New Forum Knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

New Forum Knife?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 59

Bodog

New Forum Knife?

Post by Bodog »

Stabilized buckeye burl with polished black G10 front and rear bolsters with black screws on a DLC coated Maxamet or 10V PM2 with DLC coated liners...
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: New Forum Knife?

Post by Doc Dan »

I do not understand your thread. Are you asking us to vote for your choice of a forum knife or just a forum knife in general?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Just an idea with an up vote or down vote. Trying to keep from being too generalized. But other ideas would be great.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Of course I'd buy one if made, just not another Native, I'd really like to see something different.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Yes please.
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Yes but no more Native.I'd like to see a Para2 forum knife :cool: :spyder:

Marius
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Stabilized Buckeye burl and polished G10 would price it out of my range. I'd pick something else less expensive. Maxamet or 10V, K390, any of those would be dandy. I can understand wanting stainless for a forum knife . Just not 440C for me.

Joe
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Yes to forum knife, no to Native, PM2 and Manix. They're all good knives but done to death and beyond IMO
What i'd like to see is perhaps the new ATR with Ti scales or some cool variant of one of the Caly's
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Larry_Mott wrote:Yes to forum knife, no to Native, PM2 and Manix. They're all good knives but done to death and beyond IMO
What i'd like to see is perhaps the new ATR with Ti scales or some cool variant of one of the Caly's
In for a cool ATR. Carbon steel? M4 or K390....carbon fiber. In for a few for sure

It's the only knife in the new lineup that is a guaranteed purchase for me.
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

UKPK titanium scales and a Maxamet blade would be ace!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

If we were having a new forum knife I would like to see something in M390. A Caly3 in that steel would be great, or Elmax. There may be other steel options, but I would need to think on it some. The new Para 3 might do, but we will need to see once we have one in hand. A 3V Military would be nice. Foliage Green G10, please.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would love a new forum knife but you lost me at DLC. I will buy it no matter what it is though.

C'mon though, the next forum knife has to be a Para3, right?

I also like the idea of a Jazz Delica as a forum knife. It is a knife that was born of the forum itself. Goldenrod FRN with either ZDP or HAP40?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Is it possible to have a forum knife that doesn't say "Forum Knife" and a bunch of other words on the blade? To answer your next question...because it could still be a unique offering!
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I also like the idea of a Jazz Delica as a forum knife. It is a knife that was born of the forum itself. Goldenrod FRN with either ZDP or HAP40?
This is probably my favorite suggestion as of yet! The Jazz Delica's definitely going to be a heavy user for a lot of people, and a super steel model would be incredible! I have no experience with ZDP, but HAP40 has been great for me, so Id love to see this happen.
-Nick :bug-red
Studey

Post by Studey »

bearfacedkiller wrote: I also like the idea of a Jazz Delica as a forum knife. It is a knife that was born of the forum itself. Goldenrod FRN with either ZDP or HAP40?
Fan-freaking-tastic suggestion!!!
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

:p .......pom-pom-pom Para3 pom-pom-pom- maxamet pom-pom-pom darkgreen G10..... :p
WMR

Post by WMR »

The closer they get to a Caly 3.5 super blue, the more likely I would buy it. I don't care what they say on the blade. Any wood burl scales, like the fore mentioned Buckeye Burl, or better yet, Amboyna would be worth $100 more.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Would love to see a titanium Mantra 2 XL, no bearings, S110v steel or other good stainless/lcn200n. Good around salt and freshwater, great all purpose knife. Caly 3.5 would also be fantastic.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Linerless Manix2 Carbon Fiber lightweight... I can dream right?
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I saw on the Spydermeet the linerless PM2 fluted CF Proto and I think it would be a great forum knife and to make it complete add some M390 :)