52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DrtyHarry

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by DrtyHarry »

I don't see it on KC...must be down again.

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Knife Works (KW) has them in stock, but as mentioned earlier they are marked up 10 buckz
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Finally snagged one from bladehq a few days ago while they were in stock, it's on the way :). After waiting a month on pre-order from KC and non-existent customer service from osogrande that has no mention that they don't even have any.. I canceled those. Well, not even sure how to cancel with osogrande, working on that sent them a message and tried calling. May wind up keeping that one too if they decide to send it. Or sell it to a spyder junkie here that missed out (at the same price, not sure if that's forbidden to do here). Anyway phew.. Glad to have one here soon. :spyder: :spyder:
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Just got another of these emails from KC a couple of hours ago:

"Dear Valued Customer,

This is a friendly note to let you know that your order is still in process. Rest assured that it is in good hands! As soon as your order is complete, it will be shipped right out."

Yeah, so apparently placing a preorder over 2 months ahead of time still isn't good enough at Knife Center. They must have recieved a lot of very very early preorders.
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpeedHoles wrote:Just got another of these emails from KC a couple of hours ago:

"Dear Valued Customer,

This is a friendly note to let you know that your order is still in process. Rest assured that it is in good hands! As soon as your order is complete, it will be shipped right out."

Yeah, so apparently placing a preorder over 2 months ahead of time still isn't good enough at Knife Center. They must have recieved a lot of very very early preorders.
I think your right Speed, my pre-order with them was place on 1/8/15 and I was still in the second batch sent out, they had their pre-order up longer than anyone so I'm sure that contributed largely to the volume of orders they must have received. ;) :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah KC is trudgin right along. They may be slow but Ill bet everyone that pre ordered one will get one.
And thats cool...
I was about a month behind Dan. I believe I ordered kine on 2-18-16, and mine will be here tomorrow.
Just really hoping she's as nice as the one I received from BHQ.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I picked mine up from Knife Works and I still have my pre-order in with Knife Center. I'm going to leave my pre-order in with KC and see if they actually come through, if they do I'll just give it to my dad.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't blame KC for taking so many preorders just so long as they realistically expect to receive and sell that many, which I really don't think is true. I can tell you this much though, in the future I won't be relying on one retailer for preorders ever again.

Also I have to give it to Sooner State Knives. I did pay more than I wanted, but the only place I've ever ordered from that shipped faster than they did is Summit Racing who operates 24 hours and will ship your stuff in the middle of the night. It took 2 days from the day I ordered it to the day it was in my hand.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

+1 on SSK's Kenny has always come through for me, he may be a touch higher than others but ultra reliable. I've also been able to find pieces from him when everyone else has been out.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My KC 52100 just arrived. Its a great piece!
Perfect centering and a smoother action than my 1st 52100. Couldn't be happier with it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

KC 52100
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

DOING MY HAPPY DANCE!!!!! Got it.....waited 5 months, but I got it. Now for the 110!

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

DrtyHarry wrote:DOING MY HAPPY DANCE!!!!! Got it.....waited 5 months, but I got it. Now for the 110!

Harry
Congratz man! Its a great feeling isn't it? ;)
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

MacLaren wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:DOING MY HAPPY DANCE!!!!! Got it.....waited 5 months, but I got it. Now for the 110!

Harry
Congratz man! Its a great feeling isn't it? ;)
It is!! I've waited long periods of time for custom made knives and 1911s....but 6 months for a Sprint Spidie? Never.... Didn't think KC was going to come thru....

Harry
swigert

Post by swigert »

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm just gonna wait it out and be patient, see if KC comes through for me.
Can't find any other retailers with one in stock, anyway...
Going back to Caly.
flatearth

Post by flatearth »

SpeedHoles wrote:I'm just gonna wait it out and be patient, see if KC comes through for me.
Can't find any other retailers with one in stock, anyway...
CS has 'em in stock... if you can swallow their $245 price
http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spydercoc3 ... ntrun.aspx
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

$245 is worth it if you are late in the game....$30 more is not hard to swallow when these things will fetch for $400+ not long from now. IMHO.

Harry
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Harry
swigert

Post by swigert »

In stock at CS.