any u guys have cudamax

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Burrellb

any u guys have cudamax

Post by Burrellb »

if anyone has the cuda maxx with the D2 blade, could you tell me how you like it as EDC, and how it is to sharpen on sharpmaker? Thanks. :spyder:
I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

I have one. EDC forget about it to big. As far the sharpmaker I don't know. But I am sure it would sharpen like any other D2 steel knife.
mjmcdowell

cuda maxx....EDC

Post by mjmcdowell »

I carry the big knife every day at work, sometimes I use it but more often than not I use a gerber multi-plier. EDC, of course! only the clip shows, I am a mail handler for the USPS and wear work pants with slash pockets and it rides real deep not noticed until the big blade appears, but then most of the guys I use it around know that at any given time I might have some differnt sharp thing about my person. be safe mjmcdowell
zeus

Post by zeus »

My Maxx is now front pocket left side tip-up( I'm a lefty) and the blade sits at the aft seam of the pants pocket. It cannot open inside the pocket due to the seam. I carry this at work 8-14 hours a day depending on the op schedule, and I don't sit at a desk all day. I climb up ladders, drive a forklifts, big rigs, work on aircraft and in cockpits. BDU pants or Chinos or jeans are used for my style carry, with a Spyderco Military in the back pocket and a folding kerambit on a belt . Tip up and drawing from the front pocket while using the guards as a wave feature makes this the fastest big knife opener I've seen !
The draw and open for the Cuda is the quickest and slickest of all my blades.
Burrellb

Thanks for reply.

Post by Burrellb »

:spyder: :spyder:
I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6