Anyone on board for a BBS Smurf Blue Dice?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fanch_Man

Anyone on board for a BBS Smurf Blue Dice?

Post by Fanch_Man »

It occurred to me the other day that BentoBoxShop should work with Spyderco on releasing another one of their smurf blue exclusives with an "upgraded" steel: the Dice. I emailed them and they said they'd take it into consideration! (I hope it's okay to say that...) Out of curiosity, would anybody else be interested in such a project?
Johnnie1801

Re: Anyone on board for a BBS Smurf Blue Dice?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I like my Dice and would love to see one like the BBS Domino but I don't think it would happen. The Dice doesn't seem to be as popular and I don't think people would prepared to pay BBS' price for one (the current Dice is expensive enough).
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Typically I'm down for as much blue as possible but I'm just not a fan of the dice. It has a squished appearance to me.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
timlara

Post by timlara »

The Dice is just a bit small for my tastes as well. Combined with the fact that the Smurf Blue Domino appears to have been a *really* slow mover for BBS, I don't see any way they'd do a similar run for the DIce.

I personally like my blue Domino and Sage 3, but it seems like it's not a favored hue with most knife knuts.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I like the steel of the blue Domino but prefer CF myself. And I am with the Dice being just a squashed Domino to me. I would be shocked if they do it since they lowered the price of the blue Domino and they still can't sell them all.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yes indeed, no doubt about it. :)

Dice is an incredible knife, and amazingly underrated.
Being perceived as a "squashed" brother of the Domino or not, sometimes that's all the knife I need and want, and it handles great.

I'd like to see one in a tool steel.
Going back to Caly.