Limited KBPI Manix. Only 500

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Limited KBPI Manix. Only 500

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Just saw this on the SFO Facebook page..

"Willie B showing off the very first KBPI signature knife!!!

Only 500 of this one-of-a-kind limited edition knife will be produced. If you want one, you need to pre-order NOW by calling 303-279-8383 x107 or by e-mailing us at sfo@spyderco.com. Here are the details on this amazing knife:

WILLIE B / KBPI LIMITED EDITION MANIX 2 SIGNATURE MODEL

• Designed in collaboration with legendary Denver DJ and media personality Willie B
• Exclusive limited-edition production run of only 500 pieces
• CPM® S30V® stainless steel blade with partially serrated CombinationEdge™
• Special stonewash finish with laser-engraved KBPI logo and Willie B’s signature
• Trademark Round Hole™ for ambidextrous one-handed opening
• Layered red and black textured G-10 scales with 3-D-machined “106.7”
• Stainless steel liners, backspacer, and pocket clip stonewashed to match the blade
• High-strength Ball Bearing Lock™ mechanism
• Reversible tip-up pocket clip
• MSRP $194.95, but for KBPI listeners only $116.97 (40% off!!!)

Call or e-mail now to reserve yours!!!!

Thanks, Willie and KBPI!!!!!!"
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
abbazaba

Re: Limited KBPI Manix. Only 500

Post by abbazaba »

Assuming non-skeletonized liners because it's S30v? Not that anyone buying this knife will care I suppose.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Thanks for the heads up LC! I just went and checked out the Facebook page and they had a video posted that showcased some side views of the knife.

-Nick :bug-red
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

abbazaba wrote:Assuming non-skeletonized liners because it's S30v? Not that anyone buying this knife will care I suppose.
Hi, abbazaba:
The liners for the KBPI/Willie B Manix 2 are skeletonized. As for the people buying it caring about that - you might be surprised. KBPI is a local radio station and many of their fans are Spyderco fans. Numerous members of our crew are also KBPI fans. In fact, one of the questions asked during a live facebook video yesterday with Willie B in our factory was specifically "will the liners be skeletonized?"

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

TazKristi wrote:
abbazaba wrote:Assuming non-skeletonized liners because it's S30v? Not that anyone buying this knife will care I suppose.
Hi, abbazaba:
The liners for the KBPI/Willie B Manix 2 are skeletonized. As for the people buying it caring about that - you might be surprised. KBPI is a local radio station and many of their fans are Spyderco fans. Numerous members of our crew are also KBPI fans. In fact, one of the questions asked during a live facebook video yesterday with Willie B in our factory was specifically "will the liners be skeletonized?"

Kristi
Awesome! Glad to hear... It's clearly something that I care about as well :) Any chance that the regular production version of the S30v Manix2 will start appearing with skeletonized liners?
FishStick

Post by FishStick »

Hope they don't sell out to quick. I can't pick one up until mid November
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

FishStick wrote:Hope they don't sell out to quick. I can't pick one up until mid November
Call them today and get put on the waiting list--I just did 30 min ago. They are not collecting payment until they're closer to shipping (December) per the SFO. In addition, they will call/email to let you know they are available; at that time you provide payment info..Hope this helps :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

How can they be "one of a kind" if there are 500 of them? :p
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

Doc Dan wrote:How can they be "one of a kind" if there are 500 of them? :p
The one Willie received is one of a kind because it doesn't have the stonewash.... like all the others will.
FishStick

Post by FishStick »

buccilli15 wrote:
FishStick wrote:Hope they don't sell out to quick. I can't pick one up until mid November
Call them today and get put on the waiting list--I just did 30 min ago. They are not collecting payment until they're closer to shipping (December) per the SFO. In addition, they will call/email to let you know they are available; at that time you provide payment info..Hope this helps :D
Thanks, I will call them. Honestly this is their best deal for G10 grips, and sv30 blade. I have been looking for a my first spyderco and this fits what I want
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

FishStick wrote:....Honestly this is their best deal for G10 grips, and sv30 blade....
Actually, the regular Manix 2/G10 sells for $99. It's still a great deal for a special edition knife and it does have skeletonized liners, which is a big deal to some. I'm not a KBPI listener so this doesn't really interest me. Now if they did one for Chicago's WLUP "The Loop" FM 98 I'd be all over it! :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Have these shipped yet?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

RamZar wrote:Have these shipped yet?
There's a collector's club one on eBay with pictures of the actual knife and a guy on the Spyderco Freaks Facebook page posted pics of one in hand in his house earlier this month, so at least a few have gone out.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BTG

Post by BTG »

Got mine on the 12th...so they've been going out for a while.