1 Week Dragonfly Challenge

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: 1 Week Dragonfly Challenge

Post by Sharp Guy »

My HAP40 DF's in my pocket at theater getting ready to watch Sully. After the show it'll be headed across the street to the Cantina for Margaritas and Mexican food. Not sure if the little Dragonfly will be needed but it'll be ready for action. :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Jazz wrote:
Slumblor wrote:I got my first Dragonfly on Wednesday this week, after being convinced by the folks over on BF.
It's your thread and your fault I started this one. Enjoy your new knife.

I just cut up an apple and orange for lunch with the H1.

I wondered if it was. You're welcome.
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Oh I don't even consider this a challenge! That is, as long as I can still use a kitchen knife. Ever since getting a HAP40 (my first and only Dragonfly), it's made quite an impression on me and really fits me well. It can be easily overwhelmed by kitchen duty, but other than that it usually makes me feel silly for ever carrying a larger knife. I'd be happy to spend a week with it! I'll start tomorrow.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Awesome, guys. Don't forget to report your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. For it's size, I think it's a great knife. Clip on, it still can go in bottom of pocket comfortably, if the need or desire is there. Shirt pocket clipped works too. It's cute and NKP friendly. It's tough... Anyway, here's a gif of my most used grip...

- best wishes, Jazz.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice pic, Sharpguy. I have to add, I find the grip I showed is very secure because of the handle's "cup". It holds your middle finger right in the back of the handle, with or without a fob. I do like the handle extension the fob gives it though, and it stays out of the way if you throw it in your pocket, just like the wonderful Manbug. This thing also opens nicely 2 handed, which I use a lot, as well as 1 handed. The clip aids greatly in one hand opening on this knife... except on my stainless one - it's not placed right on there, and I find it hard to open one handed. I wish it had the wire clip, and was jimped and shaped like the Dragonfly 2. Can you please change the stainless one, Sal? It's a lovely little gem otherwise. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

A couple new beauties showed up in the mail yesterday making this a little more difficult, but they are taking a back seat to the G10 DF2 today!

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice. I know how you feel. I just got a Sage 5 and Mantra, but I'm still using the Dflies.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

araneae

Post by araneae »

I'll play.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
harronek

Post by harronek »

I carried my DF2 today due to this thread , but it felt disloyal and disrespectful to my Delica's , so one day is all that I'm prepared to endure .

Ken
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I really struggle with wanting the G10 version but I don't want the extra weight. I wish they'd make it in solid G10 with minimal liners.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Evil D wrote:I really struggle with wanting the G10 version but I don't want the extra weight. I wish they'd make it in solid G10 with minimal liners.
Today was the first day in a long time that I carried my G10 version because I'd carry the Chaparral over it every time. It's really nice, but I definitely prefer the linerless FRN when I reach for a DF2... It's just platform perfection IMHO. Though I have been tempted to try some custom scales.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

araneae wrote:I'll play.
Nice collection there, Nick, and good to see you, bro.
harronek wrote:I carried my DF2 today due to this thread , but it felt disloyal and disrespectful to my Delica's , so one day is all that I'm prepared to endure .

Ken
It's okay. At least you left behind a nice pic of a cool mod. I hear my Delicas calling me too.
abbazaba wrote:
Evil D wrote:I really struggle with wanting the G10 version but I don't want the extra weight. I wish they'd make it in solid G10 with minimal liners.
Today was the first day in a long time that I carried my G10 version because I'd carry the Chaparral over it every time. It's really nice, but I definitely prefer the linerless FRN when I reach for a DF2... It's just platform perfection IMHO. Though I have been tempted to try some custom scales.
I want some Cuscadi G10 ones with the Anso texture badly.
- best wishes, Jazz.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I picked up the G-10 version used on the cheap and honestly hardly carry it. FRN is the way to go for the D'fly. The SS version feels like a tank and I keep it mostly for sentimental reasons.

Jazz wrote:
araneae wrote:I'll play.
Nice collection there, Nick, and good to see you, bro.
Thanks, a couple didn't make the pic, and I have another inbound from the massdrop bluebox last week.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Started my day off with my favorite. I carried this one almost exclusively for a year or more clipless in pocket (which I still prefer) at an office job. The orange has faded quite a bit next to a brand new Seki FRN, but everything about it is still solid.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Another nice pic. I just sharpened my black one. The factory edge was to shallow for me. Now look out boxes tomorrow.
- best wishes, Jazz.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Sharp Guy wrote:Image
The Blue Goose in Addison is where my wife and I celebrated the day we found out we were preggers...no idea it was twins at the time. The make margaritas like they love you there. Good tamales too
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

twinboysdad wrote:The Blue Goose in Addison is where my wife and I celebrated the day we found out we were preggers...no idea it was twins at the time. The make margaritas like they love you there. Good tamales too
We like the Blue Goose in Highland Village because it's in the outdoor mall that we frequent. There's a new one in Grapevine but it's too close to the expressway to enjoy the outdoor patio. Their margaritas are good and I agree on the tamales. I had Tacos Frescos the other day and they were very good!

There's a place in Colleyville called Anna's Mexican Grill that we visit often with friends. Their frozen margaritas are to die for. They're quite large and one will make you forget all your troubles, two and you might forget your name and you'll probably need an Uber to get home. Thankfully my girlfriend usually volunteers to drive home. :D
vivi

Post by vivi »

I have a Dragonfly but the handle isn't very comfortable and the blade length leaves something to be desired for certain tasks. What do I have to gain by carrying it for a week?