Your EDC On Tuesday, September 11, 2001

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Water Bug

Your EDC On Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Post by Water Bug »

Do you recall what you were EDCing on Tuesday, September 11, 2001...?

Over the years, we've recounted on this Forum where we were and what we were doing on Tuesday, September 11, 2001... and, I would like to ask on the 15th observance of that day...

Do You Remember What You Were EDCing During The Events Of Tuesday, September 11, 2001?

For me, I was on active duty and had a Buck 110 Folding Hunter, Leatherman Supertool, MINI MAGLITE, and, I believe, a Leatherman Tool Adapter, strapped to my BDU belt. I also had an Imperial Boy Scouts Pocket Knife and a SLIP-N-SNIP Scissors in my pockets.

How about you?
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Skaaphaas

Re: Your EDC On Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Post by Skaaphaas »

I was still a boy on the farm. It was late afternoon here when we got the news.

I owned only one knife, which I carried every day, a Victorinox SAK, a very basic model.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Buck Squire in my back pocket and a Schrade LB1 on my key ring, as I had yet to discover Spyderco.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was at home with a day off along with my wife. I had my Endura PE "G-2" in my pocket as I always did for around 10 years. That knife went through a lot including swimming in the ocean, the pool here, trips through the washer and dryer in pants pocket. It is still very usable with the FRN clip still on but too loose to use. It is glass smooth opening and closing. I have carried an Endura ( along with other types when needed) of one sort or another since 92. My pocket now has a HAP 40 Endura.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Victorinox Executive. Thank you for your service.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I was a sophomore in college, so the only thing I EDC'd in those days was a student ID and a drivers license. I didn't even have a cell phone! At the time I had even less on me, since I had just taken a shower, I was standing there in a towel when the news came on, and I spent the next few hours in that state in a friends room watching the news.
Last edited by tvenuto on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I was carrying a native 2 plain edge.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

That day predated my Spyderco days. I was probably carrying either a Gerber EAB or my work box knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ArmaliteKnight

Post by ArmaliteKnight »

I had a SS S/E Scorpious and a variety of "others" but I had neither on my person. I was a Freshman in high school and rules are rules.
Spydies I own:
Domino Blue CF
K2 Farid Mehr Bowie
Delica 4 FRN w/Emerson wave
PM2 in digicam
Spyderfly balisong
Harpy SS
Matriarch2 FRN w/Emerson wave
GOD BLESS JOHN NOVESKE R.I.P
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Strider SnG, it is what I carry every day.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I had just turned on the open sign at the gunshop and poured a cup of coffee, flipped on Fox News just as the first plane struck. Horrified that it happened, but not completely surprised.

RFP.....PE Endura, SAK Executive

LFP......SE Endura, SAK Tinker
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Benchmade Boguszewski 640 Mini Spike clipped in my RF pocket, Schrade 8OT stockman in my left front pocket and my Leatherman Wave on my belt. Probably hade several other knives on me at the time, but those are the ones I certainly had.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I believe it was my Ladybug in AUS-8 and would have been in my FRP.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

If I did not yet have an Assist, then it would have been one of the several Rescue models I have carried for the past couple of decades. I think this is before I started carrying a Gunting,in addition to the Rescue/Assist, because I think the Gunting came along after 2001. (I know I was EDC-ing a Gunting by early 2003, when I traveled to a seminar taught by Bram Frank in April.)

I do know what I was doing the morning of September 11, 2001. The garbage collector truck was late, and for some reason I was late getting in bed, after working a night shift, and took the opportunity to do some extra cleaning, in order to put more into the trash container. We were scheduled to move later in the month, so were constantly going through things that should be donated, sold, or thrown away. My neighbor, Howard Miller, walked from his front door, and asked me if I knew two airplanes had crashed into two buildings in New York City. My first thought was "terrorists." There was not a second of denial. I had been expecting suicidal terrorists to hijack an airplane, and use the airplane as a guided missile, since the late Seventies.