52100 Military, what are your plans?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Re: 52100 Military, what are your plans?

Post by Popsickle »

2011BLDR wrote:My KC Pre-order from 11/12/15 is updated to in stock and paid. The charge on my CC is pending. Looks like if you pre-orderd early you will get it. in the end KC is the only place that still takes early Pre-orders, I just wish they would set a limit that matches their expected share of the total sprint # to be produced.
I got in on the first day when they became available for preorder. showing a Thursday delivery on tracking for 2 :)
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

can't wait to see patina pics of this knife!
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

The really sad thing is earlier today knowing I will never get my preorder from KC I went to OSO Grande and they had them in stock. But, I hesitated and 30 minutes later they were no longer available. ****!!!

I only hesitated because I didn't believe what I saw and I wanted to call them to be sure. I finally got them to answer and they said they just pulled them from the site as they sold the ones they had. **** again. I had my one chance and blew it. Reeeeaallly frustrating.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Quite relieved, just got my KC shipped notice at 2:20 PST...also ordered 11/12/15....ordered the 40th Anniversary N5 same day, hope that one comes through also...extremely limited.....could be tight....almost forgot the M4 sprint..so many great knives dropping ...well, KC hasn't failed me yet..knock on wood.
Last edited by BTG on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm happy to say I'll be picking up mine at my local B+M this time next week :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
animportant

Post by animportant »

I preordered 11/22. Really looking for that shipping notification tomorrow will probably call. Getting a little nervous. Relieved to go through my emails and see it was that far back I ordered.
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

I've made an order for 2. One pre-order from kc and ordered another from osgrande.. Received no shipping notification from either store. I'm already seeing these for sale on Ebay.. :confused: :mad: Where's mine?
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Malfeasant wrote:I've made an order for 2. One pre-order from kc and ordered another from osgrande.. Received no shipping notification from either store. I'm already seeing these for sale on Ebay.. :confused: :mad: Where's mine?

looks like 3 out of 4 on the bay are collectors club numbered knives. I truly hope that those that are really interested in this sprint get one
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Will a simple wipe down with a cloth work for blade maintenance? I've misplaced my tuf cloth.
I don't mind the patina forming on my GB2 but I also let that happen.
2011BLDR

Post by 2011BLDR »

KC Order shipped...
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I'm soooo mad! I had ordered a loooong time ago, cancelled because I was short on funds....than ordered again (a 52100 and a S110V). I guess I lost my spot!!!
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

I am in same boat. Had both 52100 and s110 preordered and canceled the s110 because of funds. Now I won't even be getting this. If I had known I would never get this I would have kept the s110.

I am moving on now that I know I won't be getting it. Gonna take that $200 and look for another knife I had on my want list. Just chalk it up to yet another sprint I won't have. I just wish they would make more variety in the Millie - other than the titanium ones all the others bore me, but the ti ones are to expensive imo for just s30v.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Don't be too hard on yourself. There will be other opportunities to buy the 52100. Just keep on trawling the online sites during the next few weeks, especially the lesser known sites. Even if you are unsuccessful, these high-demand sprints occasionally pop up on the secondary market at somewhat reasonable prices. You just have to be patient.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Why are people assuming this is sold out? They haven't even hit yet. Just trickling in.
animportant

Post by animportant »

ABX2011 wrote:Why are people assuming this is sold out? They haven't even hit yet. Just trickling in.
Because we are addicts of Sal and Co.'s creations!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

ABX2011 wrote:Why are people assuming this is sold out? They haven't even hit yet. Just trickling in.
Because folks want it so bad! They aren't thinking straight!

Honestly, in the four years I've been on here there hasn't been a sprint I've wanted that I've missed. Just keep at it people. You'll get one.
Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm gonna need therapy after this.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
baldanthony

Post by baldanthony »

I want to echo an above post about watching lesser known sites - they don't have the same advertisement capabilities, and go unnoticed for longer. River's Edge Cutlery got 3 on Monday, which actually lasted a few hours (I know, because they called me and I happily drove up there to buy one!) I've seen sprints of PM2's and Manix's, etc, last even a few weeks there.
They aren't certain about how sought after these will be, so ultimately it's up to how much 52100 is available, and how much noise we make to get Spyderco to roll these out, right? Also, so we all know what to expect, MAP pricing is $209.97. Best of luck, everybody! Definitely worth the cost and effort.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Donut wrote:Normal operation for sprints at knife center.

They pre order as many as people want to. They get them (or process them) after many other dealers. They don't get many. People who pre order later have an open order after the sprint has come and gone, hoping for another shipment.

Since they don't charge for a pre order, it is good to pre order with them and if you see one in stock; order it and cancel with knife center.
This is the strategy I've used when I have been really, really eager to get one. That way usually the worst case scenario would be you'd not cancel quick enough and wind up with two (or not have funds to cover both). With the 52100 you'd likely have no trouble selling the 2nd one or maybe decide to keep it.

I ordered mine at KC on 15 Nov and finally got a notice that it was "ready to ship" and "do you still want it." Don't know why they didn't just ship it. It's going out this afternoon, first class, and should arrive Sat at the latest :p

To those who are giving up and spending their money on another knife, slashing their wrists, etc, as mentioned above, this ain't over yet.

In the past, sprints have been sent out in small batches to many dealers, so all the dealers get a chance to get them in the hands of buyers as quick as possible. Additional batches are sent out to many of the same dealers, presumably as produced. So if you have one pre-ordered, leave it alone and you'll most likely get it later, unless the dealer says they definitely won't receive anymore.

It's possible that the new facility might affect the size of batches sent out or the how quickly the run is finished, but so far it seems similar to previous sprint runs.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

National Knives, which has always been in line with pricing has the 52100 for $249.99 - and thats if and when they get any.....I feel the 209.00 price wont last that long..