Almost there...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
425KRS

Almost there...

Post by 425KRS »

Almost complete, just need two more to have all of the current production mule team blades. I have the 9CR13MOV (MT05P) en route, and now just missing the CPM-M4 (MT02P) and ZDP-189 (MT04P). The search continues for those ones, obviously they are early models so it might take a while.

:spyder:
Cheddarnut

Re: Almost there...

Post by Cheddarnut »

Dont forget the christmas edition, idiots edition, vanilla ice edition, snooker edition, the man in black edition, cubic zirconia edition, slobber edition and the ghostbusters edition, because your mule team collection wouldnt be complete without the yule, fool, cool, pool, duel, jewel, drool and zool team iterations.
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

Do you do anything with them or just admire the barcodes?
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

Cheddarnut wrote:Dont forget the christmas edition, idiots edition, vanilla ice edition, snooker edition, the man in black edition, cubic zirconia edition, slobber edition and the ghostbusters edition, because your mule team collection wouldnt be complete without the yule, fool, cool, pool, duel, jewel, drool and zool team iterations.
wth, ok man.
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

OakTree wrote:Do you do anything with them or just admire the barcodes?
Well, right now just collecting them. Once I have them all then I will decide what do with them. Think I might make a wall display for them, not sure yet. One of the reasons I got into knives was the metallurgy, reading and learning about it so getting these various mule team blades was really intriguing to me (and I like the challenge of trying to collect them all). I have plenty of other knives that I use/carry so these ones are just for collecting. Not planning on putting handles on them or using them at this point.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nothing wrong with collecting a series I say, the MT is as good as any other, there's a lot more folks around here that collect than would admit I'm sure. I have a number of series I collect, many I've never used, many I have, its something I like about the hobby. I will admit though, I'm starting to wonder some from the brand but thats ok too, except its starting to get a little more expensive. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

farnorthdan wrote:Nothing wrong with collecting a series I say, the MT is as good as any other, there's a lot more folks around here that collect than would admit I'm sure. I have a number of series I collect, many I've never used, many I have, its something I like about the hobby. I will admit though, I'm starting to wonder some from the brand but thats ok too, except its starting to get a little more expensive. :D
I didn't realize that collecting was looked down upon (I'm new here obviously) but like I said I have plenty of knives that I use regularly. I've been buying knives for a little while now but more recently started to get more serious about it. I had them all in a lock box and would swap out the one I used every once in a while. My friend convinced me to get them out of the box so I could enjoy them more so I decided to get a nice display and put them in my office. Also makes it easier to browse and pick which one I want to use at any given time. I really enjoyed the hobby, both collecting and using (as well as learning which is why the MT series is perfect for me). Cheers :)
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

farnorthdan wrote:Nothing wrong with collecting a series I say, the MT is as good as any other, there's a lot more folks around here that collect than would admit I'm sure. I have a number of series I collect, many I've never used, many I have, its something I like about the hobby. I will admit though, I'm starting to wonder some from the brand but thats ok too, except its starting to get a little more expensive. :D
Yeah I'm collecting the Ethnic Series. Just ordered the Euroedge :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
carl3989

Post by carl3989 »

Good for you. When you get all the knives together would like to see a group photo please.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Impressive.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Hi 425, Nice collection. I'll apologize for a couple of posts here and don't even know the posters. Don't let anyone get to you about your collection. They are yours you paid for them and so enjoy them any way you want. Sal the owner of Spyderco talks about shiny footprints and I'm pretty sure that would go for how we treat each other not just other knife manufacturers. I too collect and use though not so much the Mules only because I'm into folders more. Welcome to the forums and I hope you get better experiences than shown so far.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

425KRS wrote:
I didn't realize that collecting was looked down upon (I'm new here obviously) but like I said I have plenty of knives that I use regularly. I've been buying knives for a little while now but more recently started to get more serious about it. I had them all in a lock box and would swap out the one I used every once in a while. My friend convinced me to get them out of the box so I could enjoy them more so I decided to get a nice display and put them in my office. Also makes it easier to browse and pick which one I want to use at any given time. I really enjoyed the hobby, both collecting and using (as well as learning which is why the MT series is perfect for me). Cheers :)
Nothing wrong with collecting but the MT series is usually the beaters for many. Free country, don't worry about it. I like any collection that is thorough. Collecting MTs would be similar to collecting F150s. Meant for work but what the hey, collect what you want. I dig it
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

Qcrazy wrote:Hi 425, Nice collection. I'll apologize for a couple of posts here and don't even know the posters. Don't let anyone get to you about your collection. They are yours you paid for them and so enjoy them any way you want. Sal the owner of Spyderco talks about shiny footprints and I'm pretty sure that would go for how we treat each other not just other knife manufacturers. I too collect and use though not so much the Mules only because I'm into folders more. Welcome to the forums and I hope you get better experiences than shown so far.
Thank you!
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

425KRS wrote:
I didn't realize that collecting was looked down upon (I'm new here obviously) ... :)
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with collecting. There does seem to be a more vocal respect held here for folks who use their knife.

From what I've seen:

Flipping for a profit and bragging about it---definitely looked down on!

Collecting---accepted and silently envied!

Users---respected and vocally admired!

Please keep sharing! Awesome collection !
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

vaisforlovers wrote:
425KRS wrote:
I didn't realize that collecting was looked down upon (I'm new here obviously) ... :)
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with collecting. There does seem to be a more vocal respect held here for folks who use their knife.

From what I've seen:

Thanks, here are my other ones. Plenty of them get used :D :

Last edited by 425KRS on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

425KRS wrote:
Thanks, here are my other ones. Plenty of them get used :D
You should do a forum search for the "Show us your knife storage system" thread. You're doing good, but you're going to need a few more cases to catch up to the deacon.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

425KRS wrote:
vaisforlovers wrote:
425KRS wrote:

From what I've seen:

Wow, awesome, that display case is great. I'd really like to get something like that or maybe a nice hutch like Paul has.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
425KRS wrote:
Thanks, here are my other ones. Plenty of them get used :D
You should do a forum search for the "Show us your knife storage system" thread. You're doing good, but you're going to need a few more cases to catch up to the deacon.
Just saw that thread, wow!
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

farnorthdan wrote:
425KRS wrote:
vaisforlovers wrote:
425KRS wrote:

From what I've seen:

Wow, awesome, that display case is great. I'd really like to get something like that or maybe a nice hutch like Paul has.
The display case is from Ikea, pretty inexpensive and easy to put together: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

I got the lock off amazon, also pretty inexpensive but a bit of a pain to install. I just used a dremel and fit it flush and it works really well: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QU7R64

The LED light is also from amazon, it's battery powered and very bright. Push button on/off, I just used some command strips to mount it. Came as a 3 pack, not too much $. I tried a few different ones, some warm light and some more blueish. In the end I went with what was the brightest: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UMSEP0Q

The small knife stands are made by Spyderco (CT02), came in a box of 24. You can of course by them directly here from the SFO or from any authorized reseller.

The 7 tier display stands that I have were bought off ebay, here are the ones I bought (best pricing I could find and they are good quality): http://www.ebay.com/itm/192083467591

Hope that helps!
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

425KRS Thanks for sharing. I wish you Good luck on finding you last two mules. Don't forget to check out the mule team thread over in the picture thread section. Might fine examples of some impressive craftsmanship in there.

p.s. mighty fine knife collection you got going there.

JonesE