Most Apocalypse Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ed Ricketts

Re: Most Apocalypse Spyderco?

Post by Ed Ricketts »

The Hossums would be good choices, I'm a big fan of the Perrin street bowie, esp if i want to travel light. Folders? Too many good choices to list!
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Apocalypso LW PE.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Manix 2 XL. Not my favorite Spydie to carry in reality. A great choice for the scenario.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Civilian and a Jumpmaster hands down.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

paladin wrote:
Cheddarnut wrote:Apocalypso jr.
Made my day! :D

too clever!!! :cool:
I touch up my wit on the Sharpmaker™.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'm going to answer based on what I currently own (Is available NOW). Fixed Blade would definitely be the Seratta. Folder would first be the CruWear Military, and if I could have two I'd also include my H1 Spyderhawk SE. Having said that...I'd take all of my Spydies in my Spyderpac and make the most out of all of them. If an apocalypse were to happen at any given time, and I didn't have a chance to get home to grab supplies, it would most likely be a CruWear PM2 and Tasman Salt SE because those two are most always in my pocket. I'd also have my SuperBlue Ladybug because it's always on my truck keys which are always on my person.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
AMarkAbove

Post by AMarkAbove »

A PM2 in either m390 or S110V and a Szabohawk.
~Andrew
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

If it were a zombie specific apocalypse id carry a dodo, because zombies are attracted to brains.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The WARRIOR! Two edges, 100% silliness and H1. Nice blade belly too for skinning rats, yummy :D
npad69

Post by npad69 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'm going to answer based on what I currently own (Is available NOW). Fixed Blade would definitely be the Seratta. Folder would first be the CruWear Military, and if I could have two I'd also include my H1 Spyderhawk SE. Having said that...I'd take all of my Spydies in my Spyderpac and make the most out of all of them. If an apocalypse were to happen at any given time, and I didn't have a chance to get home to grab supplies, it would most likely be a CruWear PM2 and Tasman Salt SE because those two are most always in my pocket. I'd also have my SuperBlue Ladybug because it's always on my truck keys which are always on my person.
Hi, why do you prefer cruwear to ordinary s30v?
elena86

Post by elena86 »

The upcoming fixed blade Kukri in K390 :cool:
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Cheddarnut wrote:Apocalypso jr.
Well played sir
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

npad69 wrote: Hi, why do you prefer cruwear to ordinary s30v?
Hi, I find it to be a lot more forgiving to damage of basically all sorts and still have good wear resistance, and definitely adequate corrosion resistance. I work construction (Build and maintain cell phone towers), and I've found it to be my favourite all around steel for my particular uses. It's also a lots easier to sharpen in my experience.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Tim_B_Riding

Post by Tim_B_Riding »

I got real nervous reading this thread and I've also been binge watching the Walking Dead. So now I'm the proud owner of a Euroedge. I'm going to make a life size replica of a walker's head to practice on.

Seriously, I did just get one and I think Rick would approve.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I tend to agree with what VASH said about the Szabo folder it's really aggressive knife with nice belly to it. But how soon everyone forgets the C-60 Ayoob model which at one time was also available in Spyderedge.

The Spyderhawk can't be overlooked nor could the Civilian model or Matriarch which is my preference. From simply appearance alone I would have to say the the older/discontinued model SHABARIA can't be overlooked as well.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

The EuroEdge makes me weak in the knees, but for one folding Spyderco knife for the apocalypse, I have three priorities.
1. Foremost a tactical knife of substantial size and weight for self defense.
2. Secondly, a survival knife, a bushcraft folder if you will, that is extremely tough and durable.
3. Last, an all around utility knife handy enough to have clipped in a pocket all of the time.
Of the Spyderco knives that I own and with which I am familiar, in my opinion the K2 has it hands down.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Mad Mac wrote:The EuroEdge makes me weak in the knees, but for one folding Spyderco knife for the apocalypse, I have three priorities.
1. Foremost a tactical knife of substantial size and weight for self defense.
2. Secondly, a survival knife, a bushcraft folder if you will, that is extremely tough and durable.
3. Last, an all around utility knife handy enough to have clipped in a pocket all of the time.
Of the Spyderco knives that I own and with which I am familiar, in my opinion the K2 has it hands down.

Love your signature. I've been to the Monahans sand dunes. My brother lived in Midland for several years, one of my best friends is from Brownsville. Crossed the border for a bunch of years, pretty much wherever there was a border crossing, before it got too dangerous.
Very nice signature.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think that the apocalypse deserves dual K2s...

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Seriaoulsy though, whatever I grabbed would be 15 inches long and weigh a pound. Probably this...

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Out of my present Spydercos, probably my street beat.

I think it likely makes more sense than a folder in an apocalyptic situation. Also, the SB vg10 should be fairly easy to sharpen on whatever I'm using as a sharpening device????

To each his own.