Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kosta

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by kosta »

kjd2121

Post by kjd2121 »

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
awa54

Post by awa54 »

memories of better weather and great cheese...

Imagea snack on Snake (mountain) by David Wimmer, on Flickr
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Going back to Caly.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
remnar

Post by remnar »

Soooo many great photos this week. Wouldn't want to be mushroom. :D :spyder:
Aliaspostmortem

Post by Aliaspostmortem »

Agree remnar! Fierce competition. I really like this thread. So many nice moments captured on photo! :-)

/ J
For reviews and other kniferelated stuff mostly in Swedish visit: http://knivigtvarre.blogspot.se/
Now also with reviews in English!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Hey all! Sorry Im a day late to post here!! but its time to announce the winners!

You all never cease to impress with these photos, and it was certainly another great week of entries. Thanks everyone!

Aliaspostmortem - I always enjoy your photos. They're framed well and are contextually very interesting!
demoncase - Love how the GLID scales 'pop' in the snow!! (or is it Jade)
pR13S7 - A nice shot that features some great texture and contrast.
Mad Mac - Great context shot with the Lum!
TALON52 - Showing off that precision tip of the Yo2 with some beautiful custom scales!
Kosta - Very creative shot! I really enjoyed this one!
kjd2121 - Showing off his sweet PPT taking care of a sour citrus fruit!
Spydergirl88 - Staying warm with the Kahr Delica around a great looking fire pit!
awa54 - A nice candid shot of a true EDC knife in action!
Speedholes - Showing off that nicely developed patina!
RadioactiveSpyder - Man, those scales are beautiful!! I'd probably have two bowies by now if they came like that from factory!
Stuart Ackerman - Very creative shot!! I was reading through your thread, and the Kalgard sounds like some interesting stuff.

and the winner of this weeks contest Remnar!
Im a big fan of Spydercos smaller offerings and the Goddard Jr. is one awesome looking little knife! The setting is lush with color and when you combine that with the context and subject matter of the photo, you've hit the nail on the head to appeal to me! Mushroom hunting is hobby of mine, and I've never actually found one of those Amanita's. It's such an infamous mushroom and they seem to prefer the West Coast, so I would consider it a grail to find one! :D Thanks for entering, and congrats on finding one!
remnar wrote:Image
the runner up this week is Johnnie1801!
This shot came out great! It reminds of a black and white photo, even with the brown of the leaves. The frost crystals seem to draw my eyes around the entire photo and the Bradley folder just seems to really fit well in this photo.
Johnnie1801 wrote:Image
Thanks again for entering!
-Nick :bug-red
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Mushroom wrote: demoncase - Love how the GLID scales 'pop' in the snow!! (or is it Jade)
remnar wrote:X
the runner up this week is Johnnie1801!
This shot came out great! It reminds of a black and white photo, even with the brown of the leaves. The frost crystals seem to draw my eyes around the entire photo and the Bradley folder just seems to really fit well in this photo.
Johnnie1801 wrote:Y
Thanks again for entering!
Great choices this week- and yes they are Glow In the Dark scales
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Congratulations Johnnie1801 and Remnar.

Many great pics this week, and one of them really knocked me out.
There are a lot of sculpted scales, but the knapped titanium was a fresh, yet stone aged look.
How did you do that, RadioactiveSpyder? My K2 is crying for modification.
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Image
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
FlexxxStrops

Post by FlexxxStrops »

pR13S7

Post by pR13S7 »

kosta

Post by kosta »

Congratulations Johnnie1801 and Remnar.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Another extreme close up this week- Fluted Millie
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
remnar

Post by remnar »

I may have played to the judge a little with that photo but all's fair in love and Spyderco photo contests, or something like that. Actually, I posted the pic before I realized mushroom was the judge. :rolleyes:

Thanks Mushroom! Amanita are quite common in these parts. The knife is an original Baby Goddard BTW. It's hard to tell the scale in that photo without any good reference for size.

I can tell that I'm already going to have a hard time this week...the few photos so far are fantastic. Keep them coming. :) :spyder:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Ooh, nice!! I really like the baby goddard too!

This weeks entry

-Nick :bug-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Mad Mac wrote:Congratulations Johnnie1801 and Remnar.

Many great pics this week, and one of them really knocked me out.
There are a lot of sculpted scales, but the knapped titanium was a fresh, yet stone aged look.
How did you do that, RadioactiveSpyder? My K2 is crying for modification.
Hi Mad Mac, sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the compliment on my Slysz Bowie. The magician behind that mod was Derrick Ryan, AKA Derk_Razor_Sharp, the owner of DRS Bladeworks from Canada. The work on the knife was originally commissioned by a fellow forumite and then I traded him for it (once I saw it, I knew it HAD to be mine!). Another excellent feature Derrick added was to scallop the lock bar a small bit so it can be forefinger-flicked, which is actually my preferred opening method now (after figuring out I could not do it at all with my middle finger, which so many others seem to do...).

The bead was made very recently by Adam Collins of Collins Custom Knives after showing him Derrick's mod and he took it from there! He did an excellent job matching the bead to the knife.

I'd say both of these guys could handle doing similar mods, and if you check out Derrick's stuff especially on Instagram, you'll see he's a frigging Ti mod master. Don't pay any attention to how he beats on his poor Nirvana though ;) :D. Hope that helps and cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King