OK, it's time to get serious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: OK, it's time to get serious

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, wrathhog. I'd assume they'll get new stock soon. My store always gets 10 in to start. I got the last one, somehow. Just have to keep your eyes peeled. It'll be worth it. I just got mine today (one I will actually use). I'm going to make a vid of food prep on a cutting board with a wharnie. I said I would, now I have to. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I'm just curious, now that some people have one of these, how do you like them?
- best wishes, Jazz.
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

I have been carrying mine every day starting when I get home from work. ( I cant stop carrying the mantra or the GB2 for that just yet).. I have to say that the wharnie delica is a wonderful "chore knife". When I grab it after changing clothes from my workday I immediately clip it to my shorts and I forget it is there until I need it. The wharncliffe just makes sense around the house. Opening Amazon boxes, cutting tags off of baby clothes, breaking down all the cardboard that comes from amazon, opening food packaging for dinner, Dog food bags.. the list goes on. I am not new to the wharncliffes utility. I have been using my Air since picking one up a few months ago. The Jazz delica has temporarily retired that little guy though. In my opinion, it is a perfect no frills work knife that can definitely get the job done.
knifeneasy

Post by knifeneasy »

I missed out on the PE the day they dropped at Warriors and Wonders. That same day W&W put up a few more Cruwear PM2's they managed to get ahold of. The Wharnie Delica was gone before the PM2's. Just sayin...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Mr. Shabazz, do you have yours yet? I'm waiting for your vid. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
BCKurth

Post by BCKurth »

Wow. Awesome forum thread! I've been absent from this forum for a couple of months. However I've now read through nearly all thirty pages after watching your prototype YouTube video online. So very cool how this knife came about through the forum. Great job Jazz! and thanks Sal and the Spyderco team for bringing this concept to fruition! So very cool! So impressed that I just ordered the knife from Knives Plus! As of the timing of this post this jazzy new blade currently in stock. This forum thread pretty much wraps up everything that I've come to love about the knife community at large. My apologies if I appear to be laying it on alittle thick... but my intent is quite sincere. Anyway. Thanks again and I look forward to reviving the new Spyderco knife in the mail. Cheers!
Spyderco Techno CTS-XHP, Squarehead CPM S30V, Dragonfly G10 VG-10, Delica 4 Wharncliffe VG-10, Urban K390, UK Penknife S110V
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I sure hope you enjoy the knife, BCKurth. Since I put these orange scales on mine for work, and sharpened it to 15° or so, it flies through the boxes, and is quite nicely visible in darker rooms and coolers. I love it. Thanks again to Sal and Eric for doing this. It seems to be selling well so far. Cool.

- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Need to pick one of these up. Those orange scales look great on there Jazz!!! :cool:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Ha! So "this thread" is why we have a wharncliffe Delica all of a sudden.

Good job guys.
It seems the enthusiasm has spilled over a bit into the rest of the industry, I think I've seen more wharncliffe blades in Shot Show videos this year than ever before.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Joshua J. wrote:Ha! So "this thread" is why we have a wharncliffe Delica all of a sudden.

Good job guys.
It seems the enthusiasm has spilled over a bit into the rest of the industry, I think I've seen more wharncliffe blades in Shot Show videos this year than ever before.
Yes sir, this is it. Sal and Eric are awesome guys. As for the others, I guess copying is the sincerest form of flattery. It's an excellent work knife. I'm using mine hard and loving it. Just hold it in your hand and look kind of down on the spine from behind. It looks like it wants to cut something - to get right in there.

You live in an awesome province, by the way.
- best wishes, Jazz.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BCKurth,

Welcome to our forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.

sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

I got mine today. I think I like it already. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BCKurth

Post by BCKurth »

Thanks Sal!
Spyderco Techno CTS-XHP, Squarehead CPM S30V, Dragonfly G10 VG-10, Delica 4 Wharncliffe VG-10, Urban K390, UK Penknife S110V
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

sal wrote:No plans at this time for an Endura warnie, we'll have to see what happens with the Delica. I believe we have plans to make a HAP 40 version of the Delica warnie.

sal
Now that's serious!
- best wishes, Jazz.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Jazz wrote:
sal wrote:No plans at this time for an Endura warnie, we'll have to see what happens with the Delica. I believe we have plans to make a HAP 40 version of the Delica warnie.

sal
Now that's serious!
Yes!!!!!!!!! That will be a must buy, super excited. Hope it's burnt orange
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Holland wrote:
Jazz wrote:

sal
Now that's serious!
A Delica Warnie, in HAP 40 and in burnt orange....that would be twisting my arm, and I would need one as well!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Donut

Post by Donut »

Jazz wrote:

sal
Now that's serious!
Sal is the most serious man in the world! :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

The Jazz Delica is quickly becoming one of my favorite edc knives, and I've been itching to try HAP 40. Can't wait!
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

daknight wrote:
Holland wrote:
Jazz wrote:

sal
Now that's serious!
A Delica Warnie, in HAP 40 and in burnt orange....that would be twisting my arm, and I would need one as well!
Wow, that'd be a no-brainer! I prefer the Endura size, but would buy a HAP 40 Warnie Delica without hesitation!!! :cool: :spyder:
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

A Wharncliffe Dragonfly (with a Khar profile) would be serious.