Unabridged Unapologetic Case for the Para Military 2 Left Hand *

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clip

Re: Unabridged Unapologetic Case for the Para Military 2 Left Hand *

Post by Clip »

I requested by email info on the possibility of pulling some Cruwear Military blades off of the line before grinding right-hand lock faces on the tangs, but no response. I was hoping to send a lefty Military in to get a replacement Cruwear blade fitted. Didn't get a response, but I'm sure it would have been a headache for the ones dealing with a special request like that.

One can hope for another lefty model sometime.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Clip wrote:I requested by email info on the possibility of pulling some Cruwear Military blades off of the line before grinding right-hand lock faces on the tangs, but no response. I was hoping to send a lefty Military in to get a replacement Cruwear blade fitted. Didn't get a response, but I'm sure it would have been a headache for the ones dealing with a special request like that.

One can hope for another lefty model sometime.

I admire your ingenuity. Desperate times.... you had to try. Hey, after all Jazz, too, had a special request.

A Cruwear Lefty Military would be sweet!
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Just read about the g10 caly 3 maybe coming back- maybe we can keep our hopes up for another lefty run of military's
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Sully

Post by Sully »

Unapologetic bump....in celebration of August 13th,International Left-Handers Day!

Here's to hoping Sal deems this day, this thread, and us very patient lefties worthy of a much-anticipated update on where things truly stand regarding once again having just one dedicated lefty folder included among Spyderco's many magnificent offerings. A Jazzed-up Delica Wharnie already materialized in the time it takes to "Spydie drop," proving where there's a will there's a way. I hold onto faith that there is a will. Sal, Eric, Tom, is there a way?

Happy Lefty Day to ALL... even the "wrong-handed" among us! :p
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I saw this on my Spyderco calendar yesterday and it made me think of you Sully. Happy left handers day!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Sully

Post by Sully »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I saw this on my Spyderco calendar yesterday and it made me think of you Sully. Happy left handers day!
Thanks, LC, my Honorary Lefty friend! Did not know the "big" day is marked on the Spyderco calendar. Don't have one. Good to know!

Still hoping Sal will update us. Day ain't over yet! :D

Nate

Post by Nate »

I'll raise a glass (in my left handl to all us lefties today, cheers! :)
:spyder:
SuperBee

Post by SuperBee »

I'm all in for the LH PM2. Even if you make the scales out of Play Doh and blade with aluminum foil.

I say we call it the "Sully" sprint. Only proven lefties can get first dibs.
Sully

Post by Sully »

SuperBee wrote:I'm all in for the LH PM2. Even if you make the scales out of Play Doh and blade with aluminum foil.

I say we call it the "Sully" sprint. Only proven lefties can get first dibs.
Thanks for the support, SuperBee! I also have such total faith in Spyderco using the highest quality materials that I have very little concern about blade steel or scale material choice. Would just hope for something as unique and interesting as us lefties. As other lefties have said, this could be a "once in a lifetime lefty knife."

Lefties seem to be really looking forward to this. Lots of truly experimental righties are into getting their other hand on an LH too. Very cool!

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Respectfully, lefties make up only about 10 percent of the population! As a business, is it worth it to retool for a 10% segment since there are plenty of ambidextrous Spydercos.

Happy Left Handers Day (August 13th)!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Nate

Post by Nate »

RamZar wrote:Respectfully, lefties make up only about 10 percent of the population! As a business, is it worth it to retool for a 10% segment since there are plenty of ambidextrous Spydercos.

I posted in a left-hand related thread on bf this morning that is relevant here, just slightly revised.

Can I work pretty much any lock with either hand? Yes.

Do I prefer to use right hand liner and frame locks? No, not at all.

I got a LH Military a few years ago when they went on closeout and it pretty much ruined all RH frame and liner locks for me. About the only RH lock exception I make in general these days is for the compression lock on my Para2s.

I don't want to be a whiner about the lack of more LH specific models, it is what it is and I understand why it's problematic for most manufacturers to make them, but it crosses a **** of a lot of knives I might otherwise be interested in off my list. Guess it's good for my wallet, but it doesn't hurt to ask Sal to throw us a bone every now and then :)

Even if they only did one lefty specific knife every 10 years it would be awesome of them, given that there are so many ambi options available. Maybe it would be practical for them and maybe it wouldn't, but the fact that they've done it before and apparently will consider it again is testament to why I think so highly of this company.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Nate wrote:
RamZar wrote:Respectfully, lefties make up only about 10 percent of the population! As a business, is it worth it to retool for a 10% segment since there are plenty of ambidextrous Spydercos.

I posted in a left-hand related thread on bf this morning that is relevant here, just slightly revised.

Can I work pretty much any lock with either hand? Yes.

Do I prefer to use right hand liner and frame locks? No, not at all.

I got a LH Military a few years ago when they went on closeout and it pretty much ruined all RH frame and liner locks for me. About the only RH lock exception I make in general these days is for the compression lock on my Para2s.

I don't want to be a whiner about the lack of more LH specific models, it is what it is and I understand why it's problematic for most manufacturers to make them, but it crosses a **** of a lot of knives I might otherwise be interested in off my list. Guess it's good for my wallet, but it doesn't hurt to ask Sal to throw us a bone every now and then :)

Even if they only did one lefty specific knife every 10 years it would be awesome of them, given that there are so many ambi options available. Maybe it would be practical for them and maybe it wouldn't, but the fact that they've done it before and apparently will consider it again is testament to why I think so highly of this company.
Nicely handled, Nate. You make us 10%ers proud. You also make quite a convicting case for just one Spydie LH, biased as I am.

Hope Sal gets a chance to read your thoughts.

lpc

Post by lpc »

I'm left handed and have been buying folders for over 25 years. At this point if a knife isn't left handed or ambi, I am just not interested. A left handed paramilitary would get me to pull out my wallet.
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Sweet Christmas it's really happening boys!!! Get your wallets ready, I really didn't think it would happen but I said it earlier in this thread that I would buy two lefty military's if they were rereleased and I will. But now lefty pm2? Well I'm at a 4 knife minimum now and that's if they only release black g10/s30v versions. If they release more versions I will just work more weekends. Please support this move as much as you can by sal as I'm sure it was him who put in a good word for us based on this very thread! Special mention to sully for starting this thread. Absolutely cannot wait to hold a mirror compression lock for the first time!!!
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Just a reminder that sal mentioned earlier in this thread a probable run of 500 worldwide. Get in early!
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

I will mention this in my home forum,Australian blade forum and rally the leftys.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Thank you Sal!!!

I'll be in for a lefty Para2, maybe 2. Probably should get a back-up lefty Military too, but there are several other abmi models in the new catalog I'm interested in as well. May make for some tough :spyder: decisions.

Congrats all!
millwright

Post by millwright »

Thanks you so much Sal

I'm more excited by this than any other knife release ever. I'm definitely going to have to get two of these maybe three.
Saxconnection

Post by Saxconnection »

How amazingly awesome! I saw the lefty military had come back, and my best friend is getting one. (He doesn't know it yet ;)...) But then I saw the lefty PM2! HOW DID I MISS THAT!!! Spyderco continues to amaze me. Yet another reason that spyderco remains my favorite company. Knife or otherwise.

I'm in for a new PM2 also. I tried using my left hand to close my PM2 (I'm a righty)...**** near impossible for me. But I think a lefty version might work for both hands.
Adam

Currently looking for...Stretch C90PBLE......PM2 C81CFPE2...Custom Dragonfly Scales...and my holy grail, for now-C10PSGRE-Lost it at a shoot when I had to change out a flat tire. Haven't found a replacement.

Shoot straight, stay sharp!
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Oh sure, I grab a Cruwear just to find out a lefty is coming. I can't see it bumping the CW out of pocket. I guess I'll just hope they sell out before I can get one or hope they don't make their way to Canadian dealers because im pretty sure I'll grab one if I can anyway : /
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?