2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JAfromMN

Re: 2017 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by JAfromMN »

I'm going with this one for know

Matriarch in the garden

MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

Love the shot of that mule team gringo!
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Forum Name: wec12

Product: Military

Description: Military is one of my precious Spydercos. I categorize Military as one bigger knife, so I was wondering what a pencil sculpture of Military would look like. Super tiny, especially right in front of the real Military!

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

wec12 wrote:Forum Name: wec12

Product: Military

Description: Military is one of my precious Spydercos. I categorize Military as one bigger knife, so I was wondering what a pencil sculpture of Military would look like. Super tiny, especially right in front of the real Military!

WOW! Thats INSANE!!! :D
psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

Forum Name:Psmith27
Knife: Spin

I have been enjoying this contest for years. Pictured here is my trusty old Spin during the golden hour of sunrise at Garden of the Gods Park in Colorado. The morning sun and the iconic Spyder hole are both rife with possibility and spirit. We greet the morning together eagerly and the hike that followed was a glorious start to the day here out west. Good luck to all participants! Thanks for the fun Spyderco!
Last edited by psmith27 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Forum Name: Enigma

Product:
SPYDERCO YOJIMBO2 ~ C85G2
SPYDERCO SWICK 3 ~ FB14P3

Description: The cutting power of the Wharncliffe blade is truly amazing. Spyderco's philosophy of C.Q.I has resulted in the production of the ultimate E.D.C blades ever produced. Here are 2 great examples of this philosophy:

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sorry for the Dupes....attempted to edit my original post...
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

My apologies again! :(
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Forum Name: Ignaz

Products:
C93 Navigator2

For me the Navigator2 is almost perfect. It is very useful, well made and esthetically pleasing. In my photo I wanted to show the beauty of an excellent design and nothing else.
Attachments
Spyderco Navigator2 Kopie.jpg
Last edited by Ignaz on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will012

Post by Will012 »

Model: Paramilitary 2 CF CPM154/S90V C81CFPE2

My first experience with Spyderco was 15 or so years ago when my parents brought me to the factory outlet as a little kid. However, my Spyderco addiction began about 3 years ago as a sophomore in high school. Since then, I have owned over 70 Spyderco knives of all shapes and sizes and I became a real Spyderco collector. My current collection includes mostly discontinued and sprint run models. I was very lucky to find this rare Paramilitary 2 to add to my collection, which has become one of my most prized Spydercos.
Attachments
IMG_5415.jpg
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Wow these are all amazing! Keep then coming!
Josh
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Before the Police, before the Endura, before Clipits and the trademark opening hole, Spyderco was known for kitchen knives. Now they have a new and improved line of utility knives. You no longer have to be knife shamed in your kitchen.

Feed the Spyder.

SPYDERCO UTILITY KNIFE 6" BLACK ~ K04BK

Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

MODEL: SPYDERCO BRADLEY BOWIE ~ FB33G

I chose the Bradley Bowie for my submission. The bowie knife was created as a fighting knife originally but quickly became the do anything knife of the frontier. Since then the bowie knife has been used to do everything from fighting, to food prep, to camp chores, to game processing and the Spyderco Bradley Bowie follows in that tradition by being an extremely versatile outdoor knife capable of all of those things. Besides hunting, fishing and camping I also enjoy studying wilderness survival and primitive skills. The Bradley Bowie has been a good companion on many hunting and camping trips where a jack of all trades knife is preferred. For my photo I have decided to showcase the Bradley Bowie doing one of the things I love doing with knives and that is building friction fires. This bow drill setup was constructed using aspen wood for the drill and hearth and apple wood for the bow and bearing block and was built using the Bradley Bowie. Thanks for the opportunity. :D

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MrsStudey

Post by MrsStudey »

I took this photo on the top of Pike's Peak during my first trip to Colorado. After a long hiking adventure on the mountain, my husband and I took a break just below the summit. While enjoying this majestic view, I saw a ladybug sunbathing on a rock 14,000 feet up the mountain! Since I was carrying a Spyderco Ladybug, the picture was too perfect not to take advantage of!

(And of course, we HAD to go visit :spyder: Spyderco while we were there!)
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Name: PayneTrain
Model: C81GPGR2, Para Military 2 Forest Green 204P Exclusive

This photo was taken in Machimoodus State Park, Connecticut, where I frequently take my dog for some exercise and adventure in the woods. This was a particularly picturesque morning with a blue sky over a flat-as-glass pond with a light mist burning off as the sun rose. It's the kind of scene my 204P PM2 is getting quite used to, as it is easily my favorite outdoor companion.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Forum Name: Liquid Cobra
Chosen Knife: Rubicon

The Spyderco Rubicon won the 2014 Blade Show Imported Knife of the Year, and for good reason. It is one of the most beautiful knives in my collection and I've tried to honor it here. This photo was created using a long exposure on mycamera along with a toy of my sons that gives off light. The result is something a little different, but beautiful. Just like the Rubicon. Thanks for running the contest again this year Spyderco, I had a lot of fun as usual.

Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Studey

Post by Studey »

Model: Spyderco Military C36GGRP

I chose this model because it is, in my opinion, the quintessential utility folder from Spyderco. The background in this photo is exactly the sort of rough terrain that the Military is meant for. Despite the 'Military' name, it's meant to be a strong, capable cutting tool that is dependable in a wide range of harsh environments. The CQI present in this variant of the Military demonstrates Spyderco's commitment to the ELU.

Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Who needs Christmas ornaments when you've got lots of ladybugs!

My submission features various Spyderco Ladybug 3 models in a Christmas tree. It was unfortunate I couldn't use the version with he whole tree as there was much more to see but it just didn't turn out as I'd hoped.

Username: Drahkis
Model: Ladybug 3

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

One of Spyderco's most underrated designs in recent years, the Des Horn combines a 1920's-1930's Art Deco style with modern materials and manufacturing precision. This beautiful model brings to mind the industrial might and optimism that new technology was unlocking for the world at the time. In Spyderco's offering, the Des Horn signature fits nicely with the sophistication and elegance of this simple tool.

Forum user: jabba359
Model: C153 Des Horn

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

This is the Spyderco Fluted Titanium Military, model C36TIF. The titanium scales on this version were electrically anodized to produce the even blue color. I have never been one to like colorful knives, but the extremely comfortable contoured handle and the striking appearance of the knife when seen in real life made it irresistible. Here, a little reluctant to lay it on the ground, I clipped it to a dogwood twig, and the color combination seemed to call for a photo.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.