52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SteelSpyder

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by SteelSpyder »

Sharpened mine up today. It was actually more abrasion resistant than I was expecting. It gets screaming sharp. I was easily whittling hair off a medium Spyderco stone.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Since this was Sal's pet project. The steel seems pretty rare and hard to work. It looks like it takes an edge very nicely looking above. Plus limited production this may be come one of the most coveted and rare of all the Military versions.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well that was fast, my order from SSK is already in the mail.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

Evil D wrote:Well that was fast, my order from SSK is already in the mail.

Have any of you guys talked with SSK or if they mentioned more coming? I just put in order in. Out of stock but order went through. Wondering what my chances might be. March preorder with KC and today with SSK.
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

This has become a nightmare. So, I go to Oso Grande and they have a 52100 sitting there on the website. Doesn't say back order, or not on stock, or preorder, etc. I add to cart and it lets me. I then proceed to finish my order, and do, and then I get confirmation email that my order is processed and thanks for shopping with us. That was yesterday morning. Since then not a word. Nothing. So, I call and it goes to voice mail and I ask them to call me and tell me when it will ship. I go to their site and do the contact us thing and ask them to tell me when it will ship. Still nothing.

If they up and tell me they never really had it in stock....
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

So, does that mean you will still need therapy? :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spideyhole wrote:This has become a nightmare. So, I go to Oso Grande and they have a 52100 sitting there on the website. Doesn't say back order, or not on stock, or preorder, etc. I add to cart and it lets me. I then proceed to finish my order, and do, and then I get confirmation email that my order is processed and thanks for shopping with us. That was yesterday morning. Since then not a word. Nothing. So, I call and it goes to voice mail and I ask them to call me and tell me when it will ship. I go to their site and do the contact us thing and ask them to tell me when it will ship. Still nothing.

I've had a similar experience with Oso Grande back when I was ordering the Orange Dodo. I decided to let it ride. IIRC, they eventually sent a shipping notice. But it did make me sweat a little, lol.
Last edited by SpyderNut on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SpyderNut wrote:
Maybe not but I may be eating Ramen noodles for a while lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Come on Knife Center!!.....daddy needs a new Millie!!!
:p :D :spyder:
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

Still no word from Knife Center for me.... -_- jealous
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Evil D wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Maybe not but I may be eating Ramen noodles for a while lol.
Lol. Ramen noodles are the breakfast food of champions...and poor knife knuts too. :o :D

bpahk

Post by bpahk »

Spideyhole wrote:This has become a nightmare. So, I go to Oso Grande and they have a 52100 sitting there on the website. Doesn't say back order, or not on stock, or preorder, etc. I add to cart and it lets me. I then proceed to finish my order, and do, and then I get confirmation email that my order is processed and thanks for shopping with us. That was yesterday morning. Since then not a word. Nothing. So, I call and it goes to voice mail and I ask them to call me and tell me when it will ship. I go to their site and do the contact us thing and ask them to tell me when it will ship. Still nothing.

I got mine from them a few days ago. Had it on preorder and they charged me 2 days before I got the shipping notice. They've always come through for me though. I've ordered from the maybe 6 or 7 times, they've never let me down.
This Millie is a beauty. First one I got in solid cf instead of the g10/cf laminate. Very nicely finished with perfectly milled liner lock.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Between a burst pipe and medical expenses the 52100 millie is getting further away for me. What a shame. I've waited a long, long time for one like this. Those that can, enjoy! I'm happy for everyone that has the opportunity for this one. It's a rare bird indeed.

Joe
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Mine is stuck in Florida! Ugh! Ramen is one of my favs as long as it's doctored up a bit :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The Mastiff wrote:Between a burst pipe and medical expenses the 52100 millie is getting further away for me. What a shame. I've waited a long, long time for one like this. Those that can, enjoy! I'm happy for everyone that has the opportunity for this one. It's a rare bird indeed.

Joe
Hey Joe, I haven't forgotten about our little discussion a while back, I'm working on multiples and may still be able to pull it off if your still interested. One is in the mail right now from Kenny and got a pre-order in at KW's and possibly KC, I'll keep you posted. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'll keep you posted.
Sounds good Dan. I'll make sure to log in and check e mails more often.

Joe
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

SSK said they expect more in the next few weeks. Hopefully they know something and aren't just guessing.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Looking forward to using this one. Sorry for the lousy pic, it's clear I'm not a photo bug. :spyder:
52100.jpg
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

I got an email from KC telling me that my order is in good hands. Thats good to hear but obviously I would of rather got an email telling me my knife has shipped. Im still holding my breath and have my fingers crossed that the fat lady hasnt sung on this one yet.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

On a whim I checked Amazon and saw that they had five 52100s for $275 from Cutlery Plus (never heard of it).
Also some for $275 from AmazinCut in Texas, claiming Prime, but without a prime shipping date.

FWIW I realized the other day that I've never bought a knife from Amazon. Nothing much against Amazon, just always got good deals elsewhere (except an Elmax PM2 from BBS :rolleyes: )
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.