Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

That's a great price!! Too bad they're pink! Can always get out the Rit dye I guess.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Great price indeed! Thanks Spydergirl!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Even a g10 d-fly is $10 more than that price!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Massdrop is doing another one of those "blue box" lottery deals on the dragonfly.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Massdrop has Memory potentially at $140. Great knife. Super deal.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
calebj06

Post by calebj06 »

Wow. Never heard of massdrop. Cool deal on the dragonfly
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

calebj06 wrote:Wow. Never heard of massdrop. Cool deal on the dragonfly
I've picked up a few from Massdrop, some really good deals but be prepared to wait a while for shipping, the ones I've joined in on have taken at least a month before receiving. I've never done the blue box deal but am tempted, just to see how my luck is. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Did anyone end up picking up this pink Large Lum? I'm tempted but will pass as I really need to save my pennies for the Cruwear PM2 and eventual Maxamet LW Native.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

If I had the cash I'd buy and dye that Lum.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Very tempted but a few pre-orders have my cash at the moment.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm in for 3 pre-orders now. I hope they're spaced out over a few months.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:Did anyone end up picking up this pink Large Lum?
Mine arrived today. Bought it for my SO who has a decent sized pink spydie collection at this point. Action is as smooth as my Sage 1, but with that satisfying twack of a blade this size. Shape of the blade seems like this will be an excellent food prep knife. Read some older posts of people taking the clip off to give it more of a refined look, couldn't agree more. At this price point this is definitely a score in my book! Will use the Lum as my bargaining chip to pull the old "One for you, one for me" trick when the Cru-Wear PM2 drops. :D :rolleyes:
2016-09-26 17.23.43.jpg
2016-09-26 17.23.21.jpg
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:Did anyone end up picking up this pink Large Lum?
Mine arrived today. Bought it for my SO who has a decent sized pink spydie collection at this point.
2016-09-26 17.23.43.jpg
2016-09-26 17.23.21.jpg
KKC: Knife looking knife, and very tempting. I really like the lines of thus blade!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Groupon sent me an EXTRA25 coupon code good thru 27 Sep and I couldn't resist the black Aqua Salt SE for $80.98 plus tax --> $84.22 :cool: (really wanted a Junpmaster, but I'd like to check this one out either way). It was really tough not to stock up on Salt 1's, Pac Salts, etc, but fortunately, I think it's good for only one purchase. When checking out, it refused to complete the purchase many times, saying there was something wrong with my address and even suggested I might want to have it sent to a neighbor. I called outsourced customer svs to no avail, went back and repeated the order a couple of times. Finally accidentally successfully ordered it forgetting to use the code :o , successfully instantly cancelled the order, and then miraculously got the order to work with the code :p

A word about the Mike Draper. (They also have it, for $160.49 after the EXTRA25 discount.) This knife seemed sort of the antithesis of my style when I first saw it in the catalog, but I handled one and was surprised at the smooth action and solid feel of the solid titanium handles. I guess it appealed to my inner "Dr. Jones" or something (thinking of Cuscadi's antique Dr Jones treatment). I have been surprised at some unexpected aberrations in my taste of late.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
swigert

Post by swigert »

DougC-3 wrote:Groupon sent me an EXTRA25 coupon code good thru 27 Sep and I couldn't resist the black Aqua Salt SE for $80.98 plus tax --> $84.22 :cool: (really wanted a Junpmaster, but I'd like to check this one out either way). It was really tough not to stock up on Salt 1's, Pac Salts, etc, but fortunately, I think it's good for only one purchase. When checking out, it refused to complete the purchase many times, saying there was something wrong with my address and even suggested I might want to have it sent to a neighbor. I called outsourced customer svs to no avail, went back and repeated the order a couple of times. Finally accidentally successfully ordered it forgetting to use the code :o , successfully instantly cancelled the order, and then miraculously got the order to work with the code :p

A word about the Mike Draper. (They also have it, for $160.49 after the EXTRA25 discount.) This knife seemed sort of the antithesis of my style when I first saw it in the catalog, but I handled one and was surprised at the smooth action and solid feel of the solid titanium handles. I guess it appealed to my inner "Dr. Jones" or something (thinking of Cuscadi's antique Dr Jones treatment). I have been surprised at some unexpected aberrations in my taste of late.
\

I think I would love the drawer but I can't get past the handle, I looked at getting the design removed but I couldn't stomach the cost.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

swigert wrote:
I think I would love the draper but I can't get past the handle, I looked at getting the design removed but I couldn't stomach the cost.
When I first saw the pictures, the handle was a turnoff to me, but seeing it in person recently, it reminded me of older forum knives and others with the web motif. I think it'll be quite collectible a few years down the road. I never thought I'd like a blue fluted Millie, but I wound up buying the first one I ever held in hand. My main gripe about the Draper would be that it's so right handed. To me, Millies are totally ambidextrous, but the Draper would be a right- or 2-hand closer. Also the clip is a little peculiar, but I think i'd get used to it, or maybe remove it. I don't think the standard hourglass clip would go well with this design.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Thanks for the heads up! I always wanted one of these and the color not only makes it unique, it also helps you find it when you drop it in the woods. :)
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

Saw this earlier today, man that's an awesome price. I almost jumped all over it, but I'm planning on throwing this month's cash at a Gayle Bradley 2 this weekend. May have to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out for next payday and grab one of these.
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
bh49

Hungarian

Post by bh49 »

Not the hottest knife, but still fine piece of Art.
$150 (55% off) at Amazon and even less at Amazon marketplace.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian