The best EDC Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbuzbee

Re: The best EDC Knife

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:Ken,
Thank you for support.
Did you buy N5 for Spencer?
No, poor little guy's got no thumbs. Couldn't operate the lock or use the SpydieHole. I think it would have been an exercise in frustration for him.

Ken
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

The only knives that I come close to carrying ever day are the Delica or the Kiwi 4.

The Delica knocked the Kiwi out of my daily carry though.

Anything else I carry is just for kicks.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote:
bh49 wrote:Ken,
Thank you for support.
Did you buy N5 for Spencer?
No, poor little guy's got no thumbs. Couldn't operate the lock or use the SpydieHole. I think it would have been an exercise in frustration for him.

Ken
Kobe is not interested in knives at all :eek:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote: Kobe is not interested in knives at all :eek:
Yeah, like Spencer, he's much too busy being cute.

Ken
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I've carried a lot of Spyderco blades over the years. I thought til about 5 months ago the Delica was the king EDC. Perfect size,great egos, different blade steels to choose from. Even after carrying the PM2,superleaf,Endura,UKpen,dragonfly,Pacific Salt,Police, and a Rescue the Delica seem right.

5 months ago I got a Stretch in trade. Always wanted to try one but never dropped the cash. I have to say for me this is the EDC blade for me.
laylow

Post by laylow »

PM2 in any steel or handle combo you like is my choice.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

For normal edc, love the Caly 3.5. If around saltwater the se Pacific Salt. If only allowed to have one for overall use the 204P or S110v Millie.
Last edited by Tdog on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

For normal edc, love the Caly 3.5. If around saltwater the se Pacific Salt. If only allowed to have one for overall use the 204P or S110v Millie. oops sorry dupe post.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Caly 3
Ouroboros
Delica
Going back to Caly.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

The "best" EDC :spyder:, or other brand knife, that I carry around is the one I have on me at the time. :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

Caly 3 and PM2 for me.
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

Cat. Big enough for my hand, small enough for my watch pocket. Great ergo and blade shape.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

araneae wrote:
ejcr98 wrote:DF2 in ZDP-189. Best edc for urban environment. Would love something a little bit more dressy with a smoother lock though, to carry when going out to dinner or when wearing a suit and tie for court hearings. Like CF sclaes and a compression lock with a slightly longer blade (slightly less than 2.5" so that I can still take it to court).
Chaparral?
Chaparral's blade is longer than 2.5" so it cannot be carried in U.S. Federal facilities
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Mantra 1 or the Gayle Bradley Air. I like M4...
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Cruwear Military
I've never yet tried the Cruwear but I would like to get a folder with it soon. But I'm with you 1000% on the C-36 Military model>> I have two of them that I love and use>> my current fave is the M390 Millie and I also have one with XHP.

There is just something a little extra special about those Spyders that are made at GOLDEN, CO USA Earth that just seem to be built like a skyscraper. In the past few months I've put this M390 Millie through the equivalent of a war zone.

Also the GOLDEN USA Earth NATIVE model is a pitbull of folder as well. It's a very difficult decision for me to say that one particular Spyderco model is the definitive best folder out there because they have so many that could fill that role.
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

EDC during the week, in an office setting. Delica all day. I want to get a Chap down the road which I am sure will be great as well. Weekend, PM2, but I need to get myself a Manix to rotate as well
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Without a doubt or second thought: My Spyderco Pacific Salt with H1 Stainless Steel Serrated Edged Blade and Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon handle with backlock mechanism, black FRN handle.
Ditto me on this, though I sometimes switch it out for the plain edege :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
attila

Post by attila »

A bit off topic, but I gotta ask... What might have happened to the rest of the posts before my post 37-posts ago? :confused:

I only replied to this thread, meaning that the earlier posts somehow got deleted or aren't viewable for some reason... :(

Anyone else notice or know of a good reason for this? Thanks.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
dc50

Post by dc50 »

Able Dog wrote:The only knives that I come close to carrying ever day are the Delica or the Kiwi 4.

The Delica knocked the Kiwi out of my daily carry though.

Anything else I carry is just for kicks.
Exactly! what works for me as well. On the weekend,as you said. " Anything else I carry is just for kicks". :)
dashunde

Post by dashunde »

Caly3 in jeans.
Dragonfly zdp in any kind of shorts.