Urban K390 in stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Afterman

Re: Urban K390 in stock

Post by Afterman »

Is there a technical reason that none of the slipjoint folders have tip-down carry available?
Nate

Post by Nate »

WireEdge Roger wrote:They are dark in person, not the same shade as the Cruwear Para 2
Thanks man. I guess all I'd seen were renderings before today.
:spyder:
Nate

Post by Nate »

Just found this vid. A little darker than expected, but still looks like a winner to me. Also didn't realize that they moved the half-stop location to 90°, bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARorVzbiPE
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

They are a lot lighter in person. I think it looks great!
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I've been carrying my foliage green G10/VG10 Urban in my watch pocket for the past couple days. Now I'm having a hard time not pulling the trigger on one of these! :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Nate wrote:Just found this vid. A little darker than expected, but still looks like a winner to me. Also didn't realize that they moved the half-stop location to 90°, bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARorVzbiPE
The half stop on the black one was an error from the fist batch of Urban's. It's since been corrected on all the newer ones, including this sprint.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Afterman wrote:Is there a technical reason that none of the slipjoint folders have tip-down carry available?
Hi Afterman,

Welcome to our forum.

Wire clips are difficult to use around the pivots, and I designed the knives to use lighter wire clips. Also, wire clips are deep pocket and do not give the appearance of a knife clip, which can be a problem in some areas.
Spyder drop openings are almost impossible with a notch-joint, and that's one of the main reasons for tip down.
We felt it was more politically correct which is important in areas that do not allow locking knives.

Hope that helps.

sal
awa54

Post by awa54 »

There's one left at National as of a few hours ago when I ordered mine :D

extremely psyched for this one!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

I have one ordered, but it wont ship until my other Spyderco pre-orders get sent out (which might be a little while). Looks like a winner to me, I have a spot for it waiting on my Spyderco display
kensei

Post by kensei »

sal wrote:We also have more K390 sitting at the factory in Maniago. I'm trying to decide what else to make?

sal
Mili or PM2 pls Sal!
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

The Militaries are Italian, now?
Wrong factory, but lionspy?
animportant

Post by animportant »

Potatoe, Pattada?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Tried to buy one from New Graham but the shipping was the same cost as the knife! I tried to buy one from National but they do not take credit cards. I am out of luck.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Doc Dan wrote:Tried to buy one from New Graham but the shipping was the same cost as the knife! I tried to buy one from National but they do not take credit cards. I am out of luck.
National knives has an eBay store and has the K390 urban in stock and says they ship worldwide. Could you try PayPal that way?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Doc Dan wrote:Tried to buy one from New Graham but the shipping was the same cost as the knife! I tried to buy one from National but they do not take credit cards. I am out of luck.
Wait, what?? I'm certain I have used a CC to buy from National before... I used Paypal for the Urban last night, but in the past I haven't always used Paypal with them. Is it because the card isn't US issued? I'd email them and ask for clarification.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Nate

Post by Nate »

Liquid Cobra wrote: The half stop on the black one was an error from the fist batch of Urban's. It's since been corrected on all the newer ones, including this sprint.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.
Nate

Post by Nate »

This is perfect. Great color, very happy with it!

Took a real quick comparison pic with my phone. Was losing the light and it's about to rain here, but it came out alright:

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Chalk me up for the Wharnie Urban to save the old K390 sheets from rusting away in Italy ;)
I'd love Foliage green G10 scales, but i'm not holding my breath..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

425KRS wrote:I have one ordered, but it wont ship until my other Spyderco pre-orders get sent out (which might be a little while). Looks like a winner to me, I have a spot for it waiting on my Spyderco display
Who did you order from, I had this happen on knifecenter order before, gave them a call and they shipped separately. I can't remember if KC has a minimum for free shipping, that might throw a wrench in things.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Just ordered one from Knifeworks. I noticed that knifecenter also has them in stock.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050