earth moving around the Sun. We can observe via telescopes that even the Milky Way rotates and the Sun revolves in its arm around the galaxy center. Those who belong to the Flat Earth Society need to actually participate in something scientific. They are ranked with the dumb dumbs that think we never went to the moon. My father was on Von Braun's personal staff and was a rocket scientist. He still holds several patents related to the space industry (cannot profit by it due to government regs). I know beyond doubt we went to the moon. I have met the astronauts. I have met Von Braun. I have actually looked through powerful telescopes through which a person can observe first hand the movements of bodies in our solar system around the Sun. Sheesh!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't get how these people overlook the fact that you can fly a plane in a straight line and eventually end up where you started. How is that possible if the planet is flat? How do we not fall off the edge?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

There is actually a world wide organization that is called The Flat Earth Society, believe it or not. Also, the world is full of conspiracy nuts, uneducated, willfully ignorant, who believe the moon landings were a hoax.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bryan123

Post by bryan123 »

Doc Dan wrote:There is actually a world wide organization that is called The Flat Earth Society, believe it or not. Also, the world is full of conspiracy nuts, uneducated, willfully ignorant, who believe the moon landings were a hoax.
If the moon landing was a Hollywood hoax, the Soviets would have outed us in a heartbeat.

Instead, they congratulated us.
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Doc Dan wrote:There is actually a world wide organization that is called The Flat Earth Society, believe it or not. Also, the world is full of conspiracy nuts, uneducated, willfully ignorant, who believe the moon landings were a hoax.
Hey, just because I wear a tin foil hat with a coat hanger on top doesn't mean I can't have an alternative reality. You all should try one on and maybe, just maybe you will flatten out your horizons :p
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Never thought about adding a coat hanger.
But I added a face shield to prevent facial recognition.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mad Mac wrote:Never thought about adding a coat hanger.
But I added a face shield to prevent facial recognition.

Outstanding! Works for me :D
"No matter where you go, there you are"
paladin

Post by paladin »

The Deacon wrote:It's turtles, all the way down.
z4vdBt wrote:...below the elephants.
I can't believe there's still people peddling the old elephant/turtle foundational view of the Earth...even a child in Kindergarten could tell you the elephants and turtles need solid ground to stand on...so it's painfully obvious only flying creatures could bear up the Earth without solid substrate beneath them...

so now the only crucial unresolved question is: Eagles or Pterodactyls?
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I'm one of those hoax nut jobs.

Just see my signature link ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

How do aircraft negotiate that sharp turn when they're trying to fly under the edge to get Downunder, and if you drop your Spydie off the edge, where does it go? :confused: :eek:

Hint: as with most of the problems we're facing today, education is the only hope.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

The Earth is not round. This is factually incorrect in every regard

It's an oblate spheroid (Pear shaped if you prefer) due to the gravitational effect of the Moon pulling the crust slightly toward it.

Had you going there, huh! :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

z4vdBt wrote:...below the elephants.
All hail Great A'Tuin and the mighty Discworld!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

DougC-3 wrote:How do aircraft negotiate that sharp turn when they're trying to fly under the edge to get Downunder, and if you drop your Spydie off the edge, where does it go? :confused: :eek:

Hint: as with most of the problems we're facing today, education is the only hope.
This is where socks go when they disappear from the dryer.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Doc Dan wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:How do aircraft negotiate that sharp turn when they're trying to fly under the edge to get Downunder, and if you drop your Spydie off the edge, where does it go? :confused: :eek:

I think some of them go from other people's dryers over the edge and then into my sock drawer, because most of them are one of a kind and much too little to be mine. But now at least I know where all my coat hangers are going. People must be using them to hold up their tinfoil.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Doc Dan wrote:

If we live on the Discworld- that'd be a flat world, stood on 4 elephants, stood on the back of a turtle swimming through space- then your socks are being preyed upon by the Eater Of Socks
https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Eater_of_Socks

(And RIP Sir Terry Pratchett- influence on my life and writer of 'stealth philosophy')