Another Cruwear Manix 2 KW Exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ovrclck

Re: Another Cruwear Manix 2 KW Exclusive?

Post by Ovrclck »

Just ordered mine today! Pretty excited as this will be my first Manix 2.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Ovrclck wrote:Just ordered mine today! Pretty excited as this will be my first Manix 2.
The Manix 2 is a great knife and Spyderco's CF is really nice, too. I have a G-10 cru-wear version and love it, the CF version I'd prefer so I'm definitely tempted.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I received mine today.
I love the CF. To me it feels just like the CF on my Dodo - not slippery-smooth like Nishijin or my CF Caly 3/3.5, but not G10-rough like the CF on my KW exclusive Manix's. Just about the best combination. And what's not to love about Cru-Wear on a hard-working knife? :)

I'm thinking I should have ordered 2!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Is the carbon fiber cracked at all on anyone's?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mine showed up absolutely perfect. Not just free dropping, but this is the first free swinging Spydie out of the box I've taken delivery of. No blade play even with the lock disengaged, and the CF is flawless, can't find a single chip or pit. The the matte finish CF is very similar to what ZT has been using on knives like the 0562CF, but the edges of the CF are very "crisp". I might do some light sanding on the edges to give them the same "soft" feel that the G10 version has.

About 4.5 gram difference on my scale:
CF Cruwear M2 4.135oz
G10 Cruwear M2 4.290oz

Ovrclck

Post by Ovrclck »

Cujobob wrote:
Ovrclck wrote:Just ordered mine today! Pretty excited as this will be my first Manix 2.
The Manix 2 is a great knife and Spyderco's CF is really nice, too. I have a G-10 cru-wear version and love it, the CF version I'd prefer so I'm definitely tempted.

Doo eeet ;)
Donut

Post by Donut »

I got mine on Friday, it is pretty darn nice.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

Mine showed up today. Great knife!

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Mine showed up Saturday, super nice piece, very different texture on the CF covers, chalky like already mentioned, I like it. Did anyone else's come hair popping sharp like mine, they sure got the grind on this one right.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Ovrclck

Post by Ovrclck »

Just received mine last night. CF, blade, all perfect. :)

adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I received mine today, I love the scales. The Manix 2 platform got me into Spyderco, and I think this is now my most favourite Manix.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

farnorthdan wrote:Mine showed up Saturday, super nice piece, very different texture on the CF covers, chalky like already mentioned, I like it. Did anyone else's come hair popping sharp like mine, they sure got the grind on this one right.
Mine was stupid sharp. It is definitely the sharpest edge I have ever received from a factory. I know Spyderco still does some sharpening by hand but they also have some robotic sharpening. The more I look at how perfect the edge is on this knife I am convinced it was their robotic sharpening.

Whoever said the CF feels chalky, that is a good description for it.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Rumour is that the liners aren't milled out. Can someone confirm?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Rumour is that the liners aren't milled out. Can someone confirm?

I can confirm that they are milled out. Plus an interesting thing is that it looks like peel-ply texture is on the inside next to the liners.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks for checking. Wait what?

@liquid_cobra
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Yea, I thought about reversing the scales but I don't think it would work with the countersunk screws.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Tabo wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Rumour is that the liners aren't milled out. Can someone confirm?

I can confirm that they are milled out. Plus an interesting thing is that it looks like peel-ply texture is on the inside next to the liners.
Yeah, it definitely looks like peel-ply on the inside of the scale.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I realize that I am late to the game on this but Holy Cow!! What a knife! Fit and finish
are perfect. It just kicked my PM2 Cruwear to the street. In fact it kicked everything out
of my EDC except my GB1. If there is anyone out there who is on the fence about this one,
like I was, pull the trigger. This is an awesome knife.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Mr Danger

Post by Mr Danger »

Any idea approximately how long these exclusives are available? Have a birthday coming up in March and would like to try to hold out until then to spoil myself. I told my wife the "last knife" about 5 knives ago...
Sharp knife / hairless arm.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mr Danger wrote:Any idea approximately how long these exclusives are available? Have a birthday coming up in March and would like to try to hold out until then to spoil myself. I told my wife the "last knife" about 5 knives ago...
They're available until they're sold out. Unfortunately, there's no real way to know when that'll be. From what I've seen this is a fairly popular exclusive and if you really want one I think I'd buy it sooner rather than later. On the other hand, you never know, maybe it will still be around in March. I know...not much help! :)

I like the Manix 2 and I also like CF and Cruwear. So for me this is the one to buy. I recently came to the realization that I have way too many knives and I need to have a little self-control. So I've been trying my best to ignore this one in hopes it'll go away.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!