Rhino

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Rhino

Post by Sharp Guy »

WooHoo!!! Looking forward to this one! It'll be my first ever newly released Spydie
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I can't wait to see some pics and vids of this knife. I'm pretty sure I want it, but want to see more. I'm weird that way.
- best wishes, Jazz.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Are we there yet?

Michael,
Can you speed-up the process? Please.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sharp Guy wrote:WooHoo!!! Looking forward to this one! It'll be my first ever newly released Spydie
Sounds good, man. Let me know what you think! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Jazz wrote:I can't wait to see some pics and vids of this knife. I'm pretty sure I want it, but want to see more. I'm weird that way.
That sounds perfectly normal to me, Jazz. :) I don't think it's weird. I generally do the same when I see new designs. I am hoping someone can do a nice video presentation of the Rhino when it comes out. That would be helpful, I think.

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:Are we there yet?

Michael,
Can you speed-up the process? Please.
It sounds like we are getting very close, Roman. We just learned yesterday that it is about a "month(ish)" away from being available! :D

KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

SpyderNut wrote:Now THAT is some good news! :D :D :D I just now saw your post few moments ago and I am pretty tickled to hear this. Thank you greatly for posting this info, KnickKnack. You have made my weekend a very happy one. ;)
No problem at all! Happy to contribute whatever I can to the forum. Thank you for the wealth of knowledge/experience you share here and the shiny footprints left behind doing so. Really looking forward to coming back to this thread with Rhino in hand to reread its journey. Congratulations again, sir.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Now THAT is some good news! :D :D :D I just now saw your post few moments ago and I am pretty tickled to hear this. Thank you greatly for posting this info, KnickKnack. You have made my weekend a very happy one. ;)
No problem at all! Happy to contribute whatever I can to the forum. Thank you for the wealth of knowledge/experience you share here and the shiny footprints left behind doing so. Really looking forward to coming back to this thread with Rhino in hand to reread its journey. Congratulations again, sir.
That is very kind of you, KnickKnackCity. I deeply appreciate the nice words and support. :) I was hoping to see the Rhino by Christmas, so the possibility of seeing it in Aug. or Sept. is definitely exciting! :D :D

i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Bumping this thread up because these need to hurry up!!! Haha
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Ready for a Rhino! This one is definitely going to be riding in my pocket. Excited about a compression lock on a small folder with a trailing point.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

@ i am travvy -- Thanks, man. :) I'm fairly eager to see these too. Looking at my old pictures makes me want one even more, lol. Maybe in a few more weeks (give or take)? ;)

@ clovisc -- Yes sir, in fact I think I'll take the pocket clip off of mine and just carry it loosely in my pocket. I carried my original prototype by this method for a while and was quite pleased with it.

JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

I've been out of knives for a while but this knife calls to me. Can't wait!
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I was very interested in this design early on when I saw it....and I LOVE CTS-BD1 steel....I think it will work great on a small folder such as this. Congrats again on the collaboration, Michael! Looking forward to trying one myself!
hom76

Post by hom76 »

I just noticed that it is made in Taipei Taiwan and not Taichung. Is it a new subcontractor of Spyderco? Any idea of the quality of their work?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

hom76 wrote:I just noticed that it is made in Taipei Taiwan and not Taichung. Is it a new subcontractor of Spyderco? Any idea of the quality of their work?
I believe they make the Cat and Chicago.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I hope these drop very soon. A small compression lock folder, will make a great birthday gift for my soon to be 8 year old son.
sparky2016

Post by sparky2016 »

It was a month-ish to release a month ago. So now maybe it's just -ish?
BTG

Post by BTG »

That would be great...I always get it in my head that all the early releases will be out before the mid years start to drop, but we all know that's not the case...can't wait for the Rhino myself....only spydie I've ever ordered two of right off the bat...one of those , no matter what else I'm carrying, this will be one of them knives.
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

I hate to pre order because I never know how long its going to take to get my knife shipped. Does anyone know if these will be readily available at all the normal dealers at the same time?
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

mrtodd777 wrote:I hate to pre order because I never know how long its going to take to get my knife shipped. Does anyone know if these will be readily available at all the normal dealers at the same time?

In my opinion, pre-ordering is a waste of effort. The few times that I've pre-ordered knives, I ended up snagging one sooner and cancelled my pre-order.