Spyderco Watch???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Spyderco Watch???

Post by Candyman »

Just throwing it out there. I'm sure this has been talked about before but wouldnt it be great to have a Spyderco watch. I could even imagine a small pull out Spyderco blade similar to an arrowhead that slides out from inside the watch. What do you all think?

Rich
Think for yourself
Candyman

Re: Spyderco Watch???

Post by Candyman »

Maybe even pocket watch style.......
Think for yourself
npad69

Post by npad69 »

i wonder where the spydieholes gonna be at
swigert

Post by swigert »

SEF?
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Funny you mentioned this, I had actually designed one a few years back. I should have an image of it someplace...it used hands that looked like little knives that had small thumb holes in them. Face had a carbon fiber back with red numbers and a red spider for the number 12. I'll find it...

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Lonehunter

Post by Lonehunter »

For a watch to be of the same quality as their knives, it would cost more then most here would spend .
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That would be interesting and a pocket watch version (quartz w/battery) would be great, especially if they got the tritium right and it actually glowed.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Just use one as a sundial- there you go :)

Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I'm sure Spyderco could slap their logo on someone else's watch. That may not be a bad idea. I'd like more non-knife products from them (shirts, etc).

I doubt it's a very lucrative business, selling watches to Spyderco fans.
idubodywork

Post by idubodywork »

How about a do it all multi blade slip-it with a lcd panel
( watch ) built into one of the handle scales ... on second thought that sounds pretty lame. I'm on board with the t-shirt idea tho, design one that looks like the box.
:spyder: What A Great Knife ! :spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I might be interested if it were something like a bug logo on the face of an already established watch brand/model.

Actually, this is doable but the watch I have in mind wouldn't be too cheap...not crazy expensive as watch prices go but probably close to $400. GWS is the parent company that makes Tracer watches, I have their G10 Pro Diver watch (the G10 is just coincidence, it has no actual G10 in it). It's a very nice watch used by the British military, has a 10 year battery, 200m waterproof with screw down crown, screw in strap bars and tritium lume. I know of at least one website that commissioned a watch from them with their logo and I've seen many other military logos on them.

Here's the watch..
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

demoncase wrote:Just use one as a sundial- there you go :)

hahaha. That's brilliant. I really laughed.
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Don't distract Sal, he already makes boats as a hobby! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I like the idea of a Spyderco-themed watch. USN (Usual Suspect Network) created their own unique watch some time ago using Lum Tec watches. Like David mentioned however, they are fairly costly (around $420 each). Here's a link to what the USN models look like: http://www.usualsuspect.net/forums/show ... -see-these!!

If nothing else, I'd be quite happy to see a Spyderco-ized G-Shock by Casio. Sal and Eric both seem to like the G-Shocks too. Maybe a Spyderco collab with Casio could be arranged? I dunno, but I'd sure has h-e-double-hockey-stick buy one!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

deleted
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
Lonehunter

Post by Lonehunter »

Lum Tec is one of the boutique makers I was thinking of. I have one of their watches, which i seldom wear anyone , but respect the band . Most of their watches have moved up well above the $420 USN price, Im a member there as well btw.

G Shocks tend to be very "busy" one might get a spyder on it or perhaps the whole name , not sure if anything could be done or seen on the face .

I'd want a nice open face with knife hands, like Omega uses sword hands.

There is a guy in Honk Kong who does nothing but customize Seiko watches, mostly dive watches. I have one of his SEIKO SKX007 with sword hands, after market face, after market bezel . This is an classic automatic dive watch, price of watch and all the work? $200 .

Google Seiko skx007 it's a classic bomb proof automatic .
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Seriously, how cool would it be if Spyderco collaborated with Casio to make a special edition G Shock watch!!
v8r

Post by v8r »

Cogito wrote:Seriously, how cool would it be if Spyderco collaborated with Casio to make a special edition G Shock watch!!
That is a fantastic idea sir!