Urban K390 in stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

Urban K390 in stock

Post by murphjd25 »

Didn't expect to see this drop today...I just picked one up. At bladeHQ.
Josh
murphjd25

Re: Urban K390 in stock

Post by murphjd25 »

And there gone, sorry I tried to help guys :(
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:And there gone, sorry I tried to help guys :(
Haha! Yeah I just checked and it said out of stock. I don't carry my Urban enough to justify buying one of these but I think it's a nice platform and interesting steel for a nice price.

I find it interesting that BHQ is describing K390 as a stainless steel.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Thanks for the heads up Murph, I checked it out in time to grab one but decided not to, like sharp guy I just don't carry these enough to justify grabbing another. I still haven't carried my k390 Pinto. I'll probably grab another if done in G10 though,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

This is my first slip joint folder, I've always wanted to see what there about. Plus it is a nice bonus that it's a sprint in an awesome steel. I wasn't even going to buy it but my spyder kung-fu is out of control. :)
Josh
elena86

Post by elena86 »

murphjd25 wrote:Didn't expect to see this drop today...I just picked one up. At bladeHQ.
Is this one an exclusive or a sprint run ?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sprint run
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:This is my first slip joint folder, I've always wanted to see what there about. Plus it is a nice bonus that it's a sprint in an awesome steel.
I think you'll like it. Like you, I was curious bout the slip joints and got lucky and found a G10 Urban and UKPK for sale on the Exchange for a price I couldn't refuse. If the FRN versions are anything like the G10 models they should be great. I just put my G10 Urban in my watch pocket in honor of this thread. :D
murphjd25 wrote:I wasn't even going to buy it but my spyder kung-fu is out of control. :)
Haha, sounds like me last year. 50 knives later I've realized I had to control my spyder kung-fu and give my bank account a break! :spyder:
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:This is my first slip joint folder, I've always wanted to see what there about. Plus it is a nice bonus that it's a sprint in an awesome steel.
I think you'll like it. Like you, I was curious bout the slip joints and got lucky and found a G10 Urban and UKPK for sale on the Exchange for a price I couldn't refuse. If the FRN versions are anything like the G10 models they should be great. I just put my G10 Urban in my watch pocket in honor of this thread. :D
murphjd25 wrote:I wasn't even going to buy it but my spyder kung-fu is out of control. :)
Haha, sounds like me last year. 50 knives later I've realized I had to control my spyder kung-fu and give my bank account a break! :spyder:
Haha!
Josh
Nate

Post by Nate »

Looks like they're in stock at BBS now. They actually have them listed at MAP, but the shipping and handling is still high.
:spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I snagged one off eBay just above MAP, with free shipping.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I just grabbed one at Top Quality Knives, in stock
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
SteelSpyder

Post by SteelSpyder »

Also in stock at Rivers Edge Cutlery.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Do I need one of these? It is a cool knife. I have been on the fence.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Nate

Post by Nate »

Been asking myself the same thing. This one somehow flew under my radar until very recently.

The size, shape, & ergos of the Urban really work for me for work/office edc, but then again so do the Chaparral, Native, UKPK, Kiwi 4 and a few others...

In terms of Pros:

-Big fan of the gray. If you want an Urban but don't want it in black, here's another option.
-Sprint: limited run, added desireability, resale value.*
-Exotic steel: edge retention isn't hugely important to me, but it's still relatively rare and ups the cool factor.
-Value: pretty much a no brainer here, you're not going to find another k390 blade available right now for $65.

Really the only con for me is that I already have a lot of other small folders competing for pocket space. The carbon steel aspect is sort of a wash. I like the character of a nice patina, but worry a little about corrosion in the pivot on folders. Not sure if this is one I'd be comfortable throwing it in the pool bag or clipping iwb in gym shorts in the summer, etc.

...Aaaaand all that said, I just convinced myself to order one lol. Inbound from River's Edge, shoud be here by Wednesday!

(*I'm not a flipper and have only tried to break even on the the rare occasion I sell something, even sprints, but I like that the value and demand are likely to be there if I do move on from something.)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

River's Edge charges tax? What's up with that?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Nate

Post by Nate »

They didn't on my order, so I'm not sure...

The line item is on my invoice, but for $0.00. Maybe it depends on the destination? For me it's OH to KY.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Got shipping notice on mine it'll be here Tuesday woohoo
Josh
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

anyone know what the size of this sprint run is?
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

As of yesterday, the following had the K390 Urban in stock:

Cutlery Shoppe
New Graham
Rivers Edge Knives
Oso Grande

Hope that is helpful to anyone looking for one.