Number of Spyderco Knives in your collection

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Slicydicey

Number of Spyderco Knives in your collection

Post by Slicydicey »

Hey Everyone

My wife has been giving me some grief about a couple new knives I just picked up. She asked "don't you already have enough" which of course I just laughed at and continued to flip the new knife open and closed. But it did get me wondering what is the average number of Spyderco knives all you forum members have?
My spydie history Blue DELICA ffg, Dragonfly Salt, Orange dragonfly 2,Tenacious, PM2, Orange DELICA, Manix 2 LW S110V, Native 5 LW, para 3, cutlery shoppe orange S90V LW Native 5, Native 5 Salt
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Re: Number of Spyderco Knives in your collection

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Stopped collecting Spydies around 2010 or so IIRC.
I think I've about a good 30ish left.
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Currently 8. I use my knives, not much of a collector. I buy some to try. If they work well and suit my needs I use them. Those that don't I trade off.
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

123 :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

This comes up from time to time and each time it does I seem to have more than last time. I would have to count but I am still in the double digits, for now...
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I am way to lazy to go count but I would guess I am around 50 Spyderco's and I do not consider myself a collector. This is just an accumulation.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

21 so far, I've only been "collecting" for a couple years though.

Plan on always acquiring more, and I have number 22 out for delivery today.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

8 that I carry, 1 that's a backup in my bag. But I'm not done by any measure.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I have around twelve, but they are all users. Over the past year, I started dumping "safe queens". I'm very happy with my current collection--just need to add a Cru-Wear PM2!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

When I started I decided I would try to always keep it at 10 or less. I have tried hard but I have failed. At the moment I have a half dozen fixed blades, 16 folders...and I'm going to visit the Spyderco Factory Outlet next week! :rolleyes: :)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I have mine all listed in a spreadsheet I keep updated with a suggested resale value in case the worse happens ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I've gotten as high as fifty, sold some, bought some. Currently I'm at around 15-20. The lowest it's been since I started.

Original I just kept buying them but slowly I figured out that in order to continue to be married and buy knives at the same time I would have to sell some to fund the new stuff.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

demoncase wrote:I have mine all listed in a spreadsheet I keep updated with a suggested resale value in case the worse happens ;)
Now that's a good idea! I started but didn't finish (thanks for the indirect reminder!)
I have a.t.m. 117 Spydies with another on the way :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I have 16 atm and I guess I'm at the point where I prefer to sell before I buy more, looks like my g10 Native will be first to go.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Definitely caught in the Spydie web...over 100. I've probably gifted another 20 + Sharpmakers to family members. I don't party and with the exception of boating/fishing/diving expenses, stay conservative with expenditures. Gotta feed the Spyder :D
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

34 at the moment, with plans to add at least 6 more before the end of the year.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Right now 16 Spydercos with a couple more purchases planned. I own other brands too and that total is about 25. I don't worry too much about the count but inevitably I end up selling a bunch every so often.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

way too many :o the last time I did a rough count of the ones I could easily find, I was over 100, that was about 9 months ago so I'm going to guess 120-140, I think about selling some off from time to time, that doesn't usually go very well though. :rolleyes:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

22 currently including 1 kitchen knife, 6 mules, 1 fixed blade, and the rest folders. Rubicon 2, cruwear pm2, hap40 dragonfly on the way.