A question for Mr Glesser and Spyderco (Clipped Manbug)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I'd love to see a variation of the Manbug/Ladybug with a wire pocketclip.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Any further consideration to this Sal?
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

jackknifeh wrote:This gives me an idea. I have the G-10 Manbug and have made a few sets of scales for it. I might make a set and put a clip on the scale for right hand clipped. I think I'd need to eliminate the lanyard hole I don't know how to attach it. I could cut grooves and just glue it to a scale. Since this knife has bolsters the scales can be removed without disassembling the knife. Adding or removing the clip could be done by swapping the scale. I'd need a third scale for the clip if it were to match the other side. Or an entire new set. Will be thinking on this.
I was at the hardware store the other day and I do not know what to call them, but there are these tubes (don't know how else to describe them) with threads on the inside that you can insert into something and then put a screw in it. You might find one of these things to fit the lanyard hole and then use a wider head screw to mount the clip (after cutting the channels for the clip). In fact, there are double sided screws, one side male and the other side female, that might work.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
EF82

Post by EF82 »

Count me in would love a pocket clip for the ladybug. the zdp-189 Ladybug is a perfect small folder but don't get much pocket time due to lacking a pocket-clip.
The ability to keep the ladybug in my shirt-pocket or in my shorts in the summertime would be absolutely awesome :)
Please Sal make it happen.
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

A wire clip on the Manbug would be very manly!

I'm in for bolstered Manbug with a wire clip. While I'm at it why not titanium bolstered Manbug with carbon fiber scales, stonewashed blade and stonewashed wire clip in a high end steel? Can somebody say Sprint Run :)
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

duplicate post, sorry :(
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
40mm

Re: A question for Mr Glesser and Spyderco (Clipped Manbug)

Post by 40mm »

Thread revival! I'd really like to see a wire clipped Manbug. Any updates on this? Is there is any sort of chance of this happening? There were a few posts a while back that gave a glimmer of hope.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Please don't put a clip on the Manbug!
It's just right the way it is!
A clip would add to bulk and weight and would spoil the clean lines!
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Clips are removable. Don't want or use it, take it off. Think you may need it screw it back on. Options are good!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 40mm,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the thread revival. I'll add it to the R&D meeting. It's an important addition that we've been too busy to follow up.

sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm a big fan of clips on knives but I don't think I'd want one on the MB/LB.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I have been carrying a manbug almost daily lately. (Despite the lack of H1 :D ) A pocket clip would make a lot of sense to me, and be a welcome addition, as long as it is removable.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

See! Zombies are real! The dead do come back to life!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Excellent! Let me know if you'd like me to sit in on the meeting so I can give some input. :D
sal wrote:Hi 40mm,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the thread revival. I'll add it to the R&D meeting. It's an important addition that we've been too busy to follow up.

sal
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I'd definitely be in for a couple. Not so much for clipping to a pocket but rather for places it would be convenient to have a LBK handy. The first place to come to mind is elastic strap on my visor to reach for while opening mail and packages in the car.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Excellent! Let me know if you'd like me to sit in on the meeting so I can give some input. :D
sal wrote:Hi 40mm,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

40mm wrote:Clips are removable. Don't want or use it, take it off. Think you may need it screw it back on. Options are good!
Adding all of the different holes and options to knives sometimes really takes away from their appeal.

Maybe a short lanyard based clip?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Cujobob wrote:
40mm wrote:Clips are removable. Don't want or use it, take it off. Think you may need it screw it back on. Options are good!
Adding all of the different holes and options to knives sometimes really takes away from their appeal.

Maybe a short lanyard based clip?
I like the sound of a lanyard based clip. Years ago, Gerber came out with their LST folder that featured a removable plastic pocket clip. The clip attached by snapping through the lanyard hole and was secured via one flat head screw.
True, this system wouldn't work as well on a heavier knife, but something like this could surely be done on the lighter FRN knives like the Manbug and/Ladybug.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My vote on a clip on the Manbug: a resounding NO thank you.

It's pretty easy to add a clip to them already...

TEC Accessories P-7 suspension clip. They come up for sale on Massdrop all the time.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dwong

Post by dwong »

Option will always be nice. :)
My clip works great on the LB, the Salt1 also need a new clip too, the current clip is too tight to fit on jean etc.