52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spideyhole

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by Spideyhole »

Same here,,, where are the 110's?

I think we need to start another thread that worries over its release.
Ocarr

Post by Ocarr »

Sorry guys, reading the description on their site it states that they are out of stock and fulfilling any orders could take 2 weeks.
Ocarr

Post by Ocarr »

Maybe that's why it says -3, my bad, I never dealt with them before. Just a site I happen apon and was only trying to help out. Sorry again.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

DrtyHarry wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:Again, how come some are numbered and some are not???
Only collector club knifes have a number on the blade, normal sprint pieces do not. Wondering when you were going to surface on this one Harry. :D
I saw a couple of the 52100s floating around and some had numbers, others did not. I thought I had read someplace that all the 52110s were going to have a number on the blade. Guess that was a mistake...

No matter, if it has a number on it I'll probably wouldn't use it much anyway....lol. Now where are the S110Vs at??? ;)

Harry
CC number doesn't really add any value to the knife, if anything it might confirm that it is not a fake but that's about it. :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Spideyhole wrote:Same here,,, where are the 110's?

I think we need to start another thread that worries over its release.
I think I may have....

I am ever so happy with the PM2 in S110V...thus far, I am the happiest with 110. I use diamond rods and leather and it keeps a hair cutting sharp edge all the time. Couldn't be happier. Curious as to how I am going to like the 52100 and how the steel behaves compared to the 110 on the PM2. I also hope they make the YO 2 in 110 some day soon....blurple has really grown on me. I lynched my PM2 and put a back spacer in it, and find myself using it more often than most of my other EDC knives! Bang for buck....the PM2 and Millie are hard to beat.

Harry
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

farnorthdan wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Only collector club knifes have a number on the blade, normal sprint pieces do not. Wondering when you were going to surface on this one Harry. :D
I saw a couple of the 52100s floating around and some had numbers, others did not. I thought I had read someplace that all the 52110s were going to have a number on the blade. Guess that was a mistake...

No matter, if it has a number on it I'll probably wouldn't use it much anyway....lol. Now where are the S110Vs at??? ;)

Harry
CC number doesn't really add any value to the knife, if anything it might confirm that it is not a fake but that's about it. :spyder:

For me that number takes away value. I can't stand how they look.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
swigert

Post by swigert »

Evil D wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:

Harry

For me that number takes away value. I can't stand how they look.
Same here. My only numbered knife is a mantra. Got it right when it came out. I was bummed about it being numbered.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

Can the number be removed without leaving any marks?
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
swigert

Post by swigert »

DrtyHarry wrote:Can the number be removed without leaving any marks?
Never seen it done.
swigert

Post by swigert »

swigert wrote:
DrtyHarry wrote:Can the number be removed without leaving any marks?
Never seen it done.
Well a full re grind would certainly take it off.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The only piece I have with the CC number is my Rock Lobster, I would have preferred it without but I ended up buying it long after they were disco'd and got a good deal on it so took what I could get. :cool:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

DrtyHarry wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:

No matter, if it has a number on it I'll probably wouldn't use it much anyway....lol. Now where are the S110Vs at??? ; )

Harry
The Collectors' Club members are required to buy a specific number (whatever they sign up for) of every single knife that comes out. Each member has a specific number that's always on his knives. That's quite a big financial responsibility they take on just to be sure they won't miss any models, so some of them sell the models they're not interested in. Also, some of them are dealers, which makes it easier for them to sell them. Another benefit of the club is that the CC knives ship first, which explains why some of them frequently show up on eBay before they show up in stores. Some people are willing to pay more for the CC numbered ones (somewhere around 200 produced) and others would prefer not to have somebody else's messy number on their knife :p Just thought this would explain why you saw some early on.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

^I guess that makes sense...not sure where I read that they were all going to have a number on this particular Sprint. Perhaps I misunderstood....thanks for clearing it up for me! :)

Harry
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wouldn't mind if sprints were numbered if it were done on the back side of the blade and very discreetly instead of right in the middle of the blade like the CC number is. I'd probably even be ok with CC numbers if they were put on the back side of the tang somehow.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Back up at Knifeworks this morning.

early bird...worm...yadayadayada
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

shunsui wrote:Back up at Knifeworks this morning.

Yeah, I saw that too. I need another Military like I need a hole in the head, but that's never stopped me before! :D
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

In stock at Knives Plus...
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I see KW has increased the price by $10... Must be a hot item... :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

Well, I broke down and bought one. This is my first Military model and I figured with all of the hype around this one I might as well check it out.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

shunsui wrote:Back up at Knifeworks this morning.

Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order.