Nirvana Titanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ncmiked

Re: Nirvana Titanium

Post by Ncmiked »

Eric Glesser wrote:Hi Rangerover,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. Can you please send back your knife and we would be happy to work on the issue. We apologize for the frustrations and will try our best to correct them.

Please send it Attention Eric Glesser with your contact information.

Thanks Much
Eric
As predicted. Class act Eric!

Sorry if I come across as a Spyderco "suck up"..
vanatomas

Post by vanatomas »

vanatomas wrote:To all, does anyone have some visuals on how to apply pencil graphite?
Got knife is same lock matter, cleaned it, tried to add graphite, but not much is being applied there.
anyone?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

vanatomas wrote:
vanatomas wrote:To all, does anyone have some visuals on how to apply pencil graphite?
Got knife is same lock matter, cleaned it, tried to add graphite, but not much is being applied there.
anyone?
To apply pencil graphite on Liner and Frame locks, I generally just sharpen a #2 pencil to a very sharp, thin point and then "draw" it onto the area of the blade's tang that engages the locking tab. Another thing to try is to use a Q-tip dipped in a bit of bore cleaner and wipe it on the tang of the blade to remove any excess oil.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Eric Glesser wrote:Hi Rangerover,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. Can you please send back your knife and we would be happy to work on the issue. We apologize for the frustrations and will try our best to correct them.

Please send it Attention Eric Glesser with your contact information.

Thanks Much
Eric
What a class act, as predicted...even though not well deserved. Yeah...I could never be a product business owner, ha!
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

Be careful. Some will claim you're a problem too because you don't think you should get an expensive knife that LOCKS OUT !!

If it's a known problem, then Spyderco should have done proper maintenance on the Nirvana and shipped out WORKING PROPERLY !!
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

The Mastiff wrote:I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to help rangerover. He's not here for that. He isn't trying to resolve problems or gather information unless it agrees with his own perceptions. Maybe after the lashing out stage he'll be more receptive.
It's not a "perception" that the knife won't close with SEVERE LOCK OUT !!

Buying something new that doesn't work and expecting that you have to do "maintenance" on it before it does work properly is not "perception".

Here is a very extreme example for your benefit......you buy a new car, take it home, it looks really nice but it doesn't run properly. And then they tell you HOW YOU NEED TO DO A TUNEUP ON IT TO MAKE IT RUN PROPERLY !!

P.S. note the other threads on here asking how to properly apply graphite etc. .......it's NOT JUST AN ISOLATED ISSUE OR "PERCEPTION", like you want to play off.
di81ni

Post by di81ni »

HEY RANGEROVER! ENOUGH WITH THE CAPS LOCK ALREADY! Is it sticky as well lol
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

jabba359 wrote:On one hand, I'm completely sympathetic to the OP for spending the money he did and getting a knife that doesn't seem to function properly. If I had spent ~$430 on a knife and it stuck so bad it took two hands to unlock, then I'd be extremely disappointed too.

On the other hand, I'm completely baffled when an extremely simple solution is available and the person refuses to accept anything other than utter outrage. Either try the simple fix or return the knife and get your money back. Hey, it's even cool to come here and share your frustrations with spending a lot of money and getting something you thought was unacceptable. But when you absolutely refuse to listen to reason and question the integrity of the owner and his son, that's going too far.

A BUSINESS RUNS A QC CHECK ON PRODUCTS. PARTICULARLY A "BRAND NEW KNIFE".

Spyderco sent these Nirvana knifes out KNOWING ABOUT THE LOCK OUT !!

They should have done whatever maintenance was required.....cleaning and applying graphite BEFORE THEY SENT THEM OUT !!
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I am very sorry you do not have the patience or the know-how to deal with a problem that so many of us have already reported, but so many of us have reported the solution.

Unlike Sal, Eric rarely posts on this forum, something we hope we can convince him to do more of in the future but it's his deal and his choice.)

---the patience or the know-how to deal with a problem that so many of us have already reported,---

You're missing my point......if Spyderco had a proper and effective QC department there would "NOT BE DOZENS OF PEOPLE WITH THE LOCK OUT PROBLEM" to begin with at all !!

Especially, when they received the FIRST BATCH OF A BRAND NEW KNIFE as they enter a more expensive $$$ category.

It might be that Spyderco should just stick with Delicas and Natives and Byrd.
Ncmiked

Post by Ncmiked »

Are you going to take up Eric's offer and send in the knife or not?
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

rennet wrote:
RangeRover wrote:Look at the video.....everyone is having problems !!!

https://youtu.be/498w-iOcQkk

And the ones who are suck ups to Spyderco say it's not really a problem, BUT IT IS !!

It's funny that you've linked that video, because if you look at the followup video it says "Spyderco Nirvana Update-No More Lock Stick!"

https://youtu.be/83X0nGjO4q0

And what's even FUNNIER in the video, is when he says "THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE SENT A KNIFE OUT WITH THIS LOCKOUT TO BEGIN WITH" !!
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

Ncmiked

You just signed up a WEEK AGO, and have 27 posts already on Nirvana not being a problem !!

That tells me you work for Spyderco QC and know you did such a bad job that you are just trying to downplay the DEFECT !!

You should be fired !!
Ncmiked

Post by Ncmiked »

In today's news, a special grand jury is being convened on whether federal chargers should brought against Spyderco's QC department. Apparently, a knife with a "sticky" lockbar has ruffed the feathers of a owner. According to the Attoney General, the FBI is being pulled off the Hillary Clinton email scandal to investigate. We'll bring you updates as "Stickgate" unfolds.
Last edited by Ncmiked on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Over the line Smokey!

If you have a problem with a product then give the manufacturer the chance to make it right. That is the right thing to do. You called Eric's integrity into question and he took the high road and asked for the opportunity to make it right. You now seem as though that's not enough and you want something else. What is it that you are after? You are now making all sorts of accusations and behaving in a very disrespectful manner. You can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Just a tip for next time as I think that ship may have already sailed this time.

My advice is to either send it in, return it to the seller or sell it. Whatever you decide to do I think it is time you just move on.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

RangeRover wrote:Ncmiked

You just signed up a WEEK AGO, and have 27 posts already on Nirvana not being a problem !!

That tells me you work for Spyderco QC and know you did such a bad job that you are just trying to downplay the DEFECT !!

You should be fired !!
And your totally negative posts, in this thread and elsewhere, could make people wonder if you're a former Spyderco employee who was fired, perhaps for stealing the very knife you're complaining so bitterly about, or someone being paid by a competitor to come here to disparage Spyderco's staff and products.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RangeRover

Post by RangeRover »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Over the line Smokey!

If you have a problem with a product then give the manufacturer the chance to make it right. That is the right thing to do. You called Eric's integrity into question and he took the high road and asked for the opportunity to make it right. You now seem as though that's not enough and you want something else. What is it that you are after? You are now making all sorts of accusations and behaving in a very disrespectful manner. You can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Just a tip for next time as I think that ship may have already sailed this time.

My advice is to either send it in, return it to the seller or sell it. Whatever you decide to do I think it is time you just move on.

Just maybe, when Eric tries to produce a future "brand new knife" that was "delayed due to production problems", he might try to QC INSPECT THEM NEXT TIME.

When I receive a knife that LOCKS OUT, can't be closed with two hands, and I have to use the end of a "plastic knife" to force the lock open in order to close the blade......then it shows a lack of quality control.

If someone checked all new knives before shipping, we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's what a smart businessman would have done on a new knife with significant production issues.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

RangeRover wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:Over the line Smokey!

Just maybe, when Eric tries to produce a future "brand new knife" that was "delayed due to production problems", he might try to QC INSPECT THEM NEXT TIME.

When I receive a knife that LOCKS OUT, can't be closed with two hands, and I have to use the end of a "plastic knife" to force the lock open in order to close the blade......then it shows a lack of quality control.

If someone checked all new knives before shipping, we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's what a smart businessman would have done on a new knife with significant production issues.
1) The OEM in Tiachung, Taiwan is widely considered one of the premier production facilities for knives. The QC issues at that factory are vanishingly rare.
2) The issue was not, is not, and never will be, a defect or a bad QC. Lock stick in general is a potential issue with every Ti framelock ever built, and it is exacerbated by pivot lubricant on the lock face. This is what happened here, and has happened to other knives from Spyderco and other companies, and will continue to happen as long as Ti framelocks are built. In fact, this one is a little worse because the Nirvana is so well built that the tolerances are very tight. You're literally complaining about a widespread, common, simple issue that happens to be made worse because the product was so well built in the first place.
3) Clearly, complaining about things is your current hobby. If not, then you'd have gone online, seen that other Nirvana owners are having this problem and that there is a simple solution similar to resolving the same issue on other knives, and you would have availed yourself of that simple solution. Instead, you create an account on the manufacturer's forums just so you can whine and yell like a child.
4) The customer isn't always right. In this case, that much can be proven with facts. You have a problem with your knife that isn't a defect that can be solved in less than five minutes, but you'd rather complain about it and waste the time and money of yourself and others to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist.

You're a troll, and I regret responding to you, but I feel the need anyway. I hope you never buy another Spyderco product, because I don't want you to get that much enjoyment out of your knives.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Ncmiked

Post by Ncmiked »

RangeRover wrote:Ncmiked

You should be fired !!
Lol! Didn't your show get taken off the air Donald?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

RangeRover wrote:Just maybe, when Eric tries to produce a future "brand new knife" that was "delayed due to production problems", he might try to QC INSPECT THEM NEXT TIME.

It appears the only thing that would appease you is to go back in time and not get this defective knife. There is currently a discussion in off topic that may be of interest to you.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm not convinced this guy even owns a Nirvana. A reply from Eric, advice from others on how to fix the problem, and no response from him about either one. He's just here to complain (about a knife he probably doesn't own). I suggest we ignore him and move on. What more is here to say that hasn't been said?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra