New Models Dropped: Para 3, Efficient (Pics)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
laylow

Re: New Models Dropped: Para 3, Efficient (Pics)

Post by laylow »

I'm definitely grabbing an Efficient.
zeroed4x

Re: New Models Dropped: Para 3, Efficient (Pics)

Post by zeroed4x »

Thanks for sharing this with us, very informative and entertaining, thank you.
Leadsled

Re: New Models Dropped: Para 3, Efficient (Pics)hO

Post by Leadsled »

Can't wait for my Para 3 to arrive. Have wanted it since I first heard of it.
Also will purchase a Rhino. I like that it stands out from the crowd.
As for the new Value Folders, I purchased a Raven 2 last year. IMHO, it jumped the whole Value line. I guess people are mesmerized by the Round Hole. I think a byrd in Maxamet with the Comet hole would still be below a Tenacious in most people's eyes. On Facebook, someone talked about "Pride of ownership" of an actual Spyderco vs the Byrds. I think Sal Glesser outdid himself with the Raven 2. He proudly put his signature on it and I proudly own it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
dplafoll

Re: New Models Dropped: Para 3, Efficient (Pics)hO

Post by dplafoll »

Leadsled wrote:Can't wait for my Para 3 to arrive. Have wanted it since I first heard of it.
Also will purchase a Rhino. I like that it stands out from the crowd.
As for the new Value Folders, I purchased a Raven 2 last year. IMHO, it jumped the whole Value line. I guess people are mesmerized by the Round Hole. I think a byrd in Maxamet with the Comet hole would still be below a Tenacious in most people's eyes. On Facebook, someone talked about "Pride of ownership" of an actual Spyderco vs the Byrds. I think Sal Glesser outdid himself with the Raven 2. He proudly put his signature on it and I proudly own it.
Not that I'd mind, but I really doubt they put such a steel on a Byrd. Also, per Sal:
sal wrote:Hi Araneae,

Didn't think anyone noticed. :cool:

The Alcyone is a 2-3/4" blade Polestar. The Polestar is a Raven 2 without a finger-choil. and some minor adjustments.

sal
//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... 9#p1122869
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2